“One Of A Kind.”

Ranked #50 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One Of A Kind.”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The best hotel I've been to In my life. Fancy. High Tech. Luxurious. Everything was top notch. I'd stay here over & over again.
Stayed here for my honeymoon, my wife forgot about me & kept on talking about the hotel :).
Customer service was excellent, draho the receptionist was more than helpful in everything.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobbyMulani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Stayed for 03 nights in september. Went with a friend. Perfect location, huge room with everything you can dream of in gadgets. Super confortable bed, huge, clean bathroom with a perfect bath tube - with a bang olufsen tv in front of you. Service friendly, but not effective...young people...lack experience I guess,but very nice people. Great hotel.Loved it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed August 2, 2010

What can I say about the very best hotel, I’ve ever stayed at....

First in for most please call the hotel and reserve there town car (60dollars) to pick you up at the train station. We arrived in Prague with our two friends looking for the taxi’s and there we’re only two of them and it was one of those times when Americans are in Europe and we just had to except the insane price they asked for to take us to the hotel (they would not turn on their meter). My husband still can’t talk about how much they asked for but when you’re exhausted and no other cabs in sight…..

Arriving to the hotel the registration staff was very nice and spoke English. The lobby was small but impressive with a modern boutique flare. The bellman takes you to your room to explain how to work your electronics. Entering your room they set the mood lighting and plasma tv with Buddha Bar relaxation lounge music. The room is exactly like the website, very impressive it was not the work of a good photographer. The room was the nicest room with the most impressive materials and products, I’ve ever seen in a home let alone a hotel and I’m a Designer. I can’t even think of the bed because I miss it so much, I now know what’s it’s like to sleep in a puff of cloud. My husband couldn’t get enough of the tub and didn’t want to get out of it especially because theirs a flush mounted tv behind the mirror. After the little bath he would hop into the Rain Shower which was exhilarating. They also had cookies and chocolates waiting for you as well, everyday.
Our friends also stayed at the hotel in a room down the hall, there room was similar but slightly larger. Since there room was larger after a long night out in Prague we would take the party back to there place. We all came to the conculsion that they also have sound proof walls because we were very loud. Luckily theres a liquior store across the street to buy snacks and more liquior. The owners will follow you around like your a thief but by the third night in a row they just smiled at us. (There open at least until 3 am)

Our friends and I have eaten at Buddha Bar Paris Restaurant and it was one of the best meals I’ve had in Europe and now I can add Buddha Bar Prague.

For the single ladies out there, the front desk guys are good looking.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BrickerHouston
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My whole stay was just about perfect. Everything in the room has obviously been carefully selected. The Nespresso machine is free and is the best coffee machine I've ever seen in a hotel room. Perhaps some creamer in the Sub Zero fridge drawer would have been ideal.
The B&O TV is pretty but the remote, like most remotes is not intuitive. The in-room entertainment is good but the menus were also unintuitive. Still, with the speakers in the ceiling, the sound was great and you can listen to buddha bar streaming radio or any of the CD collection.
From the bed you can control all the lights but again, the controls are not straight forward and you fumble a bit yet once you get it, it's very good.
In Europe you rarely get a room with American style COLD AC, this room gets plenty cold and it was 93 degrees outside all week. Big bonus.
Sheets are RKF from France, smooth, soft, supple, the bed is pure joy and hard to get out of in all the right ways. The pillows are the best I've slept on anywhere, hotel or not, bar none.
Free wifi, you have to respect the hotel that gives it away when others decide to gouge you for it. Little things like this are great.
The bathroom has a TV in the mirror but it's for the bathtub and we all know you dont use the bathtub. Still it's watchable while you do your ablutions, so, it works out. The speakers in here are nice too, great sound.
Rain shower in the shower and if you like these things, its great, if you dont, as is the case with me, it sucks. There is a hand-held shower thing but it's mounted at hip height so it's not of use to me. Not a ding, it's serviceable, I just dont like rain showers.
The blinds are all controlled by a Somfy system which is wireless and the best you can get. I do some integration work and know these systems. The remote had buttons that were not programmed, I would replace them with the single button versions. It confuses ppl.
But the best feature of a hotel room that is brimming with the best of the best is the Geberit 8000 Plus, the king of toilets. http://www.ukbathrooms.com/shop/toilets/contemporary_toilet/products/geberit_aquaclean_8000_plus_shower_toilet.html This is the toilet that washes your behind and then blows it dry. And once you get over how it's unlike anything you've ever felt, you realize it's very cool and look forward to the PM BM.

The staff was extremely friendly by any standard but for Prague, known for surly service everywhere, it's exceptional. The entire hotel is kept spotless by an army of people who are always tidying up.

I got the room for $289/night looking it up on Kayak so it's an amazing deal at that rate.

Some people whined about a breakfast buffet, well, get over it. If you want a buffet, go to a hotel that has one. There are plenty. The location is ideal, the rooms are superb, and at a decent rate and the design / style is unlike anything else out there. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank CubicleCowboy
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Location, staff and the interior are absolutely 1 class! Very special design and ambience. A little pearl of Prauge! Wonderful amenities in the rooms from the slippers to the coffee. Highly recomended, especially for a romantic trip!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank achunter
Luxembourg
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Of course, the Buddha Bar Hotel Prague is all one would expect from a top-end five star hotel. The room was spacious and it was a constant struggle to choose between the comfort of the bed and the beauty that has Prague has to over. Also, I had the luck to meet both the Hotel Manager and the Hotel PR Officer shortly after my arrival and they both went the extra mile to make my stay more than worth while. On a final note: when I asked reception to print my boarding pass for my return flight - it was given to me in a nice hotel envelope. First time in my life I was flying Buddha Bar Hotel airlines. Service extended beyond the stay. Truly special.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank buzzlyman
UK
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Yes I liked it but I don't think it's worth the money we paid.

Minor gripes - AC is noisy, would have preferred a buffet option at breakfast, some minor technical glitches in the room, the drain in the shower is far too small which leads to the bathroom floor getting flooded, the common areas are just so-so.

Plus points - fast WIFI (free), friendly staff, the room was a decent size, good TV/sound system

Location is ideal, just minutes away from Na Prikope, the main shopping area and Palladium shopping centre. Old Town Square is a fews mins walk away.

I wouldn't go again because the price is too high, approx £180 per night