“Don't recommend”

Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Budapest, Hungary
“Don't recommend”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Probably our worst experience in an otherwise fantastic city. Everything that the others have written about this place is true: the overpricing of just average food and beers, the unexpected items on the bill and the rude treatment at the end.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nbcee

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
“AWFUL! DO NOT EAT HERE!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I wish I had internet access to read these reviews before I stopped here. What seemed to be a charming restaurant located on the stairs leading from Castle down to the Lesser Quarter was a total rip-off and dishonest establishment. It was by far my worst dining experience ever! McDonald's would have provided better quality food and service. They added food to your bill that wasn't ordered and which you were subsequently charged for. When I asked about it - I was given the repsonse "but it is like this everywhere in town" - a total lie. DO NOT EAT here!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank aiyiyi
Berlin, Germany
“Total rip-off”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

A rip-off. The prices are not shown unless you ask for the menu with those written with... pencil. Prices are 1,5 x what you'd pay in Germany. Avoid and spread the word.

2 Thank Geogaga
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Terrible!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is very sad that places like this sometimes ruin your vacation. I tried to find a site where to make a complaint about this institution, but could not find one. If anybody knows it, please post it, as I would like to at least prevent future disappointments.
This place is absolutely ridiculous!!! You get charges for thing that were not ordered, chips, bread, table fees, etc....The food wasn't fresh nor good. When I tried talking to the owner/manager, who was very insulting and rude, I was practically laughed and screamed at, and when I refused to pay for things that were not ordered, they threatened to call the police. To make things worse, later that night I got sick, I was noxious and threw up all night, and could not eat anything for the next few days.
Beautiful country, beautiful city, and to have it ruined by someone like this??? I would really like someone in the Czech Republic to look into this.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lena S
Landstuhl, Germany
“Dessert honey cake ok”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We only had coffee (bitter); hot chocolate and crepes, apple cake (too much whipped cream and soggy), honey cake - which we liked. Soggy potato chips on the table when we walked in. The weather was definitely worse than the food.