“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #39 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Flint
“wonderful hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed three nights in this boutique hotel and enjoyed every minute. It was quiet which is a huge plus for me. I loved the heated floors in the bathroom and the contemporary styling in the room. We were bumped up to this hotel due to overbooking at the Hilton. Lucky us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rmerje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have had the opportunity of staying at the best hotels around the world and trust me when I say that this hotel is one of them.

You will always be able to find a 5 star hotel in any city with excellent beds, amazing bathrooms and well equipped rooms, but what truly makes a difference in a 5 star hotels is the service. The Augustine provided me one of the best services I have experienced in years. Always willing to help, always making sure our stay was pleasant and always taking the extra mile to accommodate our requests.

This hotel had a person who gave us a tour of the property, this is something 5 star hotels used to do when I was a kid and I am happy this hotel still does. It also happens this hotel used to be a monastery (that can visited for 500CZK) making each room really unique. The hotel asked us the purpose of our visit and when they learnt we were on our anniversary they send to our room a bottle of champagne and small chocolate cake. We were really happy.

If you book a room online it might be worth it if you make a reservation that includes breakfast otherwise you will be paying around $40 per person for the great breakfast buffet they have.

The hotel is just a few steps from the Prague bridge, St. Nicholas church and the Castle. This was my first time visiting the city and I really loved it.

If I ever go back I would not try or book any other hotel. I will only stay here.

Room Tip: Prague is full of tourist making the sightseeing too crowded. If you can, wake up at 6am and walk t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Piscus
cali
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is awesome, service standards where high and the rooms were surprising big. Quite
hotel, make sure you don't get a room on the road where train comes through. Great
beds, great everything except muesli for breakfast needs improvement it wasn't good
at all.
Will definitely come back, Amazing beds

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Located in Malostranska, a short stroll away accross the bridge from the hustle and bustle of Prague Old Town Square, the location of the The Augustine Hotel is perfect for a relaxing getaway. The hotel is beautiful, serene, has a lot of historic character, and staffed by extermely friendly and helpful professional.
A former monastery, the hotel has a cavernous brew pub which has its brewing recipe from the old monks who inhabited the place. Room 438, was quiet, a good size, the bathroom has a comfortable heated floor with separate tubs and shower. The Augustine is also a short walk away from the Charles Bridge and the Prague castle. If I have the chance to visit Prague again in the future, The Augustine Hotel would be high on my list as my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I was worried at first, when I read about a review here on Tripadvisor that said the room was noisy...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles A
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Good: Property is quite charming and well decorated, its very modern and pleasant when you enter. The bathrooms are very nice and spacious and even the room is well sized. Decently located, near Prague castle, but across Charles Bridge from the old town - so a little far from all the action.
Bad: The service is pretty awful - our AC never worked. We asked them to fix it 5 times and they never did. They'd send someone up to check it out, and then they'd say it was fixed but it never did get fixed. We just had to make our peace with it. The concierge - really didn't know much. Tripadvisor was a much better concierge service! They only recommended a couple of fancy Czech restaurants, but being vegetarian we never went. We found some amazing restaurants through Tripadvisor. Even the touristy stuff - really, they weren't much of a help.
I would waste my money on this hotel in future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nirbhay K
Matej V, Manager at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with the TripAdvisor.

I regret to learn that we at The Augustine did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience into detail at your earliest convenience.

Please kindly contact me directly by telephone on +420 266112240 or by e-mail at the mvyskocil@augustinehotel.com.

Thank you for your time and best regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is one of the most beautiful and unusual hotels I have ever stayed in. It is an old monastery that has been converted with great love and care. The design is stunning and the rooms are so fantastic I did not want to leave. The staff is very attentive and the concierges were just terrific. The location is prime, as it is a few steps away from the Charles Bridge and yet quite quiet and secluded. We loved the breakfast buffet as everything was scrumptious and exquisitely prepared. The dining room is quite special; a sunny and glass room that works for both breakfast and the yummy dinners we enjoyed. Oh, and did I mention the beds??? Fantastic! I cannot imagine a more beautiful spot in Prague, and we felt very fortunate to stay there. Be sure to walk all around the hotel as there are architectural discoveries and art around every corner. Just a perfect and wonderful place.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the castle, you need to ask for it. We did not care, but some of you might.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JacksonHoleSkiier
Matej V, Manager at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear JacksonHoleSkiier,

can´t thank you enough for such a nice comments about your stay! We are doing our best to meet all guest needs, wishes and requirements and your comments is showing us that we are going the right direction.

So again thank you and looking forward to welcome you soon back at The Augustine!

With best regards from sunny Prague

Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hotel is just an unusual place because it was once a monastery but now it is a modern and great hotel. Such character cannot be found everywhere. The staff is always going way out of their way to be helpful, the rooms are lovely, the spa is relaxing, the breakfast is very good and the location cannot be beat. I would highly recommend this hotel in the beautiful city of Prague.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaChicago_IL
Dear Lisa,

thank you for your kind words about your stay at The Augustine! We are very happy to learn how you enjoyed your stay with us. All our team is here for you in the unique ambiance of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you or your family back in the future with us!

Thank you!