“Amazing food”

Ranked #172 of 5,468 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Our restaurant is characterised by the quality of its Italian and international food, taking care to use the best Italian products. We offer a wide range of quality wines from various regions of Italy on our wine list.Our pizzas use typical Neapolitan dough prepared from select Italian flour, fresh mozzarella and conserved Neapolitan tomatoes, our pasta is cooked 'al dente', and our vegetables, meat and fish are always fresh and of the highest quality. In preparing our food, we only use extra virgin olive oil in accordance with Italian tradition.
Limassol
“Amazing food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

One of the best Italian Restaurants i have ever been in my life.
The food was amazing i had the truffle tortellini it was amazing. The Tiramisu was from another planet. Its was fantastic. The people were friendly and the service was really good.
The prices were relatively low for what you get. We paid 120 euro for 6 three course meals including drinks..etc. Great value for money highly recommended.

1 Thank Petros T

• Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We selected this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We walked about 20 minutes and passed several other pizzerias before arriving at our destination.
Giovanni was good but it was not out of this world good. The pizza was okay but if this restaurant
was in my home town, it wouldn't cause me to stop going to my regular hang outs. We also had the Mista salad which was soggy and I'm sure wasn't even up to Giovanni's standards.
The atmosphere was terrific....it was lively and fun but the service was also slow. Despite being slow, the waitress was really nice and friendly.
If I was in the neighbourhood, I might try it but I wouldn't go out of my way.
Having said all of that, the beer was good and cold and the price was right.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this place and what a find. The restaurant is so cute. The food was fabulous. Pizza, and Pasta were impressive. The staff were fantasic as well. I had the best Tiramisu I have ever eaten. I like to consider myself a foodie since I am very close to NYC and love desserts!!! What a great surprise in Prague.

Malmo, Sweden
“Amazingly delicious for a good price”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is truly remarkable, you find this spot 1minute away from the busy old town square and you expect the prices to reflect their location, wrong.

Perhaps you expect a more touristy approach on their menu? Wrong again!

If you eat here, which you should, go for gold and try their pizza which won the gold medal, cannot recall the name of it but it had white truffle oil, bresaola and ruccola. Truly worth the little extra cost.
They also had nice Staropramen on tap, of which I tried both light and dark.

If you are hungry and near old town square, go eat here, eat at the alley-entrace though so you are away from the busier walking street for a much more romantic atmosphere.

1 Thank Tommy742
Mirko M, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni Pizzeria Ristorante, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Tommy742,

Thank you very much for nice words. We really appreciate any feedback from our customers. Positive one, like yours makes us feel good after all efforts we made to serve tasty food and provide good service.

The award winning pizza you mentioned is Fantasia.

Once again, thank you very much for nice words. We hope to see you again in our restaurant if you ever come back to Prague. I hope you enjoyed your stay here.

Kind regards,
Mirko Marović.
San Jose, California
“very good food, small cozy place off the main street”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

wOw, found this acidently in a small ally off a larger street, (visible from the larger street) walked by the first time, thought it was only pizza.....wrong......ate a delisious meal, w/ very good wine and by a wonderful server. This was a pleasant surprise.