“Good Hotel - Bad Location”

Ranked #156 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Orlando, Florida
“Good Hotel - Bad Location”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton in Prague with my husband last week and although I liked the hotel itself, I realy disliked the location. It is true the "red pussy cat" strip club is just next door, but this did not bother me as it was quiet and I did not see any movement. What really did bother me was the location of the hotel. There is nothing really close by and anything you want to do requires a 15 minutes walk. It would be very nice to be close to the historic atractions. For that reason only, I would not recomend this hotel to other travellers. Why Sheraton has a hotel in such a location is still a mistery to me. Pitty...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear shs_orlando,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to express my appreciations for commenting on hotel stay.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of a new part of Prague, which gives our guests an opportunity to reach all attractions within just few minutes.

Let us know, if your travels bring you back to Prague.

General Manager,
Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton and I can honestly say it's a great hotel and believe me I'm hard to please.

Checking into the hotel was a breeze it took 5 minutes, and our room was ready even through it was only 1130 when we arrived. Our room was very clean, and comfortable. We had a room in the inner courtyard and it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well.

In previous reviews negative comments were made about the club next door. This club is not an issue, no noise, no posters etc. You wouldn't even know it was there if the name wasn't on the window, so don't be put off.

The breakfast was good and the chef will make you an omelette to your requirements. Restaurant staff were very helpful as well staff in reception.

The hotel is located by a park in Charles square and yes a few homeless people hang over there but if you go to any park in the Prague homeless people hang out so it's no big problem. They leave you alone unlike other countries.

It's an easy 15 minute walk into the city centre where you will find all the tourist spots, good restaurants nearby, good transport links either by tram, bus or metro which are within 5 minutes of the hotel. You can buy a 30 minute transport ticket from the hotel or walk to the tobacconist shop near the tram stop and get a day ticket which covers all transport.

Thank you so much we had a very relaxing stay at your hotel, each and every member of staff looks after you, great team work. If I ever visit Prague again I will book the Sheraton

Room Tip: Inner Courtyard was quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L T
Dear L T,

I can´t thank you enough for the amazing review you have posted.

Let me take the liberty of sharing your kind words and praises with all associates and their managers.

Make sure to keep me updated of your future stay, so we can arrange another wonderful stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Best regards,

General Manager,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night following a wedding, and after walking for 30 minutes along cobbled streets found the hotel very welcoming- ignoring the fact that right next door is a strip club called "red pussy cat" which offer a whole variety of wonders from the signs. Families with impressionable family members need not worry, as there are only drawings of a cat-woman type woman and no nudity.
The hotel staff are very welcoming, and are very helpful, even bartering with taxi drivers for us.
The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, with pillows that were the most comfortable i'd had in a long while.
The only downside to our room (314) was that the shower/bath setting had come away from the wall, but after a few tweaks, it worked fine.
The continental breakfast was around £9 for us as we had a discount card, and the buffet was £13 each. Although there didnt seem to be anyone paying attention to who was taking the buffet.
The buffet included cold meats, full-english, cheeses, many different honeys, yoghurt, breads, cereals, and a menu of cooked plates.
The jacuzzi was at a cost of 900czk per 55mins but didnt seem worth it upon inspection.
The sauna and plunge pool on the other hand was free, and very good, although it was a sheet only spa, no swim trunks allowed.
The reception staff we great- allowing us to use the computers to print off our boarding passes for our flight, all free of charge.
All in all this was a very good hotel if you can forgive the area, and with only a 15 min walk in to town, it was all we needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear IanRossiter,

Please accept my appreciations for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

It is wonderful you mentioned two of our Sheraton Brand concepts:
Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bad, which is a specially designed mattress, including covers, down feather and anti-allergic pillows, which our guests find the most comfortable, and Link@Sheraton. Brand concept social hub to provide guests with free computers, internet and printer to use to connect, because as we believe – out of town doesn’t mean out of home.

I highly value your comment on the area. The bar in building on a street has never been cause of any issues and as you mentioned, there is nothing to be offended about.

Once again, thank you for your comment and if life brings you back to Prague, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I were in this hotel two months ago.- We are SPG members as we like the comfort that these hotels bring to his guests.- As in almost all Sheratons do not expect a warm and special treatment (I have to recognize that the staff is well trained) but you can bet that the rooms (and the beds) are above the average.- The hotel is not in the middle of downtown but is very near and at walking distance you can reach the principal points of the city except the Prague Castle that a 15 minutes ride on the 22 tram will leave you at the very door of the Castle (a real "must" of Prague).- This have nothing to do with the hotel but it takes my attention the quantity of prostitution that are in this city.-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mr.RR
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Mr.RR

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback on TripAdvisor and for being loyal to Starwood Hotels.

As you mentioned in your review, the hotel is conveniently located in a very centre of a new part of Prague – not too far from all attractions, but spared from the biggest touristy crowds.

We, as all other Sheraton Hotels worldwide are proud providers of Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds – a branded mattresses concept specially designed for our guests comfort.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you once again soon.

With the best regards,

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a nice stay at the Prague Sheraton last weekend. It was our first time in Prague so we didn't know that the location was a little suspect, but it turned out to be fine. A quick walk through a park that we dubbed "crack head park" and we were at the Metro stop. Prague is an easy city to get around in, too bad we seemed to know more than the concierege at the hotel. Either way, aside from the location (right next to a brothel and afore mentioned drug Disneyland), and the unhelpful concierge, the rooms were nice, the bed was big and the shower was awesome. We'll likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank MikeMikeWilson
Dear MikeMikeWilson,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It makes me glad you had a nice stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

As in any major cities, you can find all different sorts of people, however the Charles Square Park was never cause of any troubles or security issues.

Let me also thank for a comment on our concierge. I will pass this to the relevant manager to take appropriate steps.

Wish you a great day,

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square property, centrally located in a safe part of the city. One can walk comfortably to most attractions and sights within a fifteen minute radius from the hotel. My impressions were definitely warm and inviting and the front-of-house staff cordial and hospitable. Mary Klemsa was one of the Reception staff. I found her to be charming and professional. She always had a warm smile and provided invaluable assistance to ally my questions on the city and/or the hotel.

Try the Buffet Breakfast, located off the lobby. Delicious and fulfilling!

And, last but not least, this Sheraton like all Starwood properties encourages customers like me to stay at one of the many properties worldwide for free future night stays and upgrades with the enrolled Starwood Preferred Guest program! I, for one, am glad I joined this rewards-program.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike902
Dear Mike902,

I can´t thank you enough for this amazing review you have posted!

I feel so thrilled to get to know we are doing a right thing. I will definitely pass Ms. Mary Klemsa and her manager, as well as the Breakfast associates pass your praises.

If your trips bring you back to Prague, we will be happy to welcome you back.

And by the way – Welcome to SPG program. We are proud to have another loyal customer.

Best regards,

Keystone, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Sheraton's location in New Town, but very close to Old and Lesser Towns make this a most convenient location. Prague is very walkable. And please, I believe the Sheratons you will see in Europe are heads and shoulders above any you will see in the U.S., so be careful with comparisons. Staff is well trained, as we've come to expect at Starwood properties. We didn't eat full meals at the hotel, but did take advantage of a very ample continental breakfast in the Club Room. Two evenings we used their for-hire limo to take two couples to and from dinner, a nice amenity. Our suite #308 was most comfortable with a full bath, lots of closets, sitting area and large bedroom. Internet service was acceptable, not spectacular. We couldn't get the room to cool down to sleep comfortably under a duvet. Our friends in #306 had a similar experience. All things being equal, I would have a slight preference for #306 as they had a separate shower.

Room Tip: If #306 vs. #308, opt for #306 because of the separate shower, but you won't be disappointed wit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Les80435,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your review. It is a wonderful feedback you have provided us.

We are proud our team members are deeply trained in Service Culture to make sure to provide the same level of service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World.

Let me know for the next opportunity we can make your stay a memorable one.