“Very cool restaurant in an wonderfully eclectic bookstore”

The Globe Bookstore and Cafe
Ranked #20 of 157 Coffee & Tea in Prague
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Globe restaurant is located just behind the wonderfully eclectic bookstore, with an excellent selection of the most diverse literature - from the Roman classics to American fiction and Czech authors, all chosen with intelligence and care. The restaurant has an equally international menu - light and playful and all very good. They have occasional music and culture events in the evenings, and its a gathering point for local expats and travellers. Very much worth the visit!

There are newer reviews for The Globe Bookstore and Cafe

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited the Globe as it had good reviews (both here and in our guide book). Both the Coffee and the atmosphere were good and we'd consider going back for brunch, but we couldn't help but notice everything on the menu is with eggs, which might be a problem if you don't eat eggs!

Johnny_Blamo, Manager at The Globe Bookstore and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a manger of the Globe. Thank you for your nice review of our business.

I have one follow up however, you (and another reviewer previously below) mention the menu being only eggs, which leads me to believe that you were there during breakfast hours, which while heavy on eggs and omelettes, does offer other traditional fare, such as pancakes, french toast, smoked salmon, etc. Our regular menu, which is available daily from 11am and on weekends after our brunch at 4pm is much more diverse and does n0t include any egg dishes. (We do have an overlap between breakfast and regular menu daily where both menus are available from 11-11:30).

I have attached below a link to our website which shows our menus for your reference.

Thank you once again for your business and support, it is much appreciated and we hope to see you again!

JB

Reviewed December 16, 2012

bookshop is great, well worth visiting.
Food was below standard. Noticable that some of the products were poor quality (bacon on the full breakfast appeared to be a single slice of cheap streaky bacon cut in half, sausages were average and small).
I've seen their evening food and it appeared to be a lot better. But for the price and quality i'll be going elsewhere for my breakfasts where the quality of food is better.

1  Thank fraserprague
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I stopped here mainly to check out the bookstore but decided to grab some food while we were there. I had the nachos and he went with the buffalo chicken sandwich and both were quite bad. Also the table we were sitting at was barely big enough to hold the napkins, drinks, and our plates. Not a very comfortable dining experience. Stop in for the books but skip the food!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place got good reviews in our guide book so we went there for a snack one lunchtime. The book said it was "lively" but does that really mean having the music up so loud that we had to shout at each other - as was everyone else sitting round us.
We decided to stay and opened the menu - so eggs eggs and more eggs. Actually I don't think that there was one item on the agenda that didn't come with eggs - oh the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel with a side of......hard boiled egg!
So we decided to call it a day - shame as it was a cafe with a lovely bookshop but turn down the music and please, enough with the eggs