“Poor customer service”

Holiday Inn Prague Airport
Ranked #254 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been left disappointed by the lack of customer service at this hotel. I arrived on the 12th November and had confirmed my booking by email. I had requested a high floor and had bookended a double room.

On checkin the reception spent a long time looking at my booking and then directed me to the 4th floor. ( at other holidays inn, I've been offered points or a drink - guess this service is not available to platinum members at this hotel).

The room had two small beds, so I returned to reception it was clear the receptionist knew I should have had a double room and then made some changes to allocate me a room on the 5th floor, there was no apology.

On the 12th I emailed customer relations, and was promised a call or contact from the local hotel management before I checked out ......nothing ! On the 13th, i left the hotel at 12pm and still no acknowledgment......I followed up with customer relations on the 13th.... This time I was promised contact within 48 hours..... Still nothing.

The breakfast was also far from what is expected at a Holliday inn, and the value for money is non existent.

Whilst the room was comfortable and very clean, the over all experience has left me reviewing my options and I will avoid this hotel in Prague in the future..

Customer Service does not cost a lot and can make the difference. In this case a simple reply/acknowledgment would have saved a public review.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
brusak, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Prague Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Chineham-traveler,

Thank you for your stay in Holiday inn Prague Airport.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience during your stay in our hotel.

I would like to ensure you that I had been disapointed with problems you have to face during your stay.
Please, let me explain following issues:

High floor request – your room had been confirmed in the top floor ( 6th floor ) by our reservation agent Mr. Jan Loněk.
Unfortunately our trainee receptionist Katerina removed you to the 4th floor ( IHG Rewards Club Floor ) as you are Platinum IHG Rewards Club member.
Let me apologize for this mistake. Katerina just want you to offer IHG Rewards Club floor comfort despite your reservation in 6th floor.

Welcome Drink for Gold and Platinum members – we provide complimentary Welcome drink to all Gold and Platinum IHG Rewards Club members. I investigated this issue and saw that you had been provided with IHG Rewards Club complimentary welcome drink voucher at check in ( together with your room key).

Let me apologize once more for problems you had to faced during your stay.

Radek Brusak
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

After flying overnight from the U.S., we wanted a place to sleep and recover from jet lag before transferring to our other hotel for the week. I chose this hotel because of the close proximity to the airport and noon check-in. The shuttle was prompt, staff was courteous and the contemporary hotel and room were lovely. The air conditioning worked fine for us once I figured out how to set the temperature. Complimentary internet.

We did not eat at the hotel, but walked to the airport that evening to use the ATM and just ate there. It is an easy 7 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel if you want to go into the city. You would need to take bus 119 and transfer to the metro.

Back to the room. We had two single beds which were very comfortable and comfort was what we wanted. As a matter of fact, they were so comfortable that we didn't wake up the next morning until 11:30am! The place was quiet as a mouse. No noise. We really enjoyed this property.

Room Tip: We were in 503 facing a nice green space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent hotel! We stayed here on our last day of our trip so that we would be close to the airport and catch an early morning flight. Public transportation from Prague City left us right in front of the hotel. We took the Metro A to Dejvicka then bus 119 to terminal 2 stop. Room was spacious, king size bed with all amenities including wifi. Front desk was open 24 hours and the staff was very friendly. We requested a shuttle to the airport around 4:30 am and the process was extremely quick. One of the staff members is the one that drives you there so we did not have to wait for anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessheim, Norway
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here two nights in conjunction with family visit to the Czech Republic. We took the opportunity to Shop in Prague before we went home to Oslo.
When we are just going to be a couple of days, we prefer to stay at the airport since this makes your day of departure much easier . When traveling with children , this is important .
Previously , we used the Marriot Hotel, within walking distance to the terminal. This was fully booked, so we tried the Holiday Inn for the first time.
We do not regert that . The hotel is about 500 meters from the terminal building. They have their own shuttelbus that transports you and your luggage to and from in a few minutes . The reception staff are very welcoming and provide good service. We had a double room on the sixth floor. This room was slightly larger than a standard double room , just to make room for a cot . The room was large and airy , furniture was plenty of shelf space and tv / desk. It was very good space to hang up clothes and koferter and bags could be put aside so they will not lay the matter on the floor . The bathroom was simple and functional, shampoo and soap were palss and was refilled when needed. Having sleept in rock hard beds in varus Czech hotels, the beds here was wery comfy.
Breakfast was simple and straightforward, the service outstanding. If it's worth paying extra 400CZK per adult will each have to decide for them selws. It is possible to walk up to the terminal and eat sandwich from Subway for 85 CZK before taking the bus to the city center.
Check-out and transfer to the terminal took a total of 12-15 min. We were driven by a pleasant and smiling receptionist.
All in all, location, comfort and price taken into consideration, we think this was good value fo your currency. We will probably stay here when we return to celebrate Christmas.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, the hotel have a few rooms wirh extra space for roll avay bed o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EgilJessheim
SlimMalteser
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped in Prague for an overnighter and the Airport Holiday Inn did the job. Downtown Prague is easily reachable by public transport for nominal cost. The pick-up from the airport was free and prompt enough. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
brusak, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Prague Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear SlimMalteser,

Nice! Thanks for the great comments!
Leoben, Austria
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had a transit in Prag and so chosen this hotel, which has excellent proximity to the airport. Pleasing staff members, excellent rooms and overall had a nice experience.

I can recommend this hotel for all transit passengers and not for tourist who visit just Prag.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kgprashanth
Dear kgprashanth,

Thank you so much for the great review and we hope you will be back very soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

On a business trip to the Prague airport, I stayed two nights at the airport Holiday Inn. Look for the free phone in the arrival halls and call for their free shuttle van. Walking distance is about 1 KM. The hotel is adjacent to parking garage D which has mini-bus service from both terminals. The Room was larger than I expected for an airport hotel, well equipped with TV, free Wifi, safe for laptop, coffee/tea service, air conditioning, nice bathroom, minibar/fridge, lots of closet area, a desk/work area and a big bed with large pillows. Staff is friendly and helpful. A restaurant and bar on-site were OK. I spent all my time visiting on the airport grounds or working in the room.

Room Tip: I was in room 408, which was at the far end of the building away from the doors & elevator, very...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BigDing0
brusak, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Prague Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear "BigDing0"
Thank you so much for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope that we could offer you the consistent service every time you stayed.
Hope to see you soon!