“Do not hesitate, just book it !!!”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #50 of 649 Hotels in Prague
denmark
“Do not hesitate, just book it !!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

If you're looking for the best hotel in Prague, then you have found it. Location, staff and the interior is just completely 1 class.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ottawa
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I booked a weeklong stay at this hotel, having found discovered it on link in a Bang and Olufsen adverisement (they provide the entertainment systems in the rooms). The hotel is fabuous, the location perfect, just steps to Staromeska square with it's beautiful town clock and close to the metro. The best shopping and wonderful restaurants were steps away and the walk to Charles bridge was about 10 minutes.
I cannot say enough about the service- the staff were wonderful and the daily chocolates and fresh orchid in the room delightful. The room was absolutely gorgeous and spotless. The decor was very sexy as well and the bed/sheets super comfortable. My gf and I rented mountain bikes for the week and went on some great rides- to Karlstejn and elsewhere and City Bike is about 50 meters from the hotel door - super convenient. We discovered an amazing Italian restaurant nearby as well- Ambiente Pasta Fresca (Celetna 11). The best Italian I have eaten- hard to believe it is hiding in Prague (and I have been to Italy twice).
The Siddharta cafe had a great breakfast promotion. Delicious food, and the perfect lattes and fresh squeezed orange juice were the best! The Buddha Bar Restaurant has great music and we often wandered down for a nightcap.
All in all, just a fabulous week and a real treat!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Very private, unbelieveably quiet in a very convenient central location. Staff couteous and helpful. Room amenities over the top (e.g. remote for the bidet, about 40 different lighting settings), but room was very comfortable and small touches (fresh fruit at turndown) made a great stay.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
washington, DC
Reviewed October 21, 2009

it was set to be a business trip, but developed into a holiday once we got to the buddha bar hotel. THe sevice is the top of the line and the rooms were great. There is nothing the staff cannot arrange. My husband and I will return for a romantic holiday in a few months. One of the tip hotels in the world.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank aertwashingtonDC
NY, NY
Reviewed October 16, 2009

By far one of the BEST hotel experiences I have ever had (in the world)! The hotel itself is amazing - beautifully decorated with all amenities at your finger tips. What impressed me most, however, was the service. Usually with such nice hotels, I experience a "snobby" attitude from the staff - not here. The staff was amazing. They treated us like VIP guests from the second we walked in - walking us to our rooms, giving us a tour, recommending great restaurants, arranging tickets for the opera, jazz clubs, etc. If you are in Prague - certainly stay at this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ny_NyWorldTraveler
UK
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Most of my thoughts on this hotel have been covered in previous reviews but I had to add mine as this was an experience I'll never forget. I visited Prague earlier this week and decided to stay at the Buddha Bar as I was travelling with my partner and wanted somewhere special. I'm so glad I chose this hotel!

Everything about it was just fantastic. The decor, the service, the rooms, the restaurant, the bar... we stayed in the superior double (which is the most "basic" of the rooms). The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and was just a lovely place to relax, with chillout music playing from the huge bang & olufsen TV. so much detail has gone into these rooms to make them just a wonderful place to stay. We did as much sight seeing as possible but it really did feel like a shame to leave the hotel! As for the bathrooms... The rain shower was fantastic and the bathtub was the perfect size for two to relax in, although I'm sure that it would be just as suited to one. Other people have mentioned the toilet facilities, but really you have to experience them to appreciate them!

As for the staff, they couldn't do enough and the service was excellent throughout. We also dined in the restaurant one evening and the food was fantastic. not cheap but if you feel li8ke splashing out you should definitely try the food. And the cocktails! Also the location is perfect. 5 minute walk to the old town and most of the city is within walking distance.

Overall this was just a really great experience and I would definitely stay there again if I returned to Prague. The hotel is by no means cheap but you can get a good deal if you look around and it really is worth the extra because out of many of the top rated hotels this is one of the best. If you’re looking for something different that adds something more than your run of the mill hotel, then I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller83123
ny, ny
Reviewed October 10, 2009

this is the place to come. we were treated as though we were the only guests in the hotel. Every single staff member we interacted with was incredibly professional and friendly -especially the folks working at the front desk. They helped with anything/everything we needed - from booking us tickets to the opera, to reccommending fabulous restaurants and jazz clubs - where the locals frequented (not tourist traps!). The hotel itself is amazing. After a long day of walking and site seeing it was great coming back to our big cozy room. I highly recommend this hotel. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends