“Very trendy & very good overall”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #45 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our first stay at a Buddha Bar Hotel and I must say that overall this was an excellent hotel. From our initial booking, the gracious and professional service upon check-in, room service, breakfast service and housekeeping were as good as I have experienced anywhere. The cost per night was justified by the excellent service. The contemporary rooms are of a good size for European hotels and the furnishings, equipment/gadgetry, bathroom amenities, housekeeping were excellent.
The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring this magical city - close to everything you will need including restaurants, bars, tour pickups, the old town etc.
We dined at the Buddha Bar restaurant and found the food to be better than we expected from reading previous reviews. Uber trendy, good tasteful dishes with an Asian influence, good wine selection. The only suggestion I would make is that some our party and what I noticed on other tables is the inability of some people to read the menu in the dark mysterious surroundings. They should have menus with lights or supply torches (it really is that dark), not everyone will bring out their iPhone etc to dinner so they can you the light.
Some people may find the corridors and rooms to be a little dark, but for us we found this exciting, sexy and very trendy.
The reason I cannot give this five stars is because of the SPA. My experience felt rushed, expensive, and lack lustre overall. I didn't come out invigorated or relaxed. The SPA is simply one room with only one therapist who does the whole hotel. She seemed tired, a little fed up and my wife’s friend said the same thing as she had appointment straight after me. They need more staff here and a few more facilities and then overall this would be one of the best hotels in Europe. We also stayed at the Buddha Bar is Budapest and this is far better, so my suggestion is go but use a spa outside the hotel, everything else is first class.
Ps. Our room did not have a seperate shower and when we used the bath to shower the water flooded the area. If you go ask for a room with a separate shower.
Pss. Also the room temperature was extremely hot and the only way to cool it down was to open the windows to get a balance. I know many people have mentioned this so if travelling in the cold winter months you must keep this mind.

Room Tip: You need a room that has a seperate shower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an expansive review of your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I am delighted to hear that, overall, you enjoyed our trendy hotel.
We appreciate your valuable suggestions and are making efforts to improve the areas which you mentioned so that, when welcoming you back, you can expect an even better experience.

Hotel Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have never written a review in the 20 years or so traveling around the world, but the Buddha Bar Hotel experience has forced me into doing it, one of the most amazing experiences my wife and I have ever had, if you like these words: Trendy, Jetsetter, Asian Fusion, Decor, Location, Ultra Lounge, Service, Non-traditional, then stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the quiet main street are a bit roomier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rgabeiras
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a complimentary review, expecially in view of the fact that you have never written one before.
It gives us great pleasure to learn when our guests enjoy a unique experience with us.
We would be delighted to welcome you back whenever you next visit Prague.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wow, where to begin. We travel quite a bit and normally there is some feeling of stress or tension. This trip - forget the stress. When you walk into the foyer you feel any lingering stress just vanish. No car needed, everything in walking distance or cabs easily on hand; if needed. The service in the hotel was impeccable. The rooms were gracious and extremely comfortable. The Sub-Zero minibars (yes, one refrig and one freezer that were actually cold) were over-the-top! Mirror TV with surround sound was a nice touch in the morning. The Thai massage was amazing and the hammam before was a great way to relax. The layout of the spa was the biggest hiccup, but I would definitely stay here again AND go for spa treatments.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank goonthefly
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and I am glad to hear that you left your stress at home and found your stay with us at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague to be very relaxing.
Your acknowledgement of the high quality of services and amenities is greatly appreciated.
As for the layout of our Spa Suite - the truth is that it was designed as an addition using the limited space available. Despite its compact dimensions, the therapists are provided by the most reputable massage centre in Prague.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have to firstly point out that I am a particularly fussy traveller with very high standards and seldom find myself staying in a hotel room that doesn't give me cause to complain. However Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague was simply awesome, the staff, the seamless check-in, the complimentary arrival drink, the hi-tech kit in the room and yet still incredibly luxurious, the delightful chocolates at turn down - not to mention the huge bath tub and gorgeous amenities (oh and just about the biggest 'mini' bar I've ever come across). All in all an amazing hotel in a great location. Whilst not for every pocket, if you can afford, you must stay here!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank toontyme

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague on Tripadvisor.
We are always delighted to hear that we have exceeded the expactations of a discerning traveller.
Our rates reflect not only our 5-star standards, but also seasonal demand. Guests visiting Prague during off-peak periods can consequently enjoy the same high quality at even greater value.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We spent 2 nights here end of November. It is literally a 3 minute walk to the old square, perfect location. Really great room, wonderfully comfy bed, aqua tv in bathroom, L'Occitane products. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very good and we had dinner in the buddha restaurant, which was delicious. We both had a lovely massage in the spa, perfect for unwinding.
Negatives - The bar service on our 2nd night was painfully slow as there was a large group and only 1 waitress to serve on everyone. My husband had contacted the hotel a couple of weeks beforehand to inform them that it was my 50th birthday. They said that they would accommodate us in a higher room and flowers on arrival, neither happened. Lastly was on our 2nd morning there was no hot water, showering in cold water was not fun and the desk staff as we were checking out just said yes, we have a problem at the moment.
So a really nice and well located hotel, but with a few hiccups.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your frank review and still generous rating.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me directly when coming back to Prague. I will be happy to take care of your reservation and personally ensure you enjoy the very best care we can offer.

Yours faithully,

Reviewed December 22, 2012

THE GOOD:
The design of this hotel is amazing, you immediately feel peace. Everything feels high-end, perfectly chosen and you just relax. An amazing sanctuary right of chaotic Prague.
Great amenities, with great tea, coffee, and toiletries, you won't even want to take your own toiletries out, there's no need.
The service is extremely good, without being over intrusive.
They bring you a little snack every night, and it was delicious.
The restaurant is also a great stop, servicing surprisingly good food.
The location is very good, nearby the famous clock, the train station and a tram stop.

THE BAD:
Nothing really, if you have to complain, I would say, the light system is a little odd, one if those that is hard to figure out... But really, it didn't bother us.

THE UGLY:
Nothing in the hotel, just the building across had graffiti and looked shady... But we don't thinks it's any problem at all for the hotel.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Rates fluctuate, if you can afford it, book it! I wouldn't look anywhere else for a hotel in Prague if we were going back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globetracks

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, the title of which brought a smile to my face.
You may be interested to know that one project we have this year is to simplify the lighting system. This is in direct response to feedback we have received similar to yours.
Please feel free to contact me directly when returning to Prague so that I can maximize the value of your stay with us.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great location in the heart of the city (old town) its just two minutes away from old town square, easy access to major attractions, lots of cafes & restaurants and bars in the area, huge Buddha bar style rooms, hotel thyme is great, price is a bit expensive though,

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your concise yet favourable review.
Please feel free to contact me directly when coming back to Prague so that we could offer you a special "returning guest" rate.