“zen retreat in heart of old city”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #53 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 31, 2013

we arrived late after numerous flight delays, but the staff already had late dinner ideas. Very quiet room less than five minutes from the square, close to shopping and dining.

top rate staff and facilities. can't recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: street side is best; not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your short yet very complimentary review with a to-the-point title.

Should you be travelling back to Prague, please feel free to contact me so that I may welcome you personally to the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.

There are newer reviews for Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Location is fanstic (right near Old Town Square). The rooms are beautifully appointed to every detail (B&O TV, bathtub tv hidden in the mirror, remote controlled bidet, Nespresso, remote controlled shades/curtains, basicallt everything you would expect from a high end luxury hotel). The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. Maid service twice a day. Nightly turn down includes chocolates (the good stuff). Breakfast was adequate with hot selections made to order and a cold buffet spread. Service was fantastic. I had to print and email scanned copy to the U.S. and this was done in 5 minutes: emailed contract to reception, they delivered the printed copy to my room, waited for my signature, went back down to scan it and emailed it back to me. We even sent laundry to be done in the hotel and that was also quick and efficient (asked for normal service, which was supposed to come back the next day, and it was delivered same day in the evening). The only one thing that was somewhat lacking was the fact that there is no gym on site. Hotel guests have complimentary use of a gym about 200 meters from the hotel. Other than this, the hotel is almost perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and the detailed description of our facilities.

I am happy to hear that, despite the lack of a gym on the premises, you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.

I hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel, the staff and management were all excellent, nothing was too much for them and gave excellent advise for timers to Prague and trip around Czech Republic. Our stay was like 'home away from home', excellent

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for complimenting our hotel and staff.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
Should you return, please feel free to contact me so that I may welcome you personally.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was there in Prague last month. I was travelling for the first time to Prague and I had a lot of expectations after reading about this hotel. I was not disappointed at all in all counts. I made my reservations directly by calling the hotel and sent them an email. They responded immediately and gave me the rates and helped me select a good suite for myself. This was also the first time I was travelling to Europe and I was warned that the hospitality industry cant be compared to the Asian hospitality industry. I would say that this hotel put all that doubt to rest.

This hotel is in the heart of the old town. It is on a corner of 2 streets and its just lovely. The hotel has the old rustic charm of the buildings that are there all over in this side of the town. I reached there well before my arrival time and I was warmly welcomed by the staff. I was not made to wait and they immediately gave me a corner suite that I had booked. The room was awesome. It was spacious and had a separate place for the bags a nice clock room and a separate bedroom with a lovely bath and a separate toilet.

The room as all the gadgets that one can imagine of. A lovely B&O flat screen TV, free wi-fi for the entire stay, Cisco telephone systems and the bath has a lovely tub over looking the street and also a small TV bang opposite to the tub. The bed was really soft and nice and gave me the best sleep for my entire stay. The turn down service every night was nice with the report card of the weather for the next day along with home made chocolates. The room was made up everyday before lunch on time. The breakfast was fresh and yes I cant say that they had great Varity. But its a boutique hotel so I really don't think you can expect the spread like what you will get at the inter continental. No complains. What ever they had was nice and fresh.

The staff were really great and were always ready to help with a smile. They fixed me with a personal tour guide on very short notice to see the Castle. They did every thing to help me and took care of the smallest needs. In all I will say that the stay was really pleasant and I will be back here for sure next time. Would strongly recommend this hotel for any one who loves quality and good service. Being in the centre of old town also makes life easy for you to walk to all the tourist attractions.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the corner rooms and the corner suites, the view of the street is lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Panneerselvam K

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your glowing review of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I am happy that you found the hotel "the place to stay while in Prague" and would welcome the opportunity of having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a great spot and the second you arrive you know you are somewhere out of the ordinary. Small boutique hotel with a quirky feel to it built around the Buddha theme. Most importantly, it is extremely comfortable with all the amenities. Lot's of add-ons such as aTV in the bathroom mirror, nice turndown service, high end cosmetics etc. Extremely quiet room and an excellent bed. Nice spa if you're into that (but we preferred sitting in old town square, two minutes away drinking beer)
Restaurant serving the included breakfast is also extremely good. The location couldn't be more convenient. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague and appreciated all we have to offer. It seems that you had a great time in our city!

Should you return to Prague, please feel free to contact me so that I may welcome you back personally.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just got back from staying several nights at the BBHP.... really had a great time. Rooms are spacious, chic and comfortable; the staff is helpful and breakfast each morning was great.
Could not recommend it more highly... really one of the most interesting and exciting places I have stayed in many years.

Room Tip: I think rooms facing away from street may (theoretically) be more quiet... we were on the third floo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to learn that you consider the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague to be one of the most exciting places you have visited.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Buddha Hotel experience harkens back to a time when travel was glamorous and hotels catered to guests with small touches of elegance. Today, that's called the WOW factor.
Location: Perfectly placed on the edge of the Old Town's pedestrian zone and minutes away from the city's more modern commercial shopping zone of Na Prikopi street.
Staff: For the most part, excellent! Reception desk, house cleaning, porters and breakfast staff couldn't have been nicer or more attentive.
Room: Luxurious and Comfortable. Large room and bathroom by European standards with attractive themed decor.
Other Services: Welcome included a complimentary drink. Nightly turn down service with chocolates, orchid and weather update. Breakfast was substantial and staff very accommodating.
We found the hotel a great oasis that made our stay in Prague more special and exciting.

Room Tip: Don't expect rooms with views, but that's okay. You won't be looking out the window at...
1  Thank Arkybergy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your concise yet favourable review.
We are always delighted when a discerning guest compliments our services and facilities as we aim to please.
Should you return to Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, it would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.