“Awesome Spa experience, unfriendly hotel receptionist”

Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #35 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went here for a massage treatment as their Spa is rated as one of the best in Prague according to tripadvisor. And yes,....it is great indeed. It is not cheap, about € 100,- for an hour, but the staff, the facilities and the treatment were so good that it was worth it.
Unfortunately the lady at the front office was much less friendly as her male colleagues at the Spa ( Tip for the management: Mahmoud at the Spa welcome desk is a treasure for your company ! ). When I wanted to pay, the creditcardmachine in the Spa did not work so I had to pay at the reception of the hotel. There the lady at the reception was being rather nasty to her spa colleague and made him go back to the Spa to look for my invoice before she wanted to accept my creditcard. While waiting on all this, I asked for the wifi code of the hotel so I could do some things on my phone inbetween. The lady said that wifi was only free for the guests. I said that I was just about to pay 2700.- crownes for a massage, so this made me also a guest,...-;). She refused and advised me to go to the bar and ask the bartender for a free wifi ticket. This hotel is part of the network of Leading Hotels of the World,......well....there is some work to do on educating staff here. Secondly is incredible that every Starbucks around the corner offers free wifi and in this 5 star deluxe property they want to make you pay for Wifi ?!
I was in tne Four Seasons the day before and the customer service there is really of a different level.
I would like to emphasize that my comments concern the rather uninterested and unwilling front office staff. The Spa staff could not have been friendlier and are great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Erwin V

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hello,

We stayed 3 days for NYE 2013/2014, the Augsutine is a small luxury hotel. The have AUDI A8 for the hotel guests, fair price and good service.
Decoration is amazing very very luxurious. Details everywhere you go. Location perfect for visits.
The room was nice but nothing crazy, the bathroom was really nice, big, floor heating, bath + shower. No payperview so they had to install a DVD player in the room.
Amazing breakfast, you can have basically whatever you want. Service is really nice also, the people working there are efficient.
Room service took a bit of time. Spa was a great experience.
I'm a serious traveller doing 40 to 50 nights a year in the best chains, hotels and palaces. This one is a serious hotel. ++++

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rorostar
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was an incredible experience! Everything in this hotel is just right, can ´t think of one detail being wrong! Rooms are great with spectacular view over the roofs of Prague, service within the entire hotel super friendly and personal, food absolutelly amazing(just little bit more expensive).
This hotel is not part of any hotel chain and that is the way I like it, since the staff approach is very natural and they give their personal best. So if you want to spoil yourself, go to The Augustin!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow for the money you spend, you would expect a better experience. First off, no one showed you around the spa, they told you you could use the services I.e.???? What a gym and shower? I was looking for a sauna or tub, didn't find any through the hundreds of doors that led to nowhere.

But enough of that I went for a Manipuri massage and vitamin c facial. I wanted a hot stone to loosen up the kinks in my neck and back from traveling, but was assured by the therapist the Manipuri was a better massage (massage and energy work), so I agreed. Should have stayed with the hot stone. Still have kinks in my neck and the facial was so so. I don't notice a difference at all. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: The bar service and food was good. If you are looking for a light snack and drink with good service...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel 2 weeks ago during the Christmas Markets and had a fantastic experience. Everything exceeded our expectations from the car service from/to the airport and around town, friendly check-in, complementary room upgrade, incredible concierge (Jan and Brigeta) services, efficient housekeeping, delicious food and amazing restaurant service (including a trainee in the bar who went well beyond good service to assist us in our sampling of a variety of local drinks), perfect location within walking distance of all the attractions, and the dark beer mentioned in previous reviews. We had read some of the negative reviews on this site and were frankly concerned, but there was never a single negative incident( the only issue was the twin mattresses over a king bed- we were moved to a room with a king mattress immediately upon our request). EVERY single staff member was excellent. This hotel is what you expect from a world-class facility and Prague is an enchanting city that we hope to see again and The Augustine is definitely where we will stay. Randy M.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed at the Augustine for 4 nights with my husband. One of the best hotels we have stayed. The service is excellent. The hotel Elegantes restaurant is a must. Most attentive waitstaff. Food unbelievable. M&PSha

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel is located just few steps from Charles Bridge in a quite place. I had a courtyard view room so I even did not hear noises coming from the trams passing by the place. The service is examlpary and I would say very warm! The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good. Along with the small buffet they have very good a la cart choice as well. Food is delicious. I do recommend the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013