“The worst place I've been in my life!”
Review of Makakiko

Makakiko
Ranked #2,007 of 5,427 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
“The worst place I've been in my life!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We've been there for dinner, party of 4. Took the running sushi deal per recommendation. There was very little sushi on the runway, most of it was poor quality fried food and desserts. We didn't feel well afterwords. There are much better places in Prague for the same price and even less!

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I first came to Makakiko I was astonished at how low the prices were for the all you can eat, it ranged to about 300 kc which is around 15$, it sounds like a lot but compared to other sushi restaurants this is a fabulous price. This restaurant shows you how you can sit down and a have a fantastic meal of such great quality with waiters and waitresses that are always their for your comfort and need for so little. So far I go every Saturday and considering how much fish I eat I have never gotten sick, not even once. But don't worry Makakiko has not got strict Japanese etiquette, therefore you can dine in comfort with knowing no one will give you a hard time while you devoure your piece of fish. Some waiters know me so well as a customer that a waiter came up to me once and said ginger ale with a grin (this is the drink I've ordered their since I was first introduced to the restaurant, and the fact that Makakiko is in a mall he must see hundreds of people daily and this is what shows I'm a fan and a frequent customer.) So far I will give this heavenly creation of restaurant a 10/10.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roneebo
“Nice sushi place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Good renaming sushi, reasonable prices. Friendly waitresses. Overall tasty food. Variety of selection menu. Must try......... ................

• Visited November 2012
Pori, Finland
“A good selection of sushi and more”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you like the idea of running sushi, you could do a lot worse than this place. There are many types of maki rolls and nigiri as well as some sashimi. There are plenty of other types of dishes as well, not only sushi. I also really liked the fresh fruits that they had.

The atmosphere could be a little nicer. The place is situated in the food court of a mall (one in Palladium and one in Novy Smichov), so it's noisy and not very inviting. The service is typical to fast food places, efficient and not very polite, but good enough.

Everything I tried tasted good and fresh. The quality can not be compared to "real" sushi restaurants, but it's far better than many other places I've tried. The price I thought was quite high, almost 400 CZK (16 €) and drinks were not included. It's still not expensive for sushi but high compared to the general prices of food in Prague's restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
Haifa
“To my taste and wallet”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The place was on our list of recomended resturants that we've prepared before the trip. Although "eat all you can" resturants are not really for us, since we get full very quickly, we've decided to eat there for the experience. We enjoyed the food, the service (clearing the table from empty plates all the time), and of cours - the price. I can recommend it to others.

• Visited March 2013