This hotel lived up to its excellent reviews. It is a lovely old building in an excellent location, just a short walk from the Old Town Square. We loved everything about it, The room - a junior suite on the second floor - was very large, very comfortable and exceptionally quiet. The bathroom was very classy, although a bath would have been nice. The free wifi worked very well and there was a good selection of TV channels. The breakfast was high quality with eggs, pancakes and omelettes cooked to order by a very friendly chef.
Prague is a fabulous city and - contrary to what I have read - it has not gone downhill due to its recent popularity. We visited Prague in 2002 and it still offers incredible value to tourists (we had a very nice three course lunch for 180 kc (little over £6) and the superb beer could be found for under 30kc for half a litre).We loved our three-day stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague