“Beer and food are exellent !!!”
Review of U Ceskych Panu

U Ceskych Panu
Ranked #1,670 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Beer and food are exellent !!!
Velkopopovitsky Kozel and veprovo koleno !!!
I very recommend to all Prague's guests to visit this place!!!

There are newer reviews for U Ceskych Panu

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I were so excited about this place. After seeing some reviews and them showing in their main lobby that everyone dresses up from the old ages and what not we wanted to go for sure!

Well it is NOTHING like they say. The staff was in black shirts and pants. Our waitress was so rude! We waited for an hour to get our food and it was not that busy we went early. We asked for a free drink because the long wait but they said no. After time they did end up giving us a drink free. I guess they thought about the wait who knows. But it was nothing like we thought and I wish we went somewhere else. The food was good but nothing amazing and like I said we went for the idea of the place but it was nothing like what it says.

2  Thank PappFamily
Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you are looking for a special location to have dinner in a cellar of a medieval house, this is the place to go.
Pros: Great food, large portions, good prices.
Cons: The staff are very rude and it looks like it is anything but the place where they want to be. You wait a long time for ordering. Since closing time was drawing near, the waitress literally threw the check in our face, whilst still eating. :(( This spoiled the nice atmosphere and food. :((

2  Thank TudorCI
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I came here with my girlfriend back in 2011, and we had a really good meal here, so when I came back to Prague with my family this year, I was keen to visit this restaurant. I was especially keen for my vegetarian sister to try the gnocci here, as my girlfriend had it last year, and it was an amazing dish.

Well, unfortuneatly, I found that this meal was not nearly as good as last year, and was distinctly average (as opposed to the "very good, must come back here" that I felt last year). Firstly, when my sister ordered a diet coke, and got a normal coke, the waitress looked very unhappy at having to correct what is essentially a small mistake, and not the end of the world.

The food was quite nice, but the portions were a little smaller than I remember, leaving me feeling that the food is a little over-priced when comparing to similar restaurants in Prague. My meat skewer dish was very nice, and the meat was very well cooked, but it could have been served with more sides, and my dad's wild boar goulash was very nice also, but once again, a little on the small side.

And now onto the gnocci that I was raving about to my sister.... well it was decent, but nowhere near as nice as last year! I'm just happy that my girlfriend wasn't there to see it....

2  Thank adr11iano
Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you really want to taste authentic Czech food, visit this restaurant.
I ordered one of the most interesting and tasty Czech dishes - Roasted Pork Knee. It was delicious. Good location, interesting interior, friendly service. Unlike many other restaurants in Prague they didn't try to overcharge you. You pay exactly what you see in menu.
One of the best restaurant in Prague.