“A world of Art Nouveau tile around and above you”
Review of Cafe Imperial

Cafe Imperial
Ranked #90 of 5,760 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed May 2, 2014

After two days of (excellent) goulash and potato noodles we wanted something different. Entered the Cafe Imperial and were blown away by beautiful immaculate walls, columns and ceiling of artifice tile. Had original and excellent salads served by white coat staff. Great chocolate dessert. Surprisingly inexpensive.Felt like a king.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,538)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My second visit to this most wonderful of restaurants.it take you back to a gentler time when service,presentation and elegant food were the norm.
My lipver in a calvados sauce was melt in your mouth delicious and the look of intense pleasure of the diners around me said that
make your reservations early as it was standing room only.
Oh yes be sure to bring a camera as the setting is amazing.

1  Thank mintyJakarta
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This restaurant must be situated in the most fabulous locale in all of Praha, completely covered in glazed picture tiles in white and polychrome ceramics. However, the owners could have made even more of it if they wanted. And since I was last there for dinner just before Christmas, the standard of the food has dropped alarmingly, and I regret to say that I will no longer make it a regular stop on my visits to Praha. The food was ok, but only that, and the presentation downright disappointing, compared to last time. They are on the expensive side for Praha, and therefore simply overpriced! I am sorry but I can no longer recommend this place for any thing other that the look, which is still stunning.

2  Thank DSS11
Reviewed April 28, 2014

During Easter we visited Cafe Imperial where famous Executive Chef Mr. Pohlreich cooks and we had traditional Easter lunch - Spring lamb with rosemary potatoes and young spinach - which was fantastic and delicious. Service was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere of spring in Prague.
Art deco style was visible everywhere, even in the bathroom :)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Most sumptuous & varied buffet breakfast in my experience.
Dinner was delicious; service sublime.
Reservations for dinner are a must.