“Realy nice”

The Globe Bookstore and Cafe
Ranked #29 of 277 Coffee & Tea in Prague
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a friend after a night of clubbing. Very tastfull breakfast, delicious coffee & friendly staff. Everything comes together....something to recommend.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My son hangs out here during the school year so we came for Sunday brunch while I was visiting. This is a great little place to eat. I only had tea and toast due to illness but he had a full omelet breakfast. My tea was delicious and there were many to choose from. I tasted my sons American coffee and it was delicious.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Globe is one of our favourite places to go in Prague. As you come in there is a lovely bookshop - which sells new and second hand books and a notice board of various things going on in Prague. There is also an Internet cafe area - though if you have your own device, there is free Internet access in the restaurant areas too. The main room has a mezzanine level - and in the summer there is a small garden too. During the day, downstairs is non smoking til about 6pm.
The menu is quite varied and most things we have had here have been great. My veggie partner loves the spinach burger with Balkan cheese. A friend tried one of their pasta dishes which she thought excellent and I like their paninis and soups.
In addition to this though, the Globe is a hub of activities. Saturday night is karaoke (for those brave enough!) and on Sunday night there is normally a free film show which tends to be popular. There is a quiz night and live music during the week - and book groups and others also use the space.
The place is American/Czech so English is the main language spoken and many American students come here to work.
Always interesting and enjoyable (even the karaoke!)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Globe restaurant is located just behind the wonderfully eclectic bookstore, with an excellent selection of the most diverse literature - from the Roman classics to American fiction and Czech authors, all chosen with intelligence and care. The restaurant has an equally international menu - light and playful and all very good. They have occasional music and culture events in the evenings, and its a gathering point for local expats and travellers. Very much worth the visit!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited the Globe as it had good reviews (both here and in our guide book). Both the Coffee and the atmosphere were good and we'd consider going back for brunch, but we couldn't help but notice everything on the menu is with eggs, which might be a problem if you don't eat eggs!

Johnny_Blamo, Manager at The Globe Bookstore and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a manger of the Globe. Thank you for your nice review of our business.

I have one follow up however, you (and another reviewer previously below) mention the menu being only eggs, which leads me to believe that you were there during breakfast hours, which while heavy on eggs and omelettes, does offer other traditional fare, such as pancakes, french toast, smoked salmon, etc. Our regular menu, which is available daily from 11am and on weekends after our brunch at 4pm is much more diverse and does n0t include any egg dishes. (We do have an overlap between breakfast and regular menu daily where both menus are available from 11-11:30).

I have attached below a link to our website which shows our menus for your reference.

Thank you once again for your business and support, it is much appreciated and we hope to see you again!

JB