“French Cafe in Prague”

Ranked #397 of 5,850 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live in Prague and when I want to take someone for a meal with a classic French cafe touch, I take them here!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Having read the reviews tried this eatery on our first night arrival but were too late at 10.30 pm so went back the night after at 6ish. They accommodated us outside in the courtyard which we were pleased about as it was a lovely evening. We went for the house speciality and it didn't disappoint. The salad dressing was yummy and made a green salad one of the nicest I've ever had! The steak and frites were great and the very good waiters kept coming back with more, we declined the last offer or frites as it was too much. We had ordered some olives but were advised they were sub standard so were given a foie gras sample starter to apologise for the inconvenience..........I love touches like this. The Bohemia sect brut is my new favourite tipple. Wish we had something like this near where we live.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

You can find better places to go in Prague. The night we visited we were surrounded by noisy couples only to "enjoy" minuscule portions of food that was overly priced. Service was slow. They give you the impression you are dining in a fine French restaurant but I suggest other dining options in Prague.

1  Thank martytraveller
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant because it looks like romantic. It is very small restaurant with just several tables. Their menu is narrow. Food was average. They serve food on hot place with candle.Service was ok.

1  Thank Lucie R
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We also had the steak entree as the menu is very small and this was recommended by the waiter. It comes with a plain lettuce salad with a vinegar and mustard dressing, fries, and a cream sauce. We thought it was pretty good, the waiter was friendly, but dinner for two with just one beer was $60, so this is not an economical place. We thought the food was much better at the Little Whale restaurant right across the street. We simply raved about the food there, while the cafe de Paris was good, but not rave worthy.

1  Thank Irene A