“Great Starwood in Prague”

Ranked #149 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Sheraton is close the main station and has great service. The accommodations were great and staff were very nice. They even brought my children milk and cookies the first night. Upgraded us to a suite which was very nice for the kids. Location is about 10 min walk from central square which is great since it located near many local restaurants and away from all the tourists. Provided late checkout which was convenient. As a SPG Platinum they took care of us and the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tvterror
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear tvterror,

Thank you for this amazing review on Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

I am really glad we met and exceeded your expectations and – hopefully – created an unforgettable experience.

Wish you a wondeful day,

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is beautiful with a really fun bar and great restaurant BUT the best feature is the excellent staff! The entire hotel staff: Club Lounge, Restaurants, Bell Desk, Car Service, Laundry, Front Office and especially the concierge provided wonderful, attentive customer service and hospitality during our stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Each time we asked for assistance or advice we had friendly and helpful staff provide great support right away. I hosted a dinner for 8 at the hotel restaurant and the dinner was delicious and the service provided by Tomas, our waiter, was perfect.

I have been very lucky to travel so some of the world's most beautiful cities, such as London, Hong Kong, Zurich, Paris, Rome, Montreal, Florence, New Delhi, Madrid, Sydney, Copenhagen, Cairo, New York and San Francisco and I have to say that I have a new favorite city: Prague. The beautiful sights, proud history and friendly people exceeded my expectations in every way and I have been telling everyone who I meet these days how wonderful Prague is and that they MUST visit and stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary S,

I don´t think I could be more thankful for this review.

We deeply focus on a continuous development and all of our team members are regularly going through a Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our guests are used to from all over the World.

We believe it is our associates who make all the difference.

Let me take this opportunity to share your feedback with involved associates´ managers.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

the sheraton prague is a perfect hotel when visiting the city. it is within easy walking distance old town and charles bridge. members of the management team we're in the lobby all day long to assist customers. The hotel restaurant is extremely good and don't forget to go up on the roof and see the outstanding view.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Travelingmike1091,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!

Make sure to let me know of your future stays. I´d be honored to welcome you personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is a nice enough hotel to stay at while in Prague, but I think I would prefer the location of many of the others offered at this price and level. The Sheraton is a bit farther away from the main sites. Furthermore, it is right next two establishments which may make folks with families or those who don’t enjoy ladies-of-the-night prancing within feet of the front door to want to reconsider a stay here. I didn’t mind, but it is not just that there is a strip club next door to the hotel. There is also a small doorway, open 24 hours a day, next to the strip club- a separate establishment- which advertises 15 rooms with women available to meet your every need in private 24 hours a day. Later in the evening, you will find some of the women standing in the doorway. It did not impact us, but it would definitely matter to some travelers. Many of the other streets coming off Wenceslas Square, in the direction of the hotel have similar subtle establishments – sometimes advertised with red lighting, sometimes not. The ladies are advertisement enough.

The hotel itself is adequate. Rooms are on the very small side, but impeccably clean. The beds are some of the absolute best I have slept on in Europe – really on par with Four Seasons or better. Great linens, average pillows, generally quiet rooms. Bathrooms were very clean and I liked the gold tile backsplash touch. They were also impeccably clean - housekeeping does an amazing job. However the glass panel acting as ‘shower curtain’ was absolutely too small in this hotel, as is the case in 50% of European establishments. If you take a shower, the whole of the bathroom floor floods. The solution is to only use the hand-held shower or take baths.

The staff was very helpful to us and very friendly, but wait times at the desk downstairs were sometimes way too long.

Altogether a nice choice. Nothing too exciting, but nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Matarsak Z,

Thanky you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a new part of Prague. This gives our guests the advantage of being just few steps from the main touristic attractions and still spared the biggest crowds.

The gentlemen´s bar next door is a harmless place with no impact on our guests whatsoever and we never experienced any troubles.

Your feedback on cleanliness makes me really proud. In fact, an internal audit has rated us top numbers on all aspects.

Wish you a wonderful day,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I just finished a 5 night stay at this hotel from Aug 2nd-7th on my SPG points. The one thing I would say that really stands out was the top notch service while the hotel is about average with what you get for a Sheraton in Europe. Back to the service... I had emailed the hotel in advance that is was a special vacation for me and my girlfriend and although I got no response back but we both surprised with a bottle of champagne and strawberries after check in. A very nice touch. Throughout our stay service was excellent, although I had 2 small negatives. Their own service to the airport in a nicer car is $950 CZK as opposed to a regular taxi at about $750 CZK, they could at least offered the cheaper option. At check out they had some "mini bar charges' on the bill which where not accurate ... this scam is common in many hotels. A little dis-pointed to see that but it not marr and great stay and experience at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square.

The location although a 15 minute walk from the very touristy "Old Town", the prices in the restaurants were cheaper in the local neighborhood around the hotel, while the service and meals quality was much better then what you will get where the crowds are. Our pick was a Rispetto Cafe was is a 5 minute walk from the hotel as we ate their twice. Excellent service and food at 1/2 the price compared to Old Town places we went too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Rishiboy,

Let me thank you sincerely for your sharing your feedback.

I am happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed the amenities we arranged for you, as we understood this was a special trip for you.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel provides Mercedes E Class car transportation for the price reflecting the level of service we provide.

Please accept my apology, if your billing needed some adjustment. Minibar charges are being posted by an in-room television. Let me assure you we did not try to scam you or any other guests and this is not a standard occurrence.

Wish you a wonderful day,

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed here and reviewed this hotel once before.

I have been in and seen most of the other 4 and 5 star hotels here in Prague, but the one thing that never seems to match up to the Sheraton is the overall Service, and accommodations.

The General Manager Mr Egger and his staff take great pride in the hotel, and care of their guests. On almost every occasion, I personally saw or walked past him and his staff greeting individuals and groups.

The room service was impeccable, the food was always hot, and the service was amazing. Though I don't remember his name, there is a room service host that's a spark plug, always happy always on time always the right order and always quick. Try to say that about any other hotel here. ( hard to do )

I used the gym and spa. There is a nice gym by European standards, and a nice spa, had a great massage, by a therapist who asked all the right questions and worked out all the travel kinks.

The lobby seems to be a favorite place to congregate. It spacious, but useful. With a bank of computers that's a favorite. A restaurant, and a nice little bar tucked away off the side, out of view of the lobby. There are meeting rooms as any hotel might have and this seems to be a favorite of business meetings as well.

The hotel is close to everything from city centre to the square, Charles bridge to old town. It's a nice walk, in a safe area, or a quick cab ride. If you don't absolutely need to have a car, this is the place to stay. ( parking in the city is difficult at best. )

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear AARDVARKILLER,

I can´t thank you enough for this splendid review.

It is wonderful to know all the effort pays back in a form of loyal and satisfied customers. We deeply focus on Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our guests are used to from all over the World and after all – it is our associates that make the difference.

Let me express once again how much I appreciate your kind words.

Hope to see you soon in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had one of my best experiences in this hotel!:) My visit there was short (August 3rd-5th), but extremely remarkable. The 2-level apartment (room 605) was an awesome place to chill out. And even though we didn’t have a great view through the window, I didn’t care- bed was extremely comfortable and loved the shower!! I am really tall and I was able to fit in an take a shower without getting myself into awkward positions:) Reception- kind and very helpful! Always found time to help you out with a smile on their faces:) Fitness Club- well done…treadmills, free weights, kettleballs, little place for stretching, everything you need to get a good workout:) Club lounge- I miss this place the most!! Service- top notch!! Snacks- tasty, especially almonds and 'white' cookies:) Special thanks to one of the lounge supervisors- Karim Moustafa…He is the main reason why I would choose this hotel once again(!!!)…Always helpful, caring, friendly…he is a really unique individual and Sheraton should be thankful to have a worker like him!!! (example- while leaving the lounge I hit one of the chairs in a very unfortunate way…I ‘kinda’ broke my smallest toe, my friends didn’t know what to do and Karim was the only one who reacted and helped me out)…He MAKES a difference in this hotel, and cares about the customers a lot!!!:) Rooftop- amazing place to sit at night and have a little time in peace:) great view of the city and bar over there is open til 11pm (which is sad, cause during the summer I think it should be longer), the only thing I didn’t like is that I had to go all the way down taking the elevator from the 6th floor (room 605), walk through the reception area to another elevator that actually takes you to the rooftop (8th floor)…I didn’t mind doing it, it just felt weird :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sylwia Z,

WOW! What an amazing feedback on Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

I am so glad and thrilled we have succeeded to create your wonderful memories.

Let me take the liberty of forwarding your review to the whole management team to spread your praises.

Make sure to keep me informed of your future stay – I will be delighted to welcome you back personally.

Warmest regards,