“Good location and a good hotel.-”

Ranked #159 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Buenos Aires
“Good location and a good hotel.-”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I were in this hotel two months ago.- We are SPG members as we like the comfort that these hotels bring to his guests.- As in almost all Sheratons do not expect a warm and special treatment (I have to recognize that the staff is well trained) but you can bet that the rooms (and the beds) are above the average.- The hotel is not in the middle of downtown but is very near and at walking distance you can reach the principal points of the city except the Prague Castle that a 15 minutes ride on the 22 tram will leave you at the very door of the Castle (a real "must" of Prague).- This have nothing to do with the hotel but it takes my attention the quantity of prostitution that are in this city.-

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mr.RR
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Mr.RR

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback on TripAdvisor and for being loyal to Starwood Hotels.

As you mentioned in your review, the hotel is conveniently located in a very centre of a new part of Prague – not too far from all attractions, but spared from the biggest touristy crowds.

We, as all other Sheraton Hotels worldwide are proud providers of Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds – a branded mattresses concept specially designed for our guests comfort.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you once again soon.

With the best regards,

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a nice stay at the Prague Sheraton last weekend. It was our first time in Prague so we didn't know that the location was a little suspect, but it turned out to be fine. A quick walk through a park that we dubbed "crack head park" and we were at the Metro stop. Prague is an easy city to get around in, too bad we seemed to know more than the concierege at the hotel. Either way, aside from the location (right next to a brothel and afore mentioned drug Disneyland), and the unhelpful concierge, the rooms were nice, the bed was big and the shower was awesome. We'll likely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank MikeMikeWilson
Dear MikeMikeWilson,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It makes me glad you had a nice stay in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

As in any major cities, you can find all different sorts of people, however the Charles Square Park was never cause of any troubles or security issues.

Let me also thank for a comment on our concierge. I will pass this to the relevant manager to take appropriate steps.

Wish you a great day,

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square property, centrally located in a safe part of the city. One can walk comfortably to most attractions and sights within a fifteen minute radius from the hotel. My impressions were definitely warm and inviting and the front-of-house staff cordial and hospitable. Mary Klemsa was one of the Reception staff. I found her to be charming and professional. She always had a warm smile and provided invaluable assistance to ally my questions on the city and/or the hotel.

Try the Buffet Breakfast, located off the lobby. Delicious and fulfilling!

And, last but not least, this Sheraton like all Starwood properties encourages customers like me to stay at one of the many properties worldwide for free future night stays and upgrades with the enrolled Starwood Preferred Guest program! I, for one, am glad I joined this rewards-program.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike902
Dear Mike902,

I can´t thank you enough for this amazing review you have posted!

I feel so thrilled to get to know we are doing a right thing. I will definitely pass Ms. Mary Klemsa and her manager, as well as the Breakfast associates pass your praises.

If your trips bring you back to Prague, we will be happy to welcome you back.

And by the way – Welcome to SPG program. We are proud to have another loyal customer.

Best regards,

Keystone, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Sheraton's location in New Town, but very close to Old and Lesser Towns make this a most convenient location. Prague is very walkable. And please, I believe the Sheratons you will see in Europe are heads and shoulders above any you will see in the U.S., so be careful with comparisons. Staff is well trained, as we've come to expect at Starwood properties. We didn't eat full meals at the hotel, but did take advantage of a very ample continental breakfast in the Club Room. Two evenings we used their for-hire limo to take two couples to and from dinner, a nice amenity. Our suite #308 was most comfortable with a full bath, lots of closets, sitting area and large bedroom. Internet service was acceptable, not spectacular. We couldn't get the room to cool down to sleep comfortably under a duvet. Our friends in #306 had a similar experience. All things being equal, I would have a slight preference for #306 as they had a separate shower.

Room Tip: If #306 vs. #308, opt for #306 because of the separate shower, but you won't be disappointed wit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Les80435,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing with us your review. It is a wonderful feedback you have provided us.

We are proud our team members are deeply trained in Service Culture to make sure to provide the same level of service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World.

Let me know for the next opportunity we can make your stay a memorable one.

Warmest regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lovely room,fully exclusive and spacious,will definitely use sheraton again.
Good location and is near to all sites in prague,not that expensive either. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Close to retaurants and old town.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kanwar A
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Kanwar A,

I am delighted and thrilled to read through your comment.

It makes me feel proud that we have made another guests´ stay an exceptional one and acquired a loyal customer.

With the best regards,

Mario Egger
Atlanta
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a tough review for me to write because it's a good hotel but only because of the location, I can't say it's great. We understood the location when we booked and using SPG points for our stay certainly makes the good outweigh the bad. Public transportation was about a 5 minute walk. We walked to Old Town daily - 15-20 minutes. We used Sheraton's car service a couple of times and it was very convenient. Like many mention, there is a seedy club next door but seemed harmless every night when we walked by. As SPG platinum, we received an upgrade to a one bedroom/2 bath suite. The room had all you would expect from a Sheraton. It was clean, rather compact, comfortable and we slept like babies. There was an outside deck with spectacular views but no furniture to sit on. I had been concerned about reviews that mentioned smoke and we had no trouble at all. The SPG club lounge was probably the best I've ever experienced. It had an excellent location right inside the front door which we made our last stop going out and first one when we returned. The breakfast was very good, sandwiches, snacks, desserts, soda's, wine, sparkling wine. We used the hotel concierge quite a bit which I don't normally do because I plan and execute myself. This woman, I believe her name was Nicole, was fantastic. She directed us to dinner our first night. Best meal & atmosphere of our entire 10 days abroad. She booked amazing box seats at the opera and actually went to the box office that morning to pick up the tickets because we were touring. That's service! We did eat in the main restaurant. The food was average and the service was cranky. The only bad service we received there. We ordered pizza from room service and it was a frozen/microwave type. My conclusion is if you get a good price, then it's worth putting up with the location. Prague was fantastic!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BPT
Dear BPT,

That is a wonderful review you have posted and I would like to thank you for that.

It is always a great pleasure to have a Platinum SPG tier member with us and I am happy we succeeded to make your stay enjoyable.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is located in a very center of “Nove Mesto” – the new part of Prague, which is just few minutes walk to “Stare Mesto” – A historical part. We believe this gives our guests an opportunity to be little bit away of the main touristy crowd, while being able to reach all sights in just a while.

Let me forward your kind words to managers of departments mentioned, to share with their teams.

Wish you a wonderful day,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I usually don't read reviews before going to an hotel or booking, but after reading a couple of negative reviews on this hotel before leaving for Prague i was a bit concerned! I was pleasently surprise to arrive on a friday afternoon, to an hotel within walking distance of the old town, and most of the sights, yes there is a gentlemen club next to it, but unless you go in, there is nothing to be offended about it, I had read complaints about noise from the club next door, and was expecting some noise,but again nothing to declare, no noise, and no disturbance from it. Rooms are newish and clean, the lounge is adequate, and if you have an SPG status, internet is free. All in all very good hotel and good location if you are willing to do some exercise on your vacation.

Room Tip: duplex suites are great and rooms facing the courtyard are nice too!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maxMontreal_Canada,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write the review.

Complimentary Internet access is provided to all Platinum SPG Tier members, or Gold SPG Tier members if they choose so as their welcome amenity.

You are perfectly correct about the gentlemen club on a street. Unless anyone enters, there is nothing to be offended about, as this place was never any cause of troubles.

I am delighted you were overall satisfied with your stay and service we provide.

Warmest regards,