“Absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #46 of 670 Hotels in Prague
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have traveled all the world. I have never got a better treatment than this hotel. This hotel is for the people who are enjoying life and being positive. I always sleep here when im in Prague. even if I get my flat in Prague. This service and stuff and the people they never let you down. And the super beautiful design !!!!!!!!! It's extreme. I recommend this hotel to any single person I would not feel a shame to recommend this to Marillyn Monroe - if she was alive she would love it - im sure ;) I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have traveled all over the world and The Buddha Bar hotel was different than any other hotel that we have stayed in. The rooms were spacious, a bit dark (although that added to the ambience) and with lots of technology. There was a giant Buddha in the room and huge Asian influenced tub in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathroom products were high quality L'Occitane and plentiful. One other nice benefit was we were picked up at the airport in an Audi A6 by a driver that met us a baggage claim. What a great way to arrive in a foreign country. Other reviewers raved about the breakfast but we thought it was marginal. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant - Buddha Bar restaurant. The food was excellent but the price was shockingly expensive - more than 2x a sushi meal in the US. Very highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I am especially pleased that you made use of our personal limo service from the airport.
I must agree that the driver can help smooth the arrival in a foreign country, eliminating the stress at the airport and during the transfer to the hotel.
Your faithfully,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is quite just a few hundred meters from Staroměstské náměstí, so you have the charm of central Prague without the chaos.

In our experience the check-in process was swift and efficient (even though the choice of having a lower table instead of a counter means the clients are on the other side of the big apple screen - in terms of welcoming this can be discussed).

Rooms are very nice and cosy, the bed takes most of the space and is very large and comfortable. Free water and extensive mini-bar.

Bathroom is exceptional with very large bathtub and shower. Technological toilet-cum-strategic-point-shower-and dryer is separated from the bathroom.

Decoration is of Asian inspiration, lighting is technological and can be handled correctly only with a degree in engineering and a couple of rehearsals.

Nice breakfast with a reasonable choice of good products.

We also had a nice dinner at the Buddha Bar Restaurant downstairs.

Recommended.

(If you are a runner check the running maps on the website, go alone and early in the morning, you'll grab an exceptional view of a city empty with tourists)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and I am happy to hear that you were undaunted by the technology in the rooms.
Should your travels bring you again to Prague, it will be our honour to welcome you back to the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
Yours faithully,
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our (out of town) taxi driver drove past the entrance twice before we spotted the discreet sign, and I looked at my wife with raised eyebrows.
Any concerns we had fell away as we entered the small but friendly lobby, where we were greeted effusively - as if our mere arrival had completed their day.
The room was out of this world .... enough gadgets and state of the art 'toys' to keep one in the room for the rest of the day . . . . . but we ventured out instead.
Location location location . . . . despite the 'tucked away' natire of the hotel, a mere 5 minute (slow) walk had us in the main square, with all the restaurants and entertainment that is on offer there.
We were booked for 4 nights, but added an extra 3 because we couldn't bear the thought of leaving, and knew that Copenhagen (our next stop) would have to pull out all the stops to try and top this class act. Unfortuantely it couldn't, and didn't.
I'd reccomend this property to anyone who values space, comfort, and exceptional service.
We WILL go back !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am looking forward to the day you return to the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. It will be my pleasure to welcome you personally and maybe convince you to extend your stay once again. :)
Thank you for your review and very kind comments.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family stayed at the Buddah Bar hotel for 4 nights. The experience was great. The rooms had remote control curtains, an elaborate tub with a television, a top-notch sound system, a remote controlled bidet, and a design that made it easy to navigate. The breakfast was amazing and served by an excellent and friendly staff. Every request was honored and the food was fresh and plentiful.

The hotel staff was attentive. The recommendations from the front desk were outstanding. The location was convenient to the historical sites of Prague, I would highly recommend the Budday Bar Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I was glad to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of my colleagues to ensure your comfort. I know we would be happy to do the same for you should you return.
Beedelup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just recently spent 4 nights in this top class hotel. I don't think we have ever stayed in a hotel as gorgeous as this one. Hubby was happy with all the gadgets, surround sound B&O system, remote controlled curtains, dimming lights, tv behind a glass panel by the bath, espresso coffee machine etc etc. I loved the design of the huge rooms, the bed was sooo comfortable and room was quiet. It seemed as fast as you made any mess any where those magic cleaning fairies would have tidied it.
Breakfast was lovely with pretty much everything you may want. We also had an evening meal here in the cafe part, which was cheaper than some of the meals we had elsewhere but also beautiful with extra touches.
The staff were all very friendly, very helpful and were totally focused. The hotel is dark as you walk around but it adds to the ambience.
Really well located for the old town square and very unobtrusive looking on the outside, be prepared for all its beauty as you enter.
For anyone using a taxi from the station, we were ripped off on arriving with the guy showing it would be 700 cz but on departure we had a very posh Mercedes which cost us 180cz. Our fault but we only followed the signs to the taxi area so thought it was ok!
Any one going to this hotel should totally love this place as my husband had only just recently stated that not much seemed to impress me, this hotel certainly did :) oh and lovely slippers to keep too and Occitane bathroom extras.

Dear Guest,
It always gives me a great happiness when a discerning guest such as yourself appreciates the little touches we add to enhance the experience of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague and enjoys thier stay with us.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly should you plan to return to Prague.
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at the Buddah Bar hotel for 4 nights for a vacation. We are big into boutique hotels and have stayed in many over the past 10 years we have been traveling together. To put it simply this was the best boutique hotel we have ever stayed in! Where do I begin? The rooms were beautiful, clean, fun with a super cool atmosphere. The free breakfast was delicious with excellent pastries, fruit, waffles, eggs, breads, cheese and an assortment of delicious spreads. The wait staff was helpful, respectful, attentive and quick.
The hotel staff was the best I have ever encountered at any hotel I have ever stayed in my entire life. They were really in tune with our needs. The main thing that struck me was the staff gave you the impression they would do anything to help you and they were happy to help you. If you are from America like me you will understand this kind of attitude and commitment to your job is hard to find. We also ate dinner one night at the Buddha bar restaurant which was amazing. Super romantic and the food and wine were excellent! It was the best meal we had while staying in Prague.
They made my stay so easy. The staff booked me excellent dinners every night. This was my first time to Prague so they took the time to go over the map with me and show me where everything is. They did this every morning with smiles on their faces. An example of the Buddha Bar and Hotel’s commitment to us was one time we got up super late and were super hung over and we needed to find a café as soon as possible. Honza walked my wife and I about 6 blocks to show us exactly where to eat and get coffee. I think he sensed we disheveled and wanted to make sure we found the right place. Then, my friends came to our hotel looking for us about 10 minutes after he dropped us off and Honza walked 2 of my friends to our location. Unbelievable! Honzas level of commitment to our happiness was great but I felt like any member of the staff would have done that for us.
Another highlight was the hotel booked my wife and I on a private tour of Prague. Meaning we had our own personal tour guide for a day. I had a particular company in mind that was recommended to me by a friend – I told the concierge the company I wanted to use – the time I wanted the tour guide to meet us at our hotel and they took care of it for me.
This is a little off topic but I highly recommend a personal tour guide. Ours was amazing in every way! She showed us everything we could see in a day. She was knowledgeable and super fun. She taught us so much about Prague history and culture. We could ask her anything we wanted and she knew it all. My wife and I hugged her goodbye and we felt like made a friend that day. Her name was Blanka Lukes and her email is praguepg@aol.com her company’s website is www.praguepg.com and her phone number is 420 604 729 451.
Anyway I recommend this hotel and restaurant to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Rodney R
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I am delighted that our staff team made your visit to Prague unforgettable.
Should you return to our beautiful city, it would be my pleasure to welcome you back personally.