“Hospitality with a capital H!”

Ranked #158 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were a bit concerned when we read reviews about the location of this hotel, but we need not have worried. There is a seedy club next door but it certainly had no impact on our weekend. The hotel is very well located, we walked everywhere!
On arrival we were upgraded to an excellent suite with a bathroom to die for! The concierge made some excellent restaurant recommendations, particularly the Blue Duckling, and the reception staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was a treat as there was plenty to choose from and continued until late morning.
We would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return there soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aokane
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear aokane,

That is an amazing review you bestowed us upon! Thank you very much for that.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center, which as in other major cities, is the area of various businesses and services.

The gentleman club on a street never was any cause of troubles.

Hope to see you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am dissapointed with Sheraton in Prague. I love this city and I like Sheraton chain. But from the very beginning there was something strange in this hotel.

I booked junior suite, which usually are nice located spacey rooms. Additionally as a frequent guest I am used to upgrades, which at least give me better view. The room I got this time was dark and had blank windows (glad was white, see the picture). So not only I had zero view but I felt like in the basement.

The bathroom was narrow and to be honest not very properly cleaned. On top of it the shower was set up in a way, that after starting it for the first time cold water went directly outside the bath on my head.

The hotel is situated in a nice old building. But space arrangement inside is little strange. My room was between floors, breakfast room was divided into two smaller rooms, one o which is the part of lobby. And elevator was hidden behind the bar little strage.

And last but not least the breakfast was over-priced for why it was, good but nothing to write home about for 30USD....

So my first impression is far from usual Sheraton 4star one. I am visiting Prague quite often, so I might be back and change my mind, but today I am not ready for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Mike D

Dear Mike D,

I would like to thank you for your review.

It has been a great pleasure to have you as a frequent traveler with us.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is placed in an historical building from 19th century and we are glad to provide the unique blend of history with a modern design.

As I would like to restore the reputation and to win your heart for Sheraton back, I would be happy to welcome you on your future stay and make sure this stay is spotless.

Wish you an amazing day,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is technically very good, well appointed, nice rooms, restaurant and bar. Resonably priced so good value, a littel out of the way but thats fine. Unfortunately the staff are rude, obnoxious and generally dont have a service mind. One example of many. I came down the nice lobby bar, great atmosphere, ordered a wine and sat down to do my emails as you do. Well the WIFI didnt work on my laptop for some reason. Asked the bar staff for help and was bluntly and coldy told sorry you need to go to reception. Of course I pushed for them to have reception come to me. Reception comes, no smile, annoyed look. Without greeting or checking the settings on my computer, receptionist says "your computer is wrong, sorry cant help you" Enough said...Sheraton if you want to play in the 5 star league you need to do better than that. You can have the finest hotel rooms, food, wine, glassware and crockery but without the warmth of professional hospitality you have no heart and therefore no chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Klokani

Dear Klokani,

Thank you for posting your review online.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us, however, I was shocked to read of your comment on staff behavior.

All of our team members are continuously going through an extensive Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World. If you would like to share with me some additional comments or discuss the matter further, please do contact me personally.

With the best regards,

General Manger

Reviewed November 22, 2013

On one of my regular Business trips to Czech but this time I took my Wife(had been promising Her this for years) I normally stay in the Old town but with taking some vacation while on this trip, I had to be careful with costs as I could not expect the company to fund this.
I chose the Sheraton which was 50- 70%% less than the Marriott/Hilton where I normally stay.

The location is very good and the Sheraton is a 10 minute walk into the Old town and if you wish you can get a tram ride in which will take minutes - we did both.

Reception /check in was very professional and helpful. The hotel has been refurbished from an older building and has been tastefully done. We stayed in a room at the back of the Hotel which was very quiet. Part of the cost was Breakfast which had everything you needed and was very relaxed.

I always enjoy Prague and will continue to visit frequently. This Hotel is certainly much better value for money than a lot of the 5* Hotels located in the Old town and as such will be at the top of my list for accommodation on my return visit.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the rear if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AGR77

Dear AGR77,

Let me thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I am really glad you and your wife enjoyed the stay with us and we succeeded to make it an exceptional one.

As you are a regular traveler to Czech Republic, make sure to keep me updated of your future stay with us. I would love to welcome you back personally.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Generally pleasant staff all around, smooth throughout a weekend stay. Disappointed I wasn't offered an upgraded room; especially considering this stay triggered me to the SPG Gold status. Standard room is small, but adequate for short solo stays.

Pro
Newly renovated and still immaculate.
One of the best standard hotel showers EVER! You will not be disappointed.

Con
Prague is small enough that you can walk anywhere, but you also don't want to spend extra 15-20min each time out and it is not even a scenic walk. Nothing interesting in New Town and east of Zitna is a bit “Shady”. If you do need the metro, go for Karlovo Namesti (<5min) or Mustek (~10min), avoid Muzeum (east of Zitna)

Would recommend for Business. Not for tourists/Holidays

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Kenneth712,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor and staying with us.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a New Town of Prague, which, as believe, gives our guests the advantage of being just few steps away from the main tourist attractions and still be spared of the main crowds.

I am glad you enjoyed our SPG floor room and it is my great pleasure to welcome you to an Elite SPG tier status!

Wish you many amazing stays in Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here because my husband had a business meeting at the Sheraton. It is near nothing, on a street next to a strip club. There are so many better located choices for the same price in Prague.

That said, the bed was good, the people who worked there could not have been nicer or more helpful, and the breakfast was terrific- made to order omelets, lot of fruits and meats. If only the Hotel could pick itself up and move elsewhere in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows that opens.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear PamieP,

Allow me to thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad you our team members succeeded to make your stay an exceptional one.

Due to security reasons, windows can´t be opened all the way to maximum angle, however, our powerful ventilation systems guarantees a nice fresh air in all guest rooms.

If your trips ever bring you back to Prague, it would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Prague and loved my stay. The hotel lobby is a little different than most hotels, however the room in the SPG floor were absolutely beautiful and new.
Totally recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Prague. Enjoy it !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alexmurillo

Dear alexmurillo,

I would like to thank you for your wondeful feedback and for taking time sharing it on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,