“2 night stay”
Review of Ankora

Ankora
Ranked #259 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a two night stay at the Ankora, which was ideally situated for all the major attractions. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and for a budget hotel, it really was very pleasant. Air conditioning was good, TV was in all rooms, and there was a mini bar. Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby and not in your room which was disappointing, but I would not hesitate to go there again when I next return to Prague. There was a superb coffee shop just outside the main entrance, and my only real disappointment was that the breakfast wasn't really to my likeing.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, and it was a very quiet floor to be on.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil L
There are newer reviews for Ankora

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Ankora Hotel Prague is situated close by University of New York Prague and a short 10 minute walk to the major sights in the center of Prague. I was in Prague to teach an MBA course at UNYP, and hence the location was nothing less than excellent.

Truth be told, when I realized that this hotel did not offer wifi in the rooms, I wanted to leave. But circumstances had me stay, and in the end it worked out well.

I stayed at one of the so-called 5 star luxury apartments. Well, the apartment is nothing more than a big room with a small kitchenette and a jacuzzi. But it worked for me for the 5 days I stayed there. And I suppose the price is cheap compared to 5-star hotels in Prague.

Pros;
- room was clean and the bathroom facilities were above average
- wifi worked and was fast, but only in the lobby
- there is a decent coffees-hop 10 meters away from the hotel
- house keeping friendly enough to iron a couple of shirts in a flash
- location is fine, several convenience stores, burger joints, restaurants and bars nearby. Starbucks and Costa's a short 5-10 minute walk away. Metro is nearby too.

Cons;
- no wifi in rooms
- noise from the street (I was on the 2nd floor)
- noise from the 2nd floor stemming from the Thai Message on the same floor, which turned out to be quite a nuisance
- no dry-cleaning or professional laundry service, but house keeping would iron a couple of shirts in a flash
- a few English language and German language TV channels

All in all, I suppose the hotel is fine. I am just used to something different.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to avoid noise from the streets. Stay away from 2nd floor unless you wan...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are traveling with baby, i must tell you there is no kettle inside the room for you to boil hot water to make milk. Kettle is only available at the reception/lobby area and when you ask for hot water, you have to take whatever glasses/cup from your room and go down to the lobby and they will pour hot water for you. This is extremely inconvenient.

The most annoying thing has to be the room temperature. The control inside the room is not working, no matter how high the fan speed you set or how low the temperature you set, it is always the same. I phoned the receptionist, not once but twice, then only they come up to my room. The fat lady told me i musn't set the fan speed to 3 (the highest), she said the fan only blow hot air, she ask me to turn the fan speed to 0 and said the room temperature will go down eventually to temperature i want (22 degree). I did as she said although i found it highly unusual and quite the opposite should be true. When i turned the fan speed to zero the noice from the blower stop, I waited for half an hour, the temperature doesn't went down instead it went up!

I hate it because they are being dishonest about the air-con and lie to the customer! They are giving crap advice or simply lie to us to get out from our room.

And one more thing, there only give us a room card, which make it extremely inconvenient for us because the lift cannot be operate without room card, whenever i have to go down to get some hot water my family is waiting inside the room in complete darkness. This is insane.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robseet
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location was the best possible for the new town (although personally I think if I return to Prague I'll stay in the Old Town.) Across the road from a I P Pavlova metro station and all other amenities within the vicinity (shop a few doors along, postbox round corner, several bars and restaurants in the area and an indian restaurant and thai massage in the actual hotel). The triple room and bathroom were nice, clean and not too small. It had glasses, phone, soap, tv and hairdryer. My only criticism of it would be that the sockets were in very impractical locations. The staff were excellent, especially the extremely helpful dark-haired receptionist. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: On a fairly busy road but 6 floors up we had no noise. Not sure about lower floors.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall, great location, great rates, nice rooms and please you breakfast! Ideal for travelers seeking the proximity of the city center, available subway station and great pubs/restaurants nearby. Not for luxury seekers but for easy going mates expecting some standard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

GOOD: pretty cheap rate; perfect location within 10 min by foot to downtown; 24-hour cheap alcohol and food minimarket in the same building; 2 min to Metro station; 3 min to perfect restaurant "U Vocku" - VERY cheap and tasty, real old Check style!; good and clean new-furnished rooms (all rooms are not smoking, smoking zone in on the grand floor!); mutl-language speaking and friendly staff; not bad breakfast; free internet (wire in room + wi-fi at the reception); cable TV; good bathroom; goog beds. Special "Hotylku" pub with fully naked waitress (Wednesday only, 7 p.m - 11 p.m., free entrance) within 500 meters;
BAD: no teapot in the room, you have to ask for a hot water at the reception when you want to have a tea or coffee in your room; strange elevator, it doesn't move until you applied a room key and then "thinks" too long;
I will stay there next time for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vladfor
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is ideally located just steps from a Metro Station. The room was huge and very clean, the bathroom even had a bath tub/Jacuzzi. We had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again on my next visit to Prague. The only thing was that internet was only available at the lobby but other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends