The location of this hotel is great but the hotel itself is very average and not particularly smart. The rooms are very spacious but the air conditioning units are behind the floor length curtains which makes them less effective than they could be. Also, the shower wasn't very efficient and however hard we tried to prevent it water always escaped onto the bathroom floor. The breakfast was included in the price of the room and was pretty good, with plenty of choice and we dined in the restaurant on our first evening and had a really nice meal. The staff were friendly and helpful but I can't really find much to recommend about Barcelo Old Town Praha and wouldn't want to stay there again. My review may be a little harsh but, having stayed at the Palazzo Zichy in Budapest for 6 nights prior to our stay in Prague, there was just no comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague