“The best”

Ranked #3,061 of 5,787 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I first came to Makakiko I was astonished at how low the prices were for the all you can eat, it ranged to about 300 kc which is around 15$, it sounds like a lot but compared to other sushi restaurants this is a fabulous price. This restaurant shows you how you can sit down and a have a fantastic meal of such great quality with waiters and waitresses that are always their for your comfort and need for so little. So far I go every Saturday and considering how much fish I eat I have never gotten sick, not even once. But don't worry Makakiko has not got strict Japanese etiquette, therefore you can dine in comfort with knowing no one will give you a hard time while you devoure your piece of fish. Some waiters know me so well as a customer that a waiter came up to me once and said ginger ale with a grin (this is the drink I've ordered their since I was first introduced to the restaurant, and the fact that Makakiko is in a mall he must see hundreds of people daily and this is what shows I'm a fan and a frequent customer.) So far I will give this heavenly creation of restaurant a 10/10.

1  Thank Roneebo

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Good renaming sushi, reasonable prices. Friendly waitresses. Overall tasty food. Variety of selection menu. Must try......... ................

Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you like the idea of running sushi, you could do a lot worse than this place. There are many types of maki rolls and nigiri as well as some sashimi. There are plenty of other types of dishes as well, not only sushi. I also really liked the fresh fruits that they had.

The atmosphere could be a little nicer. The place is situated in the food court of a mall (one in Palladium and one in Novy Smichov), so it's noisy and not very inviting. The service is typical to fast food places, efficient and not very polite, but good enough.

Everything I tried tasted good and fresh. The quality can not be compared to "real" sushi restaurants, but it's far better than many other places I've tried. The price I thought was quite high, almost 400 CZK (16 €) and drinks were not included. It's still not expensive for sushi but high compared to the general prices of food in Prague's restaurants.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The place was on our list of recomended resturants that we've prepared before the trip. Although "eat all you can" resturants are not really for us, since we get full very quickly, we've decided to eat there for the experience. We enjoyed the food, the service (clearing the table from empty plates all the time), and of cours - the price. I can recommend it to others.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am SHOCKED at the bad reviews of this place. We were almost discouraged from going. It is inside a mall and it is very easy to find. The prices are great and the food was wonderful, way better than we expected. There was as much salmon sushi as you could possibly eat and it was wonderful quality salmon as well. As many appetizers as you could want and the sushi belt is so cool. You have to see it. The only problem would be if you are looking for sushi that is not salmon, tuna, eel, or squid. However, the sushi types they did have were wonderful and I would go back again and again. Oh and it isn't the type where you pay for what you don't eat.

1  Thank Maquest