“Hotel with excellent water park”

Aquapalace Hotel Prague
Ranked #228 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I visited the hotel with family and we have 3 kids. The hotel was clean, nice and in very good condition. They had buffet lunch and dinner which were with average food. There was very little for vegans beside french fries.
Employees mostly speak German beside Czech and only few knew English. We misunderstood something and went on wrong time to dinner and they were kind to still allow us to have it. Thank you! We also got late checkout and could spend time in the water park. Kids loved the water park. There were tubes and pools for various ages of kids. There was also a lot of places to just rest. The sauna world had 14 saunas and resting areas for relaxing. I also liked the sauna ceremonies which where unfortunately only in Czech. Interesting part aspect of the Sauna world was that men and women are sharing the saunas as naked and ware towel or line when walking around. Staying at hotel gives access to water park and Sauna world and everybody can stay until end of the last they in the park which is very good offer.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

we had a great time
the hotel is very clean, staff very helpfull.
the water park is wonderfull, clean,orgenized, kids loved it!
very nice laser show every evning at the waterpark
cant wait to go back again :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amir C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My colleagues made fun of me when I told them we would be staying at hotel called the Aquapalace. They even tried to change the reservation on the basis that any place with a waterpark could not be a good choice for business trip. They were wrong. It was an unconventional option but an excellent one. I have now stayed here twice and will again.

So let's start with the name. Yes, this is a hotel with a destination waterpark attached. It also does double duty as a conference center and business hotel. I didn't use the waterpark, though it was an option and my colleagues actually did use it, so I will focus on the hotel portion of the program.

Upon check in, I was immediately upgraded to a larger room because they had one available and likely because I was the one who brought them 3 other bookings with mine. My room was beyond spacious. My colleagues had standard rooms and also felt that they were quite large. This was great for us as we were there an entire week.

My bed was comfortable, the furniture was comfortable and the room was immaculate. The bathrooms were quite nice and also spotless. Housekeeping is clearly a priority here.

I place a high value on service and we received great service throughout our stay. The desk staff arranged cars for us, suggested restaurants in the city and generally treated us very well.

In the restaurant the first night we arrived a bit late and the waiter was somewhat less than thrilled to have us. I believe it was the end of his shift and as he spoke English we may have delayed his departure which impacted his mood. He was a delight there rest of the week and really was the only waiter we had until the last day. The last day, the poor man finally had a day off and we had another waitress. It was pretty clear right away that English would be a struggle for her and as the only one in our group with other languages to chose from, we quickly cycled through her list and mine until we settled upon German. After that everything went smoothly and she was warm and efficient and kept our glasses full which, of couse, we Americans love.

The hotel is not in Prague proper but outside the city. Our offices were only a short distance away, which is how we landed here in the first place, so it fit my purposes. My colleague wanted to do a bit of sightseeing so they had a bit more of a commute to steal away into the city proper to briefly play tourist. If you are hoping to be in the middle of the historic district, this would not be your best option. If you are willing to cab to the historic district, the hotel can arrange transport quite easily.

They had a booming meeting business going while we were there but seemed to staff up at the breaks in those meetings so nobody waited for service anywhere which I thought was an excellent example of how well run this hotel actually is day to day.

I would say that I would return, but I already have!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2014

5 nights in April 2014 (parents + 3, ages 4,9,11).
The King suite is perfect for travelling with kids - two separate rooms. I wish there were 2 bathrooms.
You can go to the pool area with your ropes - very convinient.
The breakfast is tasty.
Great place for vacation.

2  Thank olyazil
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The staff was extremely polite and helpful during our three night stay. The best advice would be to tour half day or just until after lunch and then go back to the hotel. The kids can do the water park and the parents can relax.

The breakfast menu was varied enough. The best food was in the Barracuda Bar. We had one of the best hamburgers in this bar.

The water park is quite nice. Some of the slides are quite fast and thrilling. Our children had a very nice time. We ended the trip with the feeling that it would be nice to come back.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel staff was not incredible welcoming or helpful, but the hotel was clean, had fun activities for the kids while you checked in, a WONDERFUL breakfast with cappuccino machine :) Very easy indoor access to the waterpark. They were able to hold our bags on our last day while we played at the waterpark late into the afternoon for no extra charge. All food at the waterpark is just added to your hotel bill, making it really easy. With a family of 6,they just added another waterpark bracelet and breakfast charge to our bill for the room for 4 and brought in a roll out bed. A sliding door separated the bedroom from main room with sofa bed.

Free parking in the garage next to the hotel and a free shuttle to the subway that will take you into Prague. You can also pay for a private shuttle into the town or to the subway. Mcdonalds a very short drive away as well as a Lidl

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel! I thought the place was nice and clean and good value as long as you use the waterpark! The room was small especially for a family of 5 but this isnt too much of a problem. Their free shuttle to the train station is terrific! Dinner in the restauraunt was fabulous but i heard the dinner buffet wasnt so good so eat from the menu. Breakfast buffet was awesome! My only complaint was the "executive lounge". In previous stays at other hotels with this service, the lounge would have many treats and snacks. This had stale wafer cookies and some sandwiches but only for a short period of time during the day. Many times they would have no glasses left in stock to get a drink. It was really hit or miss. I think this service could be given more attention and done better. All in all, we enjoyed our stay, the waterpark is fabulous!

Stayed: October 2013