“Ambitious menu, usually successful”
Review of Cervena Tabulka - CLOSED

Cervena Tabulka
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Ambitious menu, usually successful”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been in this restaurant at least four times over a four-year period. At one stage, its chef had just won the young Czech chef of the year award, but like any restaurant the head honcho moves on or isn't always there and so over this extended period it has been variable. However, I had lunch there in Spring 2013 and it was really good. It is certainly worth a try. I know it does attract a lot of expats but I don't think that is a criticism as might be in Paris. Truth is, it has what you might call 'normal Western European prices'; in other words, it seems quite pricey to Czechs but not to many foreigners.

1 Thank JWL123

Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice beer”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went here for a beer, but i found a nice bistrot, I still go there for some pit stops, not olnly it's on the way to go home, but also because the staff is nice.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank makro_marko
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining in Prague?”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I read the reviews here and wonder if we went to the same restaurant. Restaurants in Prague were full and we were directed here by the hotel.
We booked for dinner at 7:30pm. The evening was warm so we sat out in the courtyard along with just 4 or 5 others, and noticeably there were no locals, and not a single table in the main restaurant which is quite large, was occupied.
The courtyard was makeshift and shabby, surrounded by buildings and a flight of stairs leading to a second story under which were piled old pallets and boxes - not a good sign.
The service was fine, if a little brusque. The menu is simple, short and reads well and on the face of it appears good value. Sadly, not so the food, we had stuffed chicken breast, which was accompanied by a single pile of cold grey, quartered new potatoes smothered in mayonnaise, (nothing like the menu description of a salad). What little appetite we had left to eat was extinguished by the arrival of my partners monk fish, which literally stank. The odour was so strong that we both felt queasy. On inspection the centre of the fish was not cooked and still partially frozen.
We sent both meals back and said we wanted to leave, and they presented us with a bill for payment in full. After some debate they removed the fish course, and we left.
Maybe this was an off night, and I appreciate that my views are not always shared by others, but this meal was truly atrocious, one of the worst I have ever been presented with, and I would seriously not recommend this place to anyone.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hidden jewel in Prague! Must try!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

On our recent trip to Prague, we stumbled across this great restaurant. I HIGHLY recommend this place for a lunch. We had a great appetizer, two glasses of wine, and I enjoyed a wonderful fish meal while my wife enjoyed a wonderful traditional Czech meal. They had incredible service and the food was by far the best we have had in Prague. We went to a different place for dinner the night before and spent 2-3 times what we spent here and the food here was by far more than 2-3 times better. Price in Prague is NOT an indicator of quality. ****we went for lunch, but I am sure it would be a great place for dinner as well!

1 Thank PrickelyPear
Celje, Slovenia
“Private dinner in Prague”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Best of all was service! And a great pork with spinach, best vine list, creme brulee for dessert was one of the best ever. Soup was so-so, let's say-a bit too strong, but ok. Place is really nice, maybe just a bit too hot. But nice. Would recommend it.

Visited April 2013