I travel quite often, and am always looking for great hotels. I feel most comfortable in places that have a modern vibe, and that are not overly stuffy or formal. I appreciate good design in hotels, but what comes first is great service. I found great service at Barceló Old Town Hotel. My trip to Prague was a celebration of my birthday, and I must say the staff and management team made sure everything was perfect. They arranged transportation to and from the airport - at a fair price, and upon my arrival surprised me with cake and champagne for my celebration. My room was a Junior Suite. It was on two levels and had a townhouse feel to it. The space was functional and comfortable. Even though the hotel is located on one of the main streets in Old Town it was very quiet, and I was able to sleep peacefully every evening. I really liked the high ceilings and skylights in the room. There was a remote control to open and close blinds on the skylights so you could darken the room even in the middle of the day. The bathroom was well appointed, modern and ample toiletries were provided. I had breakfast each morning in the hotel. There was a wide selection of offerings to please most tastes and preferences. The gentleman running the breakfast service does a great job in seeing that every guest is taken care of, and he does this with a smile. There is a young man making omelettes cooked to order, and he does an amazing job- always perfect! This was a great way to start the day. My choice of this hotel was first based on its location. It is within walking distance to all of the major sites in Prague -only a few blocks to the town square, and about 20 minutes to the castle. I spent a week at the hotel and I believe I saw all major sites, without the need for any transportation. When I come back to Prague I will be staying at Barceló Old Town again. I felt very much at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Barcelo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague