“Super sexy! Super fabulous!”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #47 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed just 3 nights in this hotel and it was bliss. The bed was divine and we did not want to get out to see the city for a single moment we stayed.But when we did venture out we soon wanted to get back to our city haven. This was the sexiest get away I have ever had! The bar was also super cool! The only thing we could fault here was a breakfast that was boring and not at the standard of a hotel in this class. Will be back for another little honeymoon here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed September 7, 2011

This hotel is simply marvelous. I loved the dim lights and calm surroundings. The staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and spoke fluent English. They arranged great tours and catered to my every need.

The room was superbly comfy. There is a pillow menu if you don't like the standard issues on the bed. The bed was fabulous. The tub is huge and offers a view of a hidden TV behind the mirror. Only a few English stations (news) so I opted for the tranquil music instead. Plush towels. The robes looked slightly worn. I believe they use L'Occitane bath products.

The A/C in room 28 worked well and kept the room super cool with the door to the foyer closed. Slight traffic noise but was quiet with the double windows closed. With the heavy drapes closed and the phone in the drawer, the room was pitch black, so my slumber was wonderful!!!

They offered me a tasty elderflower cocktail as a welcome drink. The have great turn down service with an amuse bouche (such as an egg roll, pastry) and 2 boxed chocolates (dark & milk). Beautiful orchid petals decorate the room.

Of note, I asked the hotel to send a car to the train station to pick me up. They sent the car but the driver said he never saw me. The email I received siad the driver would meet me in the 'great hall." If you try to arrange for a car, I would recommend that you name a more specific meeting place. The main train station is surprisingly big and busy. I would recommend that the driver meet you at an easy-to-find spot such as the Burger King or ATM or one of the shops. "Great hall" is too big to be able to connect wiht one another. The hotel originally said that I would have to pay for the driver anyway, but after I explained the situaion, they were able to resolve the issue with the car company and I was not charged. Obviously, the mix up was NOT the fault of the hotel. I just thought I'd mention it to future travelers.

Room Tip: Room 28 was spot-on perfect. Not big, but super cool, quiet and comfy!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. Great red color romantic hotel. Good hitec features in the room. Friendly staff.
Had a great time in prague staying in Buddha Bar Hotel.
Strongly recommend this.!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

After reading the amazing reviews on trip advisor our expectations of the hotel were beyond high, when we arrived we were not disappointed!

We had arranged to use the hotels transfer service both to and from the airport, so on our arrival in Prague the driver was waiting for us, he was extremely friendly and the Audi he picked us up in was lush.

The hotel itself was simply amazing, the staff were polite, approachable and genuinely very nice. They even let us stay in our room for several hours after check-out time allowing us to watch the royal wedding before our flight home, something most hotels would just love to charge you extra for!

Buddha-Bar hotel was relaxed, luxurious and unlike many 5 star hotels lacked the pretentious atmosphere that often ruins other very good hotels.

The room can only be described as a small apartment with a reception area, bathroom and bedroom. The king size bed is the most comfortable bed in the world! Everything in the room is remote control, from the curtains right through to the toilet!! Free WiFi and huge TV complete with Buddha-Bar music really made staying in the room enjoyable. Also power socket in the safe.... Genius!!

The bathroom was beautiful with a powerful rainfall shower-head, massive bathtub with a television sunk into the mirror at one end. The L'occitane toiletries were a lovely touch.

We did get chance to use the hotels steam room, which I would recommend. Also we used room service on several occasions which was delicious (also very fast and friendly service) The cocktails in the bar were some of the best I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend the bar if you are looking for somewhere romantic for drinks.

Only few points I'd mention if you are booking this hotel are, take your own bubble-bath! Also if you enjoy watching films in your hotel (something I personally wouldn't do on holiday but I know some people do) I remember the films were reeeeaaaaally expensive to watch on the TV also there aren't many English channels available to watch. Don't let these things put you off staying here though.

Overall the service in the hotel really made the holiday special, the personal touches such as making sure we had umbrellas in the rain, the turn-down every night including chocolates, weather reports and a hand written personalised welcome to the hotel on the first night made the hotel a pleasure to stay in.

When I return to Prague I will definitely be returning to this hotel. If you're planning a visit to Prague book Buddha-Bar Hotel you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed in Buddha Bar only one night, for business. I arrived with no special expectations, and I was amazed to discover a unique, beautiful, one-of-a-kind hotel that truly adds a new dimension to Prague's hospitality (I know the city extremely well).
Rooms and bathrooms were generously spacious, the design truly original, sort of Asia inspired but with extra class. I adored the bathroom, with round bathtub in the middle, gorgeous mosaic decoration, and flat screen TV.
The bedroom was just perfect, bed itself majestic to say the least, and overall the decor, with sculpture, vases, and paintings and so on, thought-out to the least detail.
The staff was lovely and helpful, the common spaces perhaps not 100% up to par with the rooms, but very lively and fun: the bar/restaurant were quite busy.
I have not had any meals in the hotel, so I cannot comment on that aspect.
The location is very central, convenient for anything and everything.
This is a MUST for both business and leisure travel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Giallo_Rossa_Roma
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was our first stay at a Buddha-Bar - a somewhat unassuming exterior and lobby, but once inside everything exceeded our expectations - and we have travelled a lot. From the elevator on, to the hallways and room it were truly spectacular. Rooms were outstanding - an experience to add to your vacation. They spent a LOT of money focussed on the rooms... From technology - (throughout room audio, Bang and Olfsun TV entertainment, top notch interior design and finishing. There was a remote for the toilet! (wash & dry cycle!) Remote controlled blinds, free Nespresso machine - Beds were very comfortble, room was a nice size and very quiet - never heard other guests. Very romantic and an experience all by itself. The included breakfasts were over the top - service very good. Most people spoke english. Can't say enough good things. We spent 4 nights in Paris, then London after Prague, and nothing came even close to the Buddha-Bar!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel room is decorated as pictured in the website's photos. Overall room size was extremely spacious. The decor is very sexy and romantic, so I would recommend the room for couples, not families. As other reviewers mentioned, the lighting is on the dim side, but this is part of the room's atmosphere. It took quite a bit of time to figure out how all the lighting worked. The tv was also on the overly complicated side. The bed (mattress, blankets, and pillows) were very comfortable. Shower temperature and water were good. Nice complementary toiletries and a bottle of water were provided daily. Free wi-fi was available in the room. Overall, we were very pleased with our room and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne1223
DirectorBuddhaHotel, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Anne,

thank you for taking your time and sharing the feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read your positive review from your recent (I believe romantic) stay with us and happy to hear that you "won the battle" with our technical equipment. :)
Along with my team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you or your friends in the near future.

Sincelrely,