“Great stay!”

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
Ranked #156 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Great stay!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

just recently stayed at the Sheraton Prague for 3 nights. I am an experienced world traveler and have stayed at many hotels throughout the world. I thought that the value I received for my money was great. Room was fairly priced and the food was excellent. The room was very comfortable, especially the Sweet Sleeper bed. The staff extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel appreciated as a guest. Expectation exceeded.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mohsin2013
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mohsin2013,

Please accept my deep appreciations for the marvelous review of your recent stay.

I would be delighted to welcome you back on your next trip.

Mario Egger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The service in this hotel is just excellent. Concierge, breakfast, hotel transfer... The staff was always extremely kind, fast and helpful.
When checking in, I realised that my reservation was wrongly made for more nights that I actually needed... No problem, everything was solved in a couple of minutes.

Definitely will come back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank fumina
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Fumina,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Once again, I am thrilled to see we have made another traveler satisfied.

Please, let us know when we can arrange for you another great stay.

Have a wonderful day,

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed May 13, 2013

About a 10 minute walk from the main square and the old town, this Sheraton is well-located, clean and has a very friendly staff. The breakfast was overpriced, so we walked down the street (maybe 5 minutes) to Cafe Colore, where we had a fabulous breakfast. The room wasn't that big (we paid for this on Star Points, and as Gold members are used to a bit more of an upgrade during the off-season), but the bed was comfy and our room was quiet. The bar was nice (if overpriced --- drinks in Prague are drastically cheaper if you walk in any direction). Overall, we had a pleasant stay for the 5 days we were there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ecotait,

It is a wonderful feeling, we have made your stay pleasant. I would like to thank you for letting us know your feedback.

Due to the fact, Prague is one of the cities beautiful in each period of a year, there is not much of an off-season. We always make sure to allocate Gold tier SPG members to best enhanced rooms available.

Once again, thank you very much and hope to see you next time in Prague.

Best regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 5 days and our stay included breakfast. The buffet was terrific, really, there was something for everyone. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We arrive too early to check into our room but we were able to shower and change at the spa which made all the difference in the world. The hotel is within walking distance of the old city and is very conveniently located near tram and metro stops. We had a room on the inside so no view at all but it was quiet. We had twin beds and it was a little cramped but we spent most if our time visiting the city so it wasn't an issue for us. It was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is free WIFI in the Libby and is wasn't down once when we were there. It was good value for the money and I would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Tripljak
Dear Tripljak,

Let me express how grateful I feel for your comment and for sharing your review. It is a great pleasure to see we have succeeded to make your stay enjoyable.

If you ever plan on returning to Prague, let us know.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Prague while on vacation with my wife. I used SPG points to pay for the stay, so this was the only Sheraton in town. To begin with, the hotel is very nice - the exterior is clean and well-lit, and the interior is nicely done and clean. Our room was a little on the small side, but about average for what you find in Europe - a large bathtub and bathroom along with a comfortable bed. Our room was cleaned promptly every day, and the staff was very friendly. The fitness center is decent, with modern equipment - towels and water are provided. A spa has massages and sauna available, but we were disappointed that there was no facility for a couples massage, only small single-person rooms. Also, breakfast is WAY overpriced- you can easily get breakfast for cheap by walking for 5 minutes in any direction.
As for the location, it isn't as bad as many have made it out to be. Yes, there are plenty of sex shops and clubs in Prague, but it's not like Times Square in the 80s. The streets are clean and safe, and you are only a 10 minute walk from the main square.
So would I stay here again? I don't see why not, but if I could find a comparable hotel cheaper I would take it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnGrease
Dear JohnGrease,

Thank you for your great review.

As you mentioned, there are some adult shops and bars in Prague, but that would be the same in all major cities. We never experienced any interference of such places, nor problems.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is proud to be offering our valuable guests the same brand standards as they are used to from all over the world – Sheraton Sweep Sleeper bed is one of the key drivers. I am thrilled you enjoyed its comfort as well as the cleanliness of the hotel.

Let me also thank your comment about a breakfast price. We deem the surcharge reflecting the high standard of items provided, its freshness and big selection, so everybody is able to enjoy just what he needs.

I am glad you would consider staying with us for your next visit in Prague and I would be more than happy to have you with us again.

Dallas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Since this hotel is far from the main areas (15 minute walk) one would have thought they would make it hard for travelers to turn this down. But the service is average at best. Platinum guests get access to lounge but the lounge is very very average.
Would not return even though I try and maximize my Starwood stays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sleepless_Travelers
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Location is good ad Central. The front desk staff were very helpful and kind, but in the restaurant they look tired.
They have done allot to make an old building looks like a modern hotel. But still you can clearly see it or feel it around.
Common areas were high end, but small and divided, I guess this only way change an old building. Lifts are in separated different corners of the lobby. The rooms were nice, looks like an high end and well kept, but the room I got was very small. Bathroom clean but not luxury, just like everything else.

It miss the feeling and the REAL quality of 5 star or a Sheraton...No good style, nor standard..I hope I made it clear what I mean, this is a difficult one..:-))

Room Tip: 6th. floor and up are bigger rooms, I heard