“An excellent finish for our Prague vacation”
Review of V Zatisi

V Zatisi
Ranked #24 of 5,665 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Restaurace V Zátiši, která se před Vámi objeví, když se touláte klikatými uličkami Starého města, je místem, kde se vždy setkávali diplomaté, kde se uzavírají tajné dohody, kde se žádá o ruku... anebo možná i o trochu víc. Za dveřmi se skrývají útulná zákoutí s pohodlnými křesly a moderními skleněnými díly výtvarníka Ronyho Plesla. Oknem do kuchyně můžete nahlédnout, jak vznikají kulinářské skvosty pod rukama indického sous- chefa Rameshe Mamgaina a týmu kuchařů pracujících pod dohledem Igora Chramce a Pavla Brože.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I chose V Zatisi for our final meal in Prague, and left very satisfied with our decision. The restaurant is about a five minute walk from the Astronomical clock on the Old Town Square. It's not on a main street, but not hard to find on a map. The restaurant is fairly small and makes for an intimate setting. We were met at the door by a very polite hostess who took our coats and promptly seated us. The servers were very attentive and friendly and made sure our glasses were kept full.
For dinner, we both decided on the three-course option. I had the tandoori chicken as my starter, followed by tandoori tiger prawns and vanilla bean creme brûlée for dessert. The chicken was very flavorful and perfectly cooked - just done and still very moist. The prawns were, quite frankly, the best entree I've had in a long time. There were three prawns, but they were huge and very tasty. They were served with two sauces, a mint sauce with some other herb, and a delicious tamarind sauce. The creme brûlée was also delicious, with a crispy caramelized top. I also had the wine pairing and was served a nice German Riesling and a local white Czech wine.
My wife started with ravioli stuffed with ricotta and pine nuts, followed by a duck entree and fruit sorbet for dessert. She commented that the ravioli was delicious. Her duck was a bit on the dry side but had good flavor and the sorbet was refreshing and very good.
We were also served a small portion of venison pâté with cranberry sauce. We tried it, but it was not our cup of tea. It was not part of the meal itself, so I don't feel like it's fair to include that as a factor in the overall review. We were also served a yummy plate of cookies at the end of our meal
I would highly recommend V Zatisi for Prague visitors looking for an excellent dinner in an intimate setting.

1  Thank Wes B

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went with friends for a meal in the evening. The welcome was good and the food was tasty and well prepared. Not cheap, but the decor is nice too. My duck was the best I had in Prague. Would go back. One small problem though. The wine was served after the starter arrived which kept us waiting. No big deal.

1  Thank KEITH TRAVEL AGENT
Pavlicek, Manager at V Zatisi, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thanks a lot for your review and excuse us for small delay in serving the winepairings with your starters!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I haven't eaten here,I just would like to give a warning on the price. You may only choose at least a two course menu at 890 Czech per person before adding wine. Unfortunately we didn't take the time to look at the menu before entering and there is no indication of price on trip advisor so we had the embarrassment of having to leave soon after seating! Beautiful restaurant and I don't doubt the other reviews of the food...

1  Thank prettygurrly

Very unusual - even if you did not dine here you wrote review and even positive one!
Thank you for that, not many people would do this after leaving the place I think.
Really fair from your side and I hope this was not your last visit.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to Zatisi for dinner last week and had a great night! It was my first time there, as I went on friends recommendation. It was a party of four, two of us selected the Indian degustation menu, whilst the ladies went for the Zatisi degustation menu (after requesting some slight changes to it, which the server kindly made with pleasure), all accompanied by wine selected for each dish. Both service and food was of very high standard. It is suggested to book in advance, and if you are staying in any of the hotels in the city centre, you do not need to take a taxi, as you can easily walk to it.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is one of the restaurants in the city center of Prague that has been on the market for a while keeping always good standard. I recommend choosing one of the menus with a wine. It is a good place to go for a date with your girlfriend as well as go with your business partners.

1  Thank Karelcermak

Thank you very much for this! Very valuable for us from person who appreciate our constant quality and most probably is not just one time visitor.
See you again.