“Actually great running sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Makakiko

Makakiko
Ranked #2,894 of 5,323 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Mooresville, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Actually great running sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am SHOCKED at the bad reviews of this place. We were almost discouraged from going. It is inside a mall and it is very easy to find. The prices are great and the food was wonderful, way better than we expected. There was as much salmon sushi as you could possibly eat and it was wonderful quality salmon as well. As many appetizers as you could want and the sushi belt is so cool. You have to see it. The only problem would be if you are looking for sushi that is not salmon, tuna, eel, or squid. However, the sushi types they did have were wonderful and I would go back again and again. Oh and it isn't the type where you pay for what you don't eat.

• Visited March 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Uherske Hradiste, Czech Republic
“They don't appreciate the guests!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was very disappointed one time I came to this restaurant and I will never come back again. Worst staff ever. I came to this restaurant to enjoy running sushi. The restaurant was very busy and I had to wait in the line for 20 minutes. After this time I was ready to be seated when one waiter came to me and asked me how many people are with me. I told him that only me. And he took 2 people behind me and seated them. I was surprised he didnt give me a table. Well, I started to be a little bit upset, but I still had a patience for waiting. The same thing happened after 5 minutes again, but with a different waiter. Well, they dont want me to come to their restaurant? Finally, I have got my table. It was my surprise when they started to seat to my table another people that I didnt know. I said I want to seat alone, but waiter didnt care and told me that they are very busy and I cannot sit alone. Well, now I was really pissed off. I said thank you and I went away from this restaurant. I have to say, this is really nice way how to loose customers. I like my privacy and when I travel alone, I like eating alone, because nobody disturb me.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Fun spot !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Great all you can eat sushi spot with more than just sushi on the train ! So much fun and great price. I highly recommend it.

Prague
“Gluttony”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Its "all you can eat running sushi" is obviously not the most reasonable choice if you just want to have a decent, lovely lunch. I admire all the people who can come, sit down, eat just a bit of this and that and then leave when they feel full. I always end up stuffed - and usually feeling also a bit dizzy and with a solid stomachache. So if you're up for a sushi feast, go there around 2 pm. At that time, you'll get a load of good sushi (well, don't expect anything fancy. It's still just a fast food.) and besides that they have really tasty shrimp, fruits, mochi, tiny bowls of chinese or thai meals, tempura and a lot of other stuff. But the food quality varies - we've been to this restaurant like six times and the rating would go from two to five stars, depending on when and where we decided to eat... There's also a Makakiko Sushi in Prague Novy Smichov. Same chain, same quality.
It's more a fun experience than a culinary one.

• Visited November 2012
Cuxhaven, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse Sushi ever.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very small variety of Sushi.
Not tasting fresh.
All running foods (incl. Sushi) were presented on low class niveau.
Never again!!!
Try and compare "Zebra - Asian noodle bar" (No running food) which is one of the best asian restaurants I experienced.

Visited July 2012