“Buddha-Bar Hotel is really excellent”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #50 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Leusden, The Netherlands
“Buddha-Bar Hotel is really excellent”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in Prague mid March and the weather was still cold. However in our hotel we only felt warmth and kindness. Decoration and furniture in an outstanding quality, services more than perfect with thanks to the lovely staff. Breakfast was every morning like a party, served with a smile. Wherever you walk in the hotel, always softly with the famous fantastic Buddha-Bar music. It seems as we were on an other planet with only peace around. Location also wonderful, near the Old Square and in the Old City.
The city Prague was nice but not for a second time to visit. However the Buddha-Bar hotel made everything just perfect. It's a pity we don't have such a hotel in Amsterdam, we would go as often as we could.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Han1608
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your warm review :).
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague and found our level of service to be "more than perfect".
Should you miss us, please, fell free to return (Prague-Amsterdam is not a long journey... :)), I will be honered to welcome you back.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had booked this hotel for my husband and I during the Hervis Half Marathon that was taking place the same week end. Since it's extremely central and a short 5 mins walk from the start and finish of the race I thought this place would be perfect location wise (that said all the good hotels are within a 3 mile radius of each other). Our reservation (booked from the site, called the gateway package) included a limo pick up from the airport, breakfast and some refreshments. Having heard about the bar we thought it would be interesting to stay in such a place. It did not disappoint in any way. Far exceeded our expectations. When we checked in, we informed the front desk that our luggage was delayed - they immediately asked us for the papers and informed us that they would take care of everything onward. So lovely. Then they proceeded to bring us to our room and inform us of all the facilities and services - facilities didn't include a lot, a spa in which you had to reserve a week in advance since it fills up quickly. Plus the gym is not located in the hotel itself - which didn't really matter for us since we were there to run outside.
The rooms itself are large and spacious, plus the toilets are separated which is a huge bonus. The bathroom itself is beautiful, large bathtub and good sized shower with great water pressure. The rooms are a little dark, but I presume this is part of the decor, bedding is great, and the room staff clean up twice a day, in the mornings and before you go to bed, they even fold your clothing! The day of the race we had a maid knock on our door and provide us with some fitness nutrition, two sets, one of myself and the other for my husband. A wonderful touch, I was truly impressed. Breakfast was perfect. Everything is included, coffees, fresh orange juice, eggs etc... We've been to many, many places where we always end up paying extra for espresso or juices.
We never ate at the restaurant, but did visit the bar in the basement - very much enjoyed the music, drinks and service was perfect. However be warned that smoking is still very much permitted in public spaces, as such it got smoky very quickly. Perfect stay all around, great service and wonderful rooms. Highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eliane_22
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and I am glad we exceeded your expectations at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
Personally, I am happy that a number of half marathon runners chose our hotel as their base as I myself participated in this sports event.
I sincerely hope that the delay of your luggage did not spoil your time in Prague and you will return soon.

Hotel Direcor
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at the Buddha Bar Hotel a few weekends ago. The hotel was a perfect base for our first visit to Prague.

We booked a Prague Getaway Package through the hotels own website which included a one-way airport transfer in an Audi A4, accommodation in a superior room, breakfast, a welcome drink on arrival and free wi-fi. No prepayment was required for the room and we considered it to be good value for such a great hotel.

The location was ideal for us. In the old town but on a quieter street which means you get the benefit of the location without the noise that you would undoubtedly experience if you stayed in some of the hotels in the old town. The rooms have 2 sets of double glazed windows which helps keep out any noise as well. The hotel is also located within a few minutes of some well rated restaurants on TA.

We stayed in a superior room which is the standard room of the 3 room types which at 35 sq meters is certainly not small. We were also fortunate to stay in a corner room which meant the room also felt even more spacious. The room had a separate bedroom, bathroom and toilet area which meant it felt like a junior suite rather than a standard bedroom. The bathroom was beautifully appointed with a separate free standing bath and walk in monsoon shower. The bath was a blessing after a long day’s sightseeing on foot; it was great to relax in the bath with the TV behind the mirror. The main part of the room includes a Bang & Olufsen TV which was great but would have been better if there was a wider selection of TV channels, including music TV channels that worked. The entertainment options include a selection of Bhudda Bar music which isn’t to everyone’s taste. You can play your own iPod through the TV if you have the necessary connection lead, so perhaps the hotel could invest in a few of those for guests. I am nit-picking here as the room itself was superb.

Breakfast in Siddharta café was excellent with breakfast available from 7am-11am if I remember correctly, which caters for those who want a lie in after the previous days sightseeing or if you need an early start. The continental selection was of a good standard and was sufficient in its own right. The al carte options are made to order with light options such as scrambled eggs or a full cooked breakfast which was far nicer and less heavy than your average cooked breakfast. We didn’t get a chance to eat at Siddharta café or the Bhudda Bar Restaurant, but did enjoy a couple of pricier drinks in the bar one evening as an alternative from finishing the evening in one of the nearby old town bars / pubs. The bar can get smoky and again the music won’t be to everyone’s liking, but the drinks are of a good standard.

Overall, we had a fabulous stay in Bhudda Bar Hotel and would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a more upscale, central base for their stay in Prague.

1 Thank Laineylop
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It always gives us great pleasure to learn that we have satisfied a discerning traveller.

Booking the Prague Getaway Package directly through the hotel website brings the advantage of a complimentary transfer from the airport.

Should you have the opportunity to return, please feel free to contact me so that I can offer you a special welcome.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had booked a romantic get away package stay for 3 nights and got a free upgrade to the buddha bar suite. one of the most amazing suites we stayed in with a jacuzzi, amazing furniture and state of the art technical equipment. room service and housekeeping was outstanding and we felt like on a honeymoon- always fresh orchids, chocolates, small cakes and personalized weather updates for the coming days.
we had 2 spa treatments and booked the couple spa suite with our own jacuzzi and steambath- absolutely amazing. the only minus point is that massages cant be offered for 2 people at the same time- its one after the other, however the 2nd person can enjoy the jacuzzi or steam meanwhile. we had a 3 course wine tasting menu booked in Siddartha Cafe and the food and service was perfect. Loved the breakfast which is not just another buffet-but all hot items are to be orderd ala carte which makes it cosy, fresh and upscale. perfect hotel and we surely will be back!

Room Tip: Buddha Bar suite was outstanding!
1 Thank Lmimosa14
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Romantic and city getaway packages are popular choices for Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague guests.

Please feel free to contact me when retruning to Prague so that I can arrange a special welcome for you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Whilst the service and atmosphere are OK the prices are high and the food is average. 2 main courses, 2 desserts, 2 glasses champagne nd 4 glasses of average wine was over CZK3,200. The restaurant is also dark which makes seeing bone iish difficult! So called Taramasu certainly was not related to a Italian variety I've tried.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Siddharta Café at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague and for posting a review.
I am sorry to read that your experience was not totally satisfactory.

With regards to the evening light settings, we adhere to the concept which is decreed by the franchisor in order to create a special atmosphere.

The special recipe Raspberry Tiramisu is one of our best selling items and clients regularly return to indulge themselves with this dessert. I regret that this variation did not tickle your taste buds.

As far as our pricing structure is concerned, we are very competitive for a trendy restaurant in the centre of Prague. A glass of champagne is 14 EUR, a bottle of wine 28 - 120 EUR, main fish or meat course 14 - 21 EUR, dessert 4,5 - 8 EUR (incl. 21 % VAT).

Should you return to the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, please feel free to contact me directly. I will be happy to offer you a welcome drink and a complimentary dessert.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just a wonderful hotel from every point of view. Never knew there could be something of that fusion style right in the heart of good old Prague! No words to describe that Chinese-style design and comfort, it is simply an experience you should try.
Downstairs there is a restaurant that should not be missed, too. Giant Buddha statue in the middle of the room (wonder how they could get it here!), dimmed light, relaxing Buddha-Bar-style music and delicious food. On the table next to ours at dinner, I've seen famous Italian actress Ornella Muti, but I think she's not included into the hotel amenities :)
In general, guys, just try it.. You will not regret a single moment or a single dollar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review, it always gives us great pleasure to meet the expectations of a discerning guest.

Yes, Ornella Muti could have been the charming lady at the next table :). We are a popular hotel with a number of celebrities.

Should you return, please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to welcome you personally and to reveal the story of the Giant Buddha.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husband, for an Anniversary treat, and it did not disappoint. We had a friendly welcome by the doorman, lovely guy, and the staff in reception, who welcomed us and were expecting us. They then took us to room and explained the high tech remotes, thoroughly. The room has the Buddha bar music softly playing out of the TV. We had a great room on the second floor, the bed is huge and so comfortable. They room is decorated to a high standard. It is totally romantic, the huge bath is great for two, and the massive shower head in shower Fabulous. There is also a double sink. It is all perfect. My husband loved the complimentary Nespresso machine, and 2 mini bar fridges. There is fresh orchids all over the room, on the bed bath, shower floor, and desk, just beautiful. The Ocitane toiletries, and a nice touch. There was a nightly turn down service, with fresh orchids and chocolates, yum. We had the romantic getaway package, which includes a 1 hour massage each, and private use of the spa,jacuzzi and steam room for 3 hours, together with champagne and strawberries, if your here for a romantic escape, this is definitely a must! The breakfast far exceeded our expectation, I had the freshly made pancakes and strawberries, and side of bacon, I was more than happy. My husband had the eggs Benedict, equally as good. There is also a buffet, which you also help yourself to, fresh juice was good too. The hotel is ideally located, close to the old town, and shopping district, if that is your thing. Unfortunately our experience in the restaurant was not at all good, I ordered the Thai prawns and basil sauce, which was so dripping in fat, deep fried, they seemed to be covered in shredded wheat, it made me feel so ill and I had to cancel my main course. Even when we told the waiter he just smiled, but did not offer to do anything. We thought we give the restaurant another chance a few days later, but the service was once again poor, the girl on front desk, was miserable, and didn't seem to want to work, but just look pretty, behind her bar, We had the Tuna starter which was fab, but my main course of monk fish curry, was over cooked and one small lump of fish, my husbands noodles, were so salty he could not eat them, and the duck he ordered was so tough, he could not eat it, it was a real shame, as the hotel is great, we did ask to see the restaurant manager, who removed the duck and noodle dish from the bill, and gave my husband a free drink, but I'm not sure we would use the restaurant again. The hotel on the other hand is totally 5* and I have stayed at a lot of different hotels, all over the old, I would definitely go back o this one. You will love it!! We used Prague airport transfers, which were there, waiting in the airport when we arrived, and promptly turned up on our return. But an absolute must, is Keith from Free Castle tours, you will find him at the Astronomical clock, at 11.00am/2pm daily, with 2 green umbrellas, he made our 1st trip to Prague informative and fun, we feel we learnt so much from his tours and would encourage all to use him. he does not charge, but donations at the end of the tour are welcome.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague for your "romantic getaway".

I am happy to learn that the service and amenities of our hotel exceeded your expectations,
I apologize for any disappointment in the Buddha-Bar restaurant. Although we do not manage the restaurant directly, I will pass on your comments to the chef and its management.

Should you return to Prague, feel free to contact me personally, so that I may make your stay even more romantic.