“Best Hotel for Honeymoon or Romance”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #49 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Rome, Italy
“Best Hotel for Honeymoon or Romance”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Buddha-bar Hotel in Prague, I should say is the most romantic hotel I have ever been in. I have already been to many places. Going on a vacation on a different country was not new to me but I was more looking forward to my trip to Czech Republic because it will be my first trip with my husband. It was home to the magnificent Prague Astronomical Clock. We decided to do our own tour around the city and so we also decided to search for hotels in the area. The hotel had 5 star accommodations and I loved their themed Buddha statue in the middle of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your romantic break at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague which is located in the true heart of the Old Town.
Should you wish to relax again in our Buddha-themed atmoshpere, please, feel free to contact me.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I really liked this hotel - great location, very cool design. Two things took my review away from an excellent rating. First, the TV/radio system is overly complicated (as noted in other reviews). I never did figure out how to turn the TV off - I could get to a main menu (with no sound) and then just turned the TV away. Yes, I could have asked for assistance.... Second, the hotel was out of Buddha Bar t-shirts and CDs. Small point, but they make great gifts.

The rooms are really beautiful. I was in room 37 so it was in a corner with a small turret corner. Beautiful bathroom (yes, the shower is tricky to prevent water getting everywhere) and a big bathtub.

Yes, the hallways are dark (as noted by others). But it's the Buddha BAR hotel, not the Buddha BEACH hotel!

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: As noted by others, the rooms can get a little street noise but it was all kids coming home from nea...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. At the same time, I am sorry for the minor disappointments you experienced.
CDs are on sale at Hotel Reception (yesterday we received the latest buddha-bar BEST OF by Ravin 1997 - 2013) and as you mentioned these make excellent and popular gifts. Unfortunately, the T-shirts have been discontinued.
Should you return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can welcome you personally and present you with a small gift. :)

Hong Kong
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My bf and I spent 5 nights end of Jan 2014 at Buddha-Bar Hotel in Prague, even though we had been to quite a lot of unique hotels, we were both impressed with the ambience, decoration,...it does give us a WOW effect!! We were located on the top floor (5th floor), where there is a cute attic with windows and shutters with quite an advance remote control for it. The room was smartly designed maximising the space. Bed was VERY comfortable KING size bed with a choice of pillows for you to choose from. They offered a selection of Buddha-Bar music that you can choose from, however their Albums were not up to the latest Album (XV) but only up to Buddha-Bar X which is not as nice. The B&O TV looks chic yet it's complicated in functioning. The lighting of the room was wonderfully designed, yet they should improve towards the functioning of the lighting, 3 nights, it took me almost 20 mins to turn out all the lights... believe me, even if you read their instructions,.. when its at night and you really wanna rest.. this really is annoying to remember how to function the switches... Bathroom was beautiful with a very spacious bathtub where you can both enjoy the bubble bath if you like, however, the shower is quite annoying since the water kept spilling outside the shower (as there were no door) and you ended up making half of the bathroom flooded with water after 2 people took shower. Toiletries are from L'occitane which was nice and attentive.
Service at the hotel was ok, I must say they are ok but not extremely proactive in offering help unless you asked. Be alert that if you wanted to rest in your room during the day, do remember to hang the "do not disturb" sign, as 2 days in a row the house keeping entered immediately after they knocked at the door without even waiting for us to respond asking her to wait... that was quite not perfect.
We went to the Bar in the basement one night and the service at the restaurant is much better than the bar itself, the bar was more relaxed which most of the time you need to go and asked for drinks, they don't really come to place your order. The music didn't bother us that much as other guests commented, since we were on the top floor, but it's true that the outside construction can be a negative point sometimes it can wake you up by the bar crowd. The buddha placed at the corner of the room is very unique.... but they could have used better the space next to the TV and the Buddha as they place some chairs and a small table, but basically the ceiling was so low that you won't go to that side.
Location of the hotel is perfect and its only 2 mins from the Old Town Square. All in all I will definitely recommend couples to stay there if they want something unusual and chic. It's great for couples who wanted a bit of sightseeing and a bit of relaxation as we spent quite a lot of time in the room enjoying music and relaxing. An Amazing Holiday at a Contemporary Chic Hotel!

Room Tip: Try to request for Higher Floors
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review. I am glad that overall your experience was positive and many aspects of our hotel "WOWed" you.
I appriciate your frank feedback regarding the in-room facilities and I apologize for the difficulties you encountered.
When you return to Prague, I believe new (and simpler) entertainment systems will await you. :)
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you plan your trip.

Your faithfully,

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over the NYE holiday in an exterior room. It was so incredilbly noisy (there are several bars on the street) that we did not get one good nights sleep. In addition, you can hear the garbage trucks collecting glass. The lights in the room are way too complicated - one night I ended up unscrewing a light bulb. We did ask to move to an quieter room and it was much better. Overall we thought the botique hotel was trying to be too cool with the overly dim lights. Should mention, we usually stay at Four Seasons and are used to impecable service/food. The price was way inflated because of the holiday so we really felt ripped off.

Pro's: Comfortable beds, nice linens, beautiful room, great location (except for the noisy bars)

Con's: REALLY noisy, terrible breakfast - we went to Imperial cafe after a few days in search of a better breakfast even tho it was included in the rate. Staff was disorganized and not so helpful - especially when it came to restaurant recommendations.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a courtyard room if you're a light sleeper. And, get a room where they hav...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSMTravel91
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us but I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
I apologize for the external diturbancies you experienced which are, unfortunatelly, beyond our control. The hotel is in a lively central location with many bars and restaurants which can sometimes be noisy. I am also sorry to hear that you found our lighting system (which is an integral part of the Buddha-Bar Hotel ambience concept) complex.
Should you plan to return to Prague and would consider giving us a second chance, it will be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague is a fantastic Botique Hotel.
I think it is the best location in town. The Hotel is clean, very relaxing, the rooms are super nice and the design is beutiful and inspaiering.

The Service is one of the Best i have encountered in europe

i recommand the hotel for anyone looking for A Class Quality Vacation in Prague

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be the best in Prague.
Should you have the opportunity to return, please contact me directly so that I may welcome you personally.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you want a top hotel in the perfect location in Prague then this is it.
We spent 4 night at the Buddha-Bar Hotel over Christmas and I could not fault it.
The staff were very attentive from the the reception to the restaurant and the breakfast was lovely,with a choice of menu that leaves nothing out.
The rooms really are something else.From the dimly lit corridor you see the room numbers illuminated in the floor. You enter the room and wow,beautiful bedroom,bathroom and toilet,
The ' tech lights' were explained and easy to use and the rest of the tech is brilliant from the TV in the mirror to the B&O tv in the room.
We were on the fourth floor and it was so quiet you wondered if there was anybody else was there!
The Buddha-Bar restaurant, in the cellar,is superb from the very interesting menu to beautiful decor.
Love this place can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BWWW2014
london
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We had room 47, a corner room on fourth floor. Super King bed was among the best ever. Three quiet nights sleep in luxury. Electric curtains, B&O TV, walk in shower and amazing artisan chocolate on arrival.
Very professional staff. Great breakfast choice and quality.
The low lighting is a bit odd but part of the 'Zen' experience and brings home the 'escaping from the crowds' feeling when you come back. The old square is 5 minutes away through the cobbled courtyard and it is heaving with people as is most of town.
Sushi Buddha restaurant in basement was top class and pretty cool dropping down in your own elevator. Didn't see nightclub (noise) mentioned in previous post?
If I go back to Prague Buddha Hotel will be my first choice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple