After a week of trawling thru what seemed like all the hotels in prage! and then checking here to c if they were any good, probably what your doing right now.....I decided to take the girlfriend to the hotel barcelo old town. A good choice it turns out. we stayed 10th jan 2013
We booked directly from the JET2 website for flights from leeds/bradford for 3 nights thur - sun total was about £480 for 2 adults 10kg hand luggage each. a real bargin for this hotel!
Its very close to the airport transfer shuttle bus drop off 2 min walk check the link here for more info. http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-bus-from-airport-to-prague-centre.php 150czk per person (around £4 each) Bargin!
the hotel itself IS a 4 star. on arival (we were able to check in early at 11am for no extra cost) we were greated with great customer service and free hot wine and sweet biscuits. the room we were given no13 was spacious and very clean. lovely and warm mini bar ect. Big bathroom with large shower all to a nice high standard. you get the usual 4 star bits and bobs, shoe horn sewing kit, shower caps, toothbrushes, with paste, razors, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner blah blah blah. Turns out i didnt even need to bring that stupid little sandwich bag thru customs!
rooms were cleaned daily as were the beds and fresh towles. we never ate in the hotel but we did have a peek at the food which looks delicious and after checking the menu the prices were fair also. but the true buty of this hotel is the location itself! it is in the heart of the old town away from any busy street noise and just a great place to stay.
The only downside about the hotel i had was the room had 2 singles pushed together but this seems pretty standard over there from all the hotels i looked at. (a very minor niggle for such a nice trip)
Enjoy you holiday even if you dont stay here. prauge is lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Orbitz, Barcelo, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague