“Awesome Tour”

Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour to Karlstejn Castle from Prague
Ranked #6 of 160 Outdoor Activities in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: PRAHA BIKE - Guided tours and 2wheels rentals all year around. EXPLORE CITY, WALK LESS, ENJOY MORE! Praha Bike offers you the best way to get oriented with the city highlights, architecture, history & culture. Meet other travelers. Be active & have a fun time! We have variety of guided tours on City, Mountain & Hybrid Bikes, E-Bikes, Tandems, 6seat-Team Bike. City Bike Tours & Trips outside of Prague are in English & runs every day from March 15 till Nov 15. Tours in other languages are offered upon request. If you want to explore on your own, individual bike rentals and out of city excursions are offered. You'll get a map with self-guided tour suggestions & recommended bike trails. Bike Rentals are available all year around. We have quality Mountain, Trekking, Electric bikes, Tandems, Kids bikes, Rear child seat, tag along & trailers. Bikes are specially build for riding in Prague, around Czech Republic & Europe. Come to join us for our daily bike tour or just get some wind with rental!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Tampa, Florida, Usa
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Tour”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I did the scenic tour and it didn't disappoint.
Our tour guide was an American from Louisiana (can't remember his name), but if you get him you will be very happy. He gave a great tour with all of the interesting facts that you can't find in books.

He even went over on the time of the tour so we could stop and have a beer at the Beer Garden.

If you want a great view of the city and learn a thing or two this tour is a great way to learn.

Swansea, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see the city”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took a bike tour of prague while on my stag. This was a fantastic way to see the city and Francesco led the tour. He spoke very good English and was very informative and fun. The castle in particular was a real spectacle and the commentary from Francesco very interesting.

Cycling around a city is just about the right speed, walking takes too long to see everything and from a vehicle you cannot get up close. I cannot recommend this enough I do have a few negatives though and if those were fixed this would be an easy 5.
First, the instructions to get there were poor and appeared to direct us to a different cycling provider which was very confusing. Luckily we arrived early so were able to clear this up. I am not sure if this was the fault of the agent who we purchased the tour through or praha bike themselves but either way it is in their interest to have better directions whoever is providing them.
Secondly whilst the bikes were clearly of quite good quality when new, a few had maintenance issues. Mine had a loose mudguard which was not dangerous but rattled constantly and was irritating. One of our party had faulty brakes. There was a repair man along with us but it was not made clear to us this was his role until someone's chain broke about a mile from the end of the tour, if we had known perhaps we could have raised these issues with the repair man earlier.

In short a great tour just slightly let down by a few problems.

Visited June 2013
PrahaBike, Manager at Praha Bike - Bicycle Tours & Rentals, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello James,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very sorry we were not up to our usual 5star standards on that day ,and promise to work on all points you made in the future.
Still, I'd like to point out couple of things in reaction to your review, if I may, for other potential readers.

1, Praha Bike Tours are sold by travel agency's all over the word. We cannot very well make sure every single one of them is giving clear directions to their clients (although we would love to and are doing all we can to make it happen) We advise all our clients to visit our web site, for a very clear directions with map. Our office is located 2 mins walk down the main street off the main square in the very center of Prague. Believe me, it can't get much easier in a city like Prague.
2, We are servicing our bikes on a regular basis. unfortunately with the numbers of bikes we have, it sometimes happens that some is not 100% right. We give everyone a good deal of time before the tour to try their bikes before even leaving our office and if there are some issues, we fix them/replace bikes. Even if sometimes the mechanic does not come on a tour, he's never to far away. if there should be any technical problems, especially as serious as your friend experienced with "faulty brakes" , the tour guides calls him, have him bring a replacement bike in minutes and the tour goes on . . . . . the only real potential problem is when people don't rise these issues with us and we cannot do anything to fix them

All the best.
Ondrej,
Praha Bike Team
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than the tourist books!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Francesco was our guide for the 2.5hr trip around the classic sights of Prague. This is a must " to do" before setting out with your books. It is a great way to get a taster of what the city offers if especially you are limited on time otherwise you can revisit sights at your leisure. The tour was fun and Francesco was very informed and engaging, answering any question thrown at him. Cycling through the city was fun and challenging - just ensure that you walk your bike over the pedestrian crossing if the police are around!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, fun, fun”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Highlight of my trip! Can't praise it enough. Prague was brought to life - its secret alleyways, culture, historic struggles, they all came to life. I had a very knowledgeable guide who was patient and friendly, held the bike while I went into some of the most stunning churches I have ever seen. I will now do a bike tour of any city I visit as you learn so much and have such a good time

Visited June 2013
PrahaBike, Manager at Praha Bike - Bicycle Tours & Rentals, responded to this review, January 10, 2015
Hello from Praha!
Thank you so much for such a lovely review :) I'm always happy when I know that the tour left some positive feelings. It was a pleasure to ride with you all! I really hope you enjoyed the city as well. Greetings and keep riding,

Kind regards,
Ondrej Capek
Praha Bike
Krakow, Poland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bike tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We did a bike tour with Praha Bike Tours our first morning in Prague.

The tour guide - Francesco- provided a great overview of the city's sites & architectural history.

We're planning on taking the evening bike tour to see the castle & the city from on high.

Highly recommended.