“Excellent location”
Review of Prague Square

Prague Square
Ranked #115 of 691 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Very clean and excellent location ten seconds away from Staromeska Namesti.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed June 14, 2011

This cheap hostel is in prime location! I would recommend it to everyone I know who is going to go there! Its literally steps around the corner from the old square. During December this is where the main christmas market in Prague is and it is absolutley amazing! I must see and do! Was not disappointed with the hostel at all, fab location, fab place and fab price!

Room Tip: Not the window that backs onto the road!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here with friends for 2 nights during an inter-rail trip around Europe. We were on a budget and opted to stay in a hostel.

The location is good and the building is a large period property with plenty of character. The staff were helpful and the facilities were in my opinion better than average for a European hostel.

I personally thought that the rooms were crowded. Fortunately we knew 90% of the guests in out shared room (9 beds). I think it may have been too close for comfort if sharing with all people you don't know.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We've just came back from Prague. Visited with two other couples (6 people - 1 room) and we all loved it. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is really well located and their prices are fair.
The only problem - but it relates to Prague, not the hostel - is to get a parking space. There's a car park nearby but bloody expensive, so keep that in mind if you're coming by car.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I stayed in this hostel in March (room 403) and I woke up the next day covered in itchy little red bumps, which after a hospital visit once I got back to my apartment in Switzerland, I found out were bed bug bites. DONT STAY HERE! It is now May and I still have scarring on my neck, hands, legs, and ankles from the ridiculous amount of bites that I got. I had to wash everything I own and clean my apartment top to bottom, have an exterminator come, and steam my mattress, just in case one got in my suitcase and I brought it home with me. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on prescriptions to ease the itching, not to mention that it was a totally traumatizing experience and I have a really hard time sleeping in general now because I am so paranoid about bed bugs. The hostel looked so clean and nice and appeared to be the nicest one I stayed in in Europe, and I never would have expected that my bed would have bed bugs. My two friends who stayed with me also got the bites, although mine were the most extensive and covered a huge amount of my body. If you do decide to stay here, definitely check your bed!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank amcbride1
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Location was very good. Close to the old town square and also the market on Havelska Street.
However, room was so-so only. Mainly because of the lack of privacy in the room as the curtain was transparent! Toilet was outside which was fine but the shower room on our floor was mixed. The shower doors can't be locked. So we had to go downstairs for the female shower room. Not very convenient.
Reception was not very friendly. Initially, we were told they accept euro. However, upon check-in, they insisted on koruna. This was truly confusing and very inconvenient as we ended up with too little koruna left.
Lift situated awkwardly as it does not stop on the floor where the rooms are. Rather it stopped halfway. Hence, you will still need to carry your luggage up.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank phik
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I had a great time at Prague Square Hostel. It's hands-down the best located hostel in Prague. You are literally a 1 minute walk away from the main square with the astrological clock, etc.

I found it very easily, despite being a bit nervous during the 1 a.m. walk from the train station to the hostel. The front desk was helpful and matter-of-fact. Checking in and out took less than five minutes. Lots of reading/activity pamphlets at the front desk as well.

I stayed in a 8 person room and had no problems with my Brazilian room mates - all very kind and polite. Showers/WC also very clean and sanitary.

There was also a cool common room where I saw people watching movies and a computer room (with 4 computers) which was nice.

The people were mostly young travelers, though I did notice one VERY older gentlemen (re: creep) who propositioned every woman he saw (including myself) for a drink, but if you've stayed in hostels before, you'll know that there are one or two creeps at every hostel and it's very hard to avoid unless the hostel employs a very strict maximum age requirement.

Downsides:

Lockers are not reliable - The lockers were not completely theft-proof, evidenced by the fact that when I was given my key, it not only opened my locker, but the locker next to mine as well! It was also not possible to put my own padlock on these thin, wooden lockers. I was worried about my laptop, passport, and other items that I didn't want to take out with me when I went exploring, so I asked the staff at the front desk if they would please hold it for me. They agreed and tucked it safely away.

It was a bit loud at times, mainly at night, and although I didn't have a problem with the noise, I can see how other more prudent travellers would object.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo