“Good Hotel but has no heart”

Ranked #155 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is technically very good, well appointed, nice rooms, restaurant and bar. Resonably priced so good value, a littel out of the way but thats fine. Unfortunately the staff are rude, obnoxious and generally dont have a service mind. One example of many. I came down the nice lobby bar, great atmosphere, ordered a wine and sat down to do my emails as you do. Well the WIFI didnt work on my laptop for some reason. Asked the bar staff for help and was bluntly and coldy told sorry you need to go to reception. Of course I pushed for them to have reception come to me. Reception comes, no smile, annoyed look. Without greeting or checking the settings on my computer, receptionist says "your computer is wrong, sorry cant help you" Enough said...Sheraton if you want to play in the 5 star league you need to do better than that. You can have the finest hotel rooms, food, wine, glassware and crockery but without the warmth of professional hospitality you have no heart and therefore no chance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Klokani
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Klokani,

Thank you for posting your review online.

I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us, however, I was shocked to read of your comment on staff behavior.

All of our team members are continuously going through an extensive Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World. If you would like to share with me some additional comments or discuss the matter further, please do contact me personally.

With the best regards,

General Manger

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Reviewed November 22, 2013

On one of my regular Business trips to Czech but this time I took my Wife(had been promising Her this for years) I normally stay in the Old town but with taking some vacation while on this trip, I had to be careful with costs as I could not expect the company to fund this.
I chose the Sheraton which was 50- 70%% less than the Marriott/Hilton where I normally stay.

The location is very good and the Sheraton is a 10 minute walk into the Old town and if you wish you can get a tram ride in which will take minutes - we did both.

Reception /check in was very professional and helpful. The hotel has been refurbished from an older building and has been tastefully done. We stayed in a room at the back of the Hotel which was very quiet. Part of the cost was Breakfast which had everything you needed and was very relaxed.

I always enjoy Prague and will continue to visit frequently. This Hotel is certainly much better value for money than a lot of the 5* Hotels located in the Old town and as such will be at the top of my list for accommodation on my return visit.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the rear if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AGR77

Dear AGR77,

Let me thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I am really glad you and your wife enjoyed the stay with us and we succeeded to make it an exceptional one.

As you are a regular traveler to Czech Republic, make sure to keep me updated of your future stay with us. I would love to welcome you back personally.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Generally pleasant staff all around, smooth throughout a weekend stay. Disappointed I wasn't offered an upgraded room; especially considering this stay triggered me to the SPG Gold status. Standard room is small, but adequate for short solo stays.

Pro
Newly renovated and still immaculate.
One of the best standard hotel showers EVER! You will not be disappointed.

Con
Prague is small enough that you can walk anywhere, but you also don't want to spend extra 15-20min each time out and it is not even a scenic walk. Nothing interesting in New Town and east of Zitna is a bit “Shady”. If you do need the metro, go for Karlovo Namesti (<5min) or Mustek (~10min), avoid Muzeum (east of Zitna)

Would recommend for Business. Not for tourists/Holidays

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Kenneth712,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor and staying with us.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a New Town of Prague, which, as believe, gives our guests the advantage of being just few steps away from the main tourist attractions and still be spared of the main crowds.

I am glad you enjoyed our SPG floor room and it is my great pleasure to welcome you to an Elite SPG tier status!

Wish you many amazing stays in Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here because my husband had a business meeting at the Sheraton. It is near nothing, on a street next to a strip club. There are so many better located choices for the same price in Prague.

That said, the bed was good, the people who worked there could not have been nicer or more helpful, and the breakfast was terrific- made to order omelets, lot of fruits and meats. If only the Hotel could pick itself up and move elsewhere in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows that opens.

Dear PamieP,

Allow me to thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad you our team members succeeded to make your stay an exceptional one.

Due to security reasons, windows can´t be opened all the way to maximum angle, however, our powerful ventilation systems guarantees a nice fresh air in all guest rooms.

If your trips ever bring you back to Prague, it would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Prague and loved my stay. The hotel lobby is a little different than most hotels, however the room in the SPG floor were absolutely beautiful and new.
Totally recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Prague. Enjoy it !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alexmurillo

Dear alexmurillo,

I would like to thank you for your wondeful feedback and for taking time sharing it on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Its basically a grand old house on a busy street that has been converted into a hotel. The location is okay. You can walk to the old town in 15-20 minutes.There are no views unless you are on the roof. There is no wow factor, but its a reasonable standard Sheraton hotel. The room I had was on the 6th floor and was comfortable enough. I had breakfast and lunch in the hotel. I ate dinner outside. If you walk about 500m you can find some local bars but many places of course cater for tourists. The hotel has a small bar and restaraunt, it does get busy at breakfast time but he selection is okay. I would not stay here with my wife for a romantic weekend but as a business hotel its fine.

Room Tip: rooms facing the courtyard are quiter

Dear SAJR88,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

We are located in a very heart of a New Town of Prague, which most of our guests find very convenient for both business and leisure travels.

I would be most happy to welcome you back.

Wish you an amazing day,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed there for 10 nights on business - a really good hotel in my opinion. Friendly staff, check-in & check-out was as smooth as I could possibly ask for. Good room, good breakfast (although the same choice every morning) with friendly staff. Would I stay there again? YES. Would I recommend it to friends & colleagues? Of course!
Fairly centrally located, not too far to the nearest tram stop or metro station - and one stop further you're very close to the old town square.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Boca_Culebra,

I would like to express my deepest appreciations for your wonderful feedback.

Please, accept my cordial thanks and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.