“Innovative food, excellent atmosphere, great service”

La Degustation Boheme Bourgeoise
Ranked #101 of 5,468 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Arlington, Virginia
“Innovative food, excellent atmosphere, great service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've now eaten at La Degustation on three separate trips, including with my wife and by myself. Each time has been fantastic. The layout and size of this restaurant is great, which affords views of the kitchen, with modern decor, and a somewhat laid-back attitude, while still being very nice. The tasting menus are always great, and incredibly interesting and innovative. The local option is a superb choice, if you want a Czech flare but with a modern theme. The wine pairings are always interesting, unique and fantastic. Sure, this is an expensive meal compared to other spots in Prague, but it is cheap compared to peers in other European cities. I can't say it's the best meal I've ever had, but it's up there. Individual courses are smallish, but for good reason…I've always left here incredibly stuffed, even before they hand you some amazing chocolate truffles on your way out the door! More than anything, the atmosphere and staff are what keeps me coming back. The next time I'm in Prague, I will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Best experience in a restaurant”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The best experience I ever had, great food with a lot of taste and superb service with every detail, even Oldřich Sahajdák has taken us through the kitchen and shown us his kingdom. Everything perfect to the last detail and the friendly atmosphere makes you feel welcome. Will sure come again.

• Visited February 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Superb food, with service to match”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This was by far and away the best food we had during our stay in Prague. Both of us had the 7 course tasting menu paired with the Czech wines, the desert wine being particularly good. If you are after a modern take on Czech food, this is the place to go. The food was spectacular and extremely creative while the staff were fantastic and gave the impression they were truly passionate about what they were serving. More than worthy of its Michelin Star, would highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dominic H
Zurich, Switzerland
“Delicious but expensive”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Delicious food, every morsel was melt in your mouth.
From the moment we entered through the door we were treated well.
The atmosphere is relaxed and every one of the staff are well
co-ordinated and know precisely what to do and when. In spite of being
precise they also managed to be relaxed in their work. Clearly a team
who have worked together for some time.
We went for the set menu of 6 courses. Simply delicious.
We also had the wines which accompanied each course.
Im am glad I went there but it is rather expensive.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Morrovalle
Canada
“Excellent food with local ingredients”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

When you go to a restaurant that obtains a Michelin star, you expect the food to be good - this was the case. I really liked the extensive use of local ingredients and flavors on the tasting menu. What makes this experience excellent is the other parts of the dinner. 1) the service was very good and friendly with good English communication. This is not a must but was appreciated. 2) the recommended wine was very good and was priced on the low to mid range of the wine list. Even though this was a business dinner, they did not take advantage of us on the recommendation. 3) the lighting, decor, music and overall ambiance was perfect. This is one of only two restaurants in Prague with a Michelin star and the pricing was very reasonable. I highly recommend making this part of your journey!

1 Thank SS_Reviews