“weekend break”

Ranked #111 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms were clean and comfy, although make sure you state if you want a smoking or non-smoking room. we dont smoke and had a smoking room. the breakfast was buffet style with a good range of choice. Would stop here again.

Room Tip: State a preference for smoking or non smoking room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lollypop149
JessicaO159Prague, Front Office Manager at Lindner Hotel Prague Castle, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Lindner Prague Castle for your recent stay in Prague.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, room, and breakfast.

We are very sorry that you had a different room than you wished for. We are always happy to change the rooms in case our guests are not satisfied. It is unfortunate that we could not apply this measure in your case.

In case we get the chance of welcoming you back in the future, please just inform my colleagues at Reception about your request at check-in.

Thank you for being our guest!

Best wishes,

Jessica Olschowka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Shoreham by Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate our Golden Wedding and could not have made a better choice. The staff were friendly and very attentive. I have a wheat intolerance and never before have I had more care taken to make sure that I ate the right foods.

Room Tip: Overlook the Monastery. It's all very peaceful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gerryrussell
Ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We arrived in Prague only to find the accommodation we had booked had let us down. After a quick internet search we found this hotel and booked it for that day. We arrived about half and hour later and we were very pleasantly surprised. We had passed this hotel many times on previous trips to Prague, liked the location but had never tried it. The courtyard entrance was lovely and the reception staff were most welcoming and very friendly. Our spacious room was very well equipped with lovely views over the Courtyard and into Strahov Monestry. A very comfortable bed and good quality furnishings.The lounge and bar area was plush with lovely sumptuous sofas. The location is just below Petrin Hill and above the castle. It makes for a lovely and picturesque walk towards the Old Town and a tram stops just before the hotel to get you back. After a very stressful start to our holiday this hotel was a great choice in a great location and we are planning to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dultche
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Lindner Hotel in Prague in July--one of the busiest tourist seasons with coaches filled with visitors. The room was clean, comfy, and decorated mostly in style with the surrounding settings of the Strahov monastary. I had a ground floor room, not something I am accustomed to, but did not have any security concerns or worries.

The reception and sitting areas were very nice. I enjoyed tea in the skylight room, and lounged in the bar in big leather sofas. One of the few hotels I've stayed at where I enjoyed sitting in the lounges as much as my own room.

The staff were very friendly. There was only one hiccup dealing with the airport transfer fee. I paid 300 Kc for a roundtrip. I was picked up in a very nice Mercedes (I felt important), and the driver did not waste any time getting me to the hotel! In the end, I'm still not sure what was charged and what was paid. The staff were very accomodating and did their best to assure me. There was a slight language barrier, more on my part, but again in the end I felt as if the Lindner valued my patronage and I feel the issue was handled professionally.

*Advice: Settle, up front, the airport transfer fee and get a receipt! No matter how late in the evening. Recommend paying it in cash, not adding to the hotel bill.

On location, the hotel is NOT in the center of town nor very close to it. It is atop a ridge located along the edge of Petrin Hill, which can be good or bad. It is a long walk UP at the end of a long day of walking. I was a little disappointed that the Castle was further afield than I thought given the website description, but I'm a walker anyway and its location situated my schedule. It has great access up to Petrin Hill, along the Hunger Wall, and to several sights include Petrin Tower (see review), the Rosarium Rose Garden, as well as a tram for the ride down.

Rather than walk down the gently sloping, zig-zag path, I took the tram which put me right at the bus stop heading for Wesceslas Square. Both the tram and the bus are very inexpensive, but you will need change (no bills or credit cards).

From the hotel, it is a little bit of a walk to Prague Castle proper, and the going can be a bit steep. The bus stop is located down and around the corner from the hotel, which gives you access to Mala Strana and the Charles Bridge.

*Advice: pace your end-of-day trip to either have the tram ride to Petrin Hill (then walk down to the hotel) or reserve some energy for the long walk up! I took a pit stop at the Podhradi Restaurant (see review) for dinner before continuing on back.

The hotel has its own restaurant and bar, although there are at least three restaurants within very close (but slightly steep) walking distance.

Overall, I have to rate my experience as a 4*. Folks who enjoy walking around and exploring should find this location good for both parks and historic sights!

Room Tip: There is a lift/elevator, to get to the upper levels, but you not all lifts access the same levels...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank CAEccles
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Prague for about 1 week and ordered the room from hotels.com. The first thing you'll notice is that the receptionists are always happy and very helpful. They gave us a whole load of tips of where to go and what to see. The room was also surprisingly good, we didn't expect to much because of the price we payed, but i was positively surprised by how big and comfortable the rooms was. Very good space and a big bathroom. The room was also clean at all times seeing as the housekeepers seemed very thorough with the cleaning.

The only downside i can think of is that the hotel is a little far from the city center. But at the same time you'll experience very much which is worth experiencing if you walk to the city, and at the same time it'll probably not hurt you to move around some.

The breakfast was also pretty good. Seeing as i have a gluten intolerance it's often a big problem finding good gluten free food in foreign countries, or any gluten free food at all. But at the hotel this was no problem, they made extra gluten free food for me which was extremely comforting seeing as this often is a problem.

But the best thing about the stay must've been the dinner. The last night we were here we decided to eat dinner at the hotel. We were a little tired and didn't feel like going out. So we went down to the bar to eat, and the food was amazing. It was definitely the best dinner I've had in Prague the whole week. I ate a steak and it was perfectly made. I think it must've been one of the best steaks i have had in my entire life, at least it felt like it at that moment. Just to top it of our waiter, Zdenek, was also extremely nice, he knew when to come, when to go, was always witty and very, very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Once again my gluten intolerance was not a problem as i experience very often other places.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering going to Prague, The hotel was great and we had a great time staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel J
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We booked a last minute trip with a 20% off voucher and were very pleasantly surprised after reading some reviews. We had a very nice welcome with really friendly front desk staff. The room was good with a big bed and all the necessary facilities. The breakfast was very good and the bar was nice although a overpriced. The hotel is on the top of the hill by the castle - a nice location but a 30 - 45 min walk from Old Town. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple