“Very good experience”

Exe City Park Prague
Ranked #161 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at Chopin Hotel Prague for 3 nights between Christmas and New Year's Eve 2012. We arranged transportation upon arrival through the hotel (close to midnight) and were greeted at the airport terminal by a polite and friendly gentleman who drove us safely to the hotel which was about 20 minutes away. The hotel was clean, comfortable and practical. The location slightly off the path from Wenceslas Square and across the train station made it very accessible but also quiet and private. The buffet breakfast was hearty and filling with a good variety and healthy choices. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating and reliably answered all our touristy questions. We happily arranged transportation from the hotel to the airport again when we made our way home from Prague and that capped a very good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KTTN
There are newer reviews for Exe City Park Prague

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for three nights. The staff we encountered on the front desk were all very pleasant and efficient. The room we had was quite comfortable and clean. As we were towards the rear of the hotel our room was nice and quiet. We mainly chose this hotel because of its proximity to the station, even so it was also an easy walk to the old town square and Christmas Markets.

Only comment I would make about the breakfast is whilst there was a reasonable array, on two mornings the only hot dish was sausages and on the other morning at least they were accompanied by scrambled eggs. Certainly no welcome received at any time from the breakfast staff.

However, we would stay here again and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

PRICE, LOCATION, CLEANLINESS, COMFORT, SIZE AND SHOWER. These are my criteria. This hotel fulfilled all to a 5 star rating with the shower being the exception. I like a good strong hot shower. The pressure in our shower was barely strong enough to wash out the conditioner. I didn't complain- what could they do? The tap was on its highest setting! Any way enough about the dodgy water pressure, the hotel was great otherwise. In a terrific location, heaps of public transport options, modern, comfortable, warm, friendly and a 7/10 breakfast. Price was right when booking online, clean and spacious. Would i stay again, yes, but that shower pressure needs some serious attention!

Room Tip: Maybe my room had ad water pressure- ask for one with good pressure. Showers are important to me !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. The view of the park and train station across the street was not particularly attractive but it was convenient. The hotel is also convenient to other attractions and the 'Old Town'. All of the staff was very friendly. Breakfasts were good but tables filled up fast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel Chopin is wonderful for people traveling by train. The main entrance is across the street from Prague's main train station, which makes it easy on the weary travelers. The hotel staff is wonderfully helpful with tours and directions around the city, and the breakfast bar is simple but good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

In agreement with all the other good reviews except that we had a huge bag of M&Ms, the bag that costs about $10 in USA. We had opened it, eaten a few from the bag, and had ziplocked the bag closed. We returned to the room to find the bag open and at least half the M&MS gone. I know how petty this sounds, you know, whine, someone stole my candy, whine. But the fact is the only people who had access to the room were the housekeeping staff and I'm very relieved we didn't leave money or jewelry in the room. My husband said something to the man on duty and he wasn't interested one bit. As this hotel proudly displays a tripadvisor recommendation, be forwarned: never ever leave anything of value in the room if you stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank traveldivaao
PRGCHO, General Manager at Exe City Park Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for your stay at the Chopin Hotel Prague. However, I am very surprised about your review and the title of the review.

I am very sorry too. I´d like to inform you that I have a stable team of maids taking care of the guest rooms and all public areas and I can assure you that none of them would take the risk and eat some candies. On top of that, an experienced housekeeping supervisor was in charge of your room cleanliness

We of course have deeply discussed this comment of yours and we discovered that you were in contact with my Housekeeping Manager several times during your stay and it is a pity that you have not informed her about you suspicion.

I appreciate the possibility of travellers to freely express their opinion about their stay in our hotel but I would also expect that no statements, such as "stole" will be posted without any proof of the theft. Next time if you have verifiable suspicion that anything was stolen in your room, I would suggest to call the police and I can assure you, that legal action against this person will take place and termination of the contract will be the next step regardless if it is candy or any other valuables.

Milan Škvára

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great location straight across the park from main train station, incl coach to airport if that suits you. Spent 4 nights at Chopin and could not have chosen better...breakfast had good variety, tho' sometimes all tables were in use. Reception staff and security guy were all very friendly. The computer with free internet in foyer was appreciated by many guests...not everyone has wi-fi equipment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family