“Probably Better Hotels in Prague”

Ranked #159 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Woodland Hills, CA
“Probably Better Hotels in Prague”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Rooms are decent and clean and most of the staff seemed very willing to please. Breakfast choice is typical American, and for a lot less $$, one can do much better with a 10 min walk.
I just think there are probably better choices in Prague.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear KGross818,

Thank you very much for your review.

I truly regret you did not enjoy the stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to the fullest. Perhaps the decor of Sheraton was not up to your expectations, although we believe the Sheraton signature service we provide creates an unforgettable memories.
Regarding the breakfast, we provide Sheraton standard breakfast which is even enhanced by the bio-corner created by our Executive Chef providing the healthy options and local food items. The price reflects the quality and service of our hotel category and it is competitive with five star hotels in Prague.
If you would like to discuss any further aspects of your stay, it would be my pleasure if you contact me personally.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Sheraton Prague is a decent 5-star hotel close to the downtown of Prague. If you come to town for business or you are a high-end city-breaker you'll like this hotel.
It is far enough from the buzz of Prague but close enough to be a comfortable starting point for sightseeing.
The hotel itself is a bit smaller than what you might expect from the pictures and the street it is located in is a bit run-down. Interior is nice, breakfast is decent, the whole building is clean and the bed is the most comfortable you'll test in your life.
You might expect a bit more glitter from Sheraton, from 5 stars, from Prague - but don't get overly anxious: this one is a nice hotel, you won't be disappointed by.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karesz87,

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is designed by strict brand concept guidelines. Here in Prague we transformed the 19th century building into a modern Sheraton design with all signature programs of Sheraton.
This gives our guests the touch with the history and old charm of Prague. We wanted to create a feeling of home away from home. A feeling, that our guests belong.

The hotel is located on Zitna street – a true edge of an Old Town and a New Town of Prague, just few steps from the main touristic attractions.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely hope to be given a chance to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Broadstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Staff very helpful, friendly and efficient. Bed extremely comfortable but surprised that the extra bed was just a sofa bed. Great location for exploring Prague on foot or by tram. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear 416Spitfire8,

Let me thank you for for feedback.

For guests´ comfort, we provide two types of additional beds. Either a pull-out sofa or the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper extra bed, both very comfortable and reflecting the Sheraton brand standards with guests on mind.
Depending in what room category you reserve and the space in the room, we provide the suitable option for the extra person in the room as we would like to guarantee a maximum comfort during the stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

USA
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is located close to the downtown area, but not where most of the tourism is, which is the Old Town area. But that is a quick taxi ride to the Old Town where there is so much to see and do. The hotel is very nice, newer and well maintained. Nice rooms and bathrooms. Comfortable Sweet Sleeper beds and well equipped gym and full service restaurant. Free Breakfast for Platinum Members such as myself. This is really a great hotel and very easy to get around the city in a taxi and close enough to everything should you choose to walk around the downtown area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Larry8241,

Thank you very much for posting your review online and being our valuable Elitie tier SPG Platinum member.

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, as being a brand standard specially designed mattress gives our guests an unforgettable comfort and a great sleep after a long day of sightseeing or work.

Let me know of you arrival for the next stay with us, it would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Director od Sales and Marketing
Munich
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed last weekend for a 4 days, i wasn't expecting much in the beginning but honestly i feel satisfied with this hotel. We got upgrade room and staff personal are quite helpful. Room are nice and clean. Valet parking are good. Well, let say, its not the closest hotel to the downtown but in the other hand we don't have tourist crowd surround. Walking distance to the downtown about 15 min or you could take tram. Not much to see surround hotel and quite shabby....but nothing to do with the hotel though. In the end i must say, that was quite good stay here by Sheraton Prague

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guritna,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for staying with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

The location, as you mentioned is just minutes from the main attractions and one can still enjoy the benefit of being spared of the biggest crowds. Public transportations system is one of the most advanced in Europe.
The guests who do not feel like walking have the option to take a tram or tube, located 5 minutes from the hotel.

I am really glad you enjoyd the accomodation, as we want to make sure all guests feel as they belong.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regads,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Dingy, beaten up, dust-filled--this place is not super dirty, but otherwise it's fairly awful. We are SPG gold, and even with our upgrade the room we stayed in was an austere white box with scuffed up walls, chipped old furniture, and dirty, a sad interior view, and many sticky surfaces. What a disappointment. Even though we are loyal SPGers, had I known what a bummer this place would be, I would have gone out of my way to stay somewhere else.

Oh, and did I mention that this place is in the red light district and next door a strip club? (They were advertising their "lesbo show" while we were in town. Stay classy, Sheraton.) The staff were actually lovely and very helpful, but nothing can make up for the tragic little room and its sad location. If we had been in town longer, we would have moved elsewhere. I'm a bit shocked that SPG has a property like this on its roster. Think twice (or three--or maybe four times) before booking at this sad little place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Corie R
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Corie R,

Thank you very much for your review.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a New Town of Prague. As we believe, this gives our valuable guests a great opportunity to be just few steps from the various attractions Prague has to offer, and still be spared of the biggest touristic crowds. Zitna street, where the hotel is located, is deffinitely not a red light district. However, as other major European cities, Prague offers a wide selection of places to visit and services. There is one dance night club next to the hotel and they put up an inappropriate signage at the entrance door, however our General Manager resolved this matter with the owners and they downscaled it. I can ensure you that this bar is a harmless bar and we did not experienced any issues disturbing our guests stays.

Let me mention, cleanliness is one of the aspects we take the most effort on, as a spotlessly clean guest rooms and public spaces are our priority. Kindly note we received a 100% cleanliness rating on our internal audit, therefore I was very much concerned to read about your experience. As we do not receive negative comments on cleanliness, I would be happy to discuss any further aspects of your stay via an email.

I cordially hope to be given a chance to restore our reputation and your trust to Sheraton Hotels and Resorts on you future stay with us.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good part: the hotel is located at walking distance (about 15-20 min) from the downtown. The room was large for European standards and it was very well kept. The staff was nice when checked in.

Now the bad part: My wife had a medical emergency and when we walked to the lobby at midnight to ask for help, they said they didn't have a doctor in place. Then I asked for an ambulance and I was surprised when the guy started to show me IN A MAP where I could walk to get an ambulance. I said my wife was not able to walk there and that I needed him to call a an ambulance. Just then he realized it was an emergency, even if my wife was across the hall sitting in a chair in pain.

I think the staff needs to be better trained to handle medical emergencies. I would have expected better support from a Sheraton. I was really disappointed and all the pros I mentioned before were forgotten after that.

Also, don't get the club deal. They say it includes breakfast and all day long drinks and food. The reality is that the quality and variety of food and drinks available is very questionable. The club lounge was also unnatended most of the time.

All in all, probably one of my worst experiences in a Sheraton.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ViajeroPractico
Dear ViajeroPractico,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feedback on a recent stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Let me express my sincere empathy on the unfortunate medical situation. I can very much understand, how frustrating this must have been, especially when you were in a foreign country, out of your home. Kindly note we invest a lot of energy and focus on trainings, as all of our team members are continuously going through an intensive Service Culture trainings to provide the level of customer service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World. As I believe, my colleague has offered what seemed to bet he best option and did not clearly understand the gravity of the situation at first sight. Once again, I trully regret this unexpected thing overshadowed the experience of a great hospitality of my Front Office colleagues.

Sheraton Club is an exclusive place to relax, work, enjoy a glass of wine or stay connected with family while on a trip. It provides a complimentary continental breakfast, snacks during a day and selection of beverages, while hors d'oeuvres during 6pm – 8pm provides variety of hot and cold buffet dishes specially selected by our Executive Chef.

I hope to be given a chance to welcome you back soon, as we would like to restore our reputation of the warm Sheraton signature service.

Wish you a wonderful day,