“Excellent hotel”
Review of Ankora

Ankora
Ranked #262 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had a one bedroom apartment (king bed) for 5 nights. It was very clean. The bathroom had a huge tub and a stall shower. There was a microwave and fridge in the room with a kitchen sink. The breakfast was great - nice selection of fruit, eggs, meat, juices. Free wi-fi in the room. Location is very close to a metro stop - 1/2 block.

The staff is awesome. We left 2 jackets in the room and didn't remember this until we were in Vienna. I called the hotel and explained what we had done. They found the jackets and told me they would mail the jackets to us (we live in the USA). Sure enough a couple of weeks upon returning home, our jackets made it back to us. I cannot express my thanks to the staff enough for their help with this.

There is no doubt that if we return to Prague we will be staying at this hotel. The price, location, cleanliness, service, and breakfast cannot be beat.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank storyofthebert

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed for 2 night at Hotel Ankona, but I should definitely stay more. Very clean, wonderful staff, great conditions, big rooms, free wi-fi, good location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was very pleased with that hotel: newly renovated, clean, very nice and helpful staff, wifi for free in the lobby (with a cable in your room), very close to the center (5 mns by tram), located in a very safe area.

Room Tip: I found my hotel on the internet
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Despite the nice and helpful reception lady I have to advice to avoid Hotel Ankora if one expects hotel to match with the stars assigned. Here's a practical hint for anyone visiting Prague (that I did not respect, but will next time, that's for sure): always rate your hotel choice one star higher than you'd be comfortable with. If you want three stars, go with four star "lodge".

The eighth floor roof terrace room first given to us was dirty and full of spiders and silverfishes. I don't appreciate that kind of souvenirs, nor I do like stained towels. We asked another room, which was given to us with sincerely apologies. Sixth floor room was tolerable, but did not, however, seem like a three star hotel comparing to my earlier three star accommodation experiences.

Location was pretty ok, breakfast like made by myself i.e. lower than average. Even though the breakfast was included, we ate outside after the first morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hanna-Maija
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed at the Hotel Ankora at the end of November on my business trip to Prague. The welcome at the front desk was OK, and a very nice room was waiting for me upstairs. The room was very spacious, equipped with everything you need. There was also minibar and coffee and tea compliments. It is very close the to the very center of Prague (about 15 minute walk) and is very close to the main railway station. The breakfast was very good with wide selections of different kinds of food, slads and fruit - something for everyone. Very affordable prices even for tourists. I would stay there again either as a tourist or business traveller.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Tomash226
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Spent the weekend at the Ankora, for £35 a night it was idea. It was never going to be luxurious, so the room was small but it was also spotless and comfortable. The hotel sits within a short walk of the Metro and Wenceslas Square, and across the street from the tram. Only downside would be that the walls and doors were quite thin, such that you could hear people out in the halls - not that bad though, as it was very quiet at night. A massive breakfast with many choices was included in the price, really all one could ask for since, other than sleeping, you shouldn't want to spend alot of time in a hotel room in Prague. Very well done!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Next to metro I.P:Pavlova, great location. A mini-mart at the corner of the hotel.
Nice, clean and simple single room, with bathroom and safe box.
Good selection of breakfast choices.
Friendly and knowledegable day staff (but NOT night staff) who could provide assistance.
It would have been a better experience if the managment have designate the reception area as non-smoking zone as well!

• Stayed: April 2010