“Very good beer”

Restaurace Novomestsky Pivovar
Ranked #578 of 5,370 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Aveiro, Portugal
“Very good beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The beer was very good with acceptable price (for a touristic area). I only missed other types of beer in the menu, as they only have the light and dark unfiltered beer. So, we decided to try the beer tasting, 4 different flavours in 200mL glasses. It was pricey and some of them were too sweet.
Anyway, it is a good place if you're walking around and want to stop for a few beers.

• Visited January 2014

• Slovak first
Seattle, Washington
“Get the pork knuckle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The dark beer was pretty good and one of my favorites in Prague. It was nice that there was an English menu so made ordering easy but I knew what I wanted before even arrive thanks to Yelp. I went with the pork knuckle. It was big and had great flavor. Thanks for the good find in Prague Yelp!

• Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
“A tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

The server was not helpful and was sort of sketch from the beginning. When we were done eating, he came with a pocket calculator, throws it down and mumbles, "10% tip, its up to you." Once we left, we figured that he added tip on top of the amount we purchased and we tipped over and above. I don't mind paying for exactly what I purchase but hate being cheated. I think this restaurant serves and cheats tourist and should not be rewarded. Their food is not all that great and the beer is DEFINITELY not good; as a matter of fact, I think they just put flavoring in their beer to make their beer flight and over charge for flavored beer. I will not be back and if you ever come to Prague and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank jcheung62
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Even gave them 3 chances...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Heard this place was great and as I am a fan of microbreweries it was definitely on my to do list.

First time we went in we were very reluctantly seated and half an hour later literally had to set off distress signals to get us served. As a result of this they served us our first beer and refused to serve us again.

We thought we'd give it a second try so when we got up we headed out there for about 10:45am. We had an idea it may not be open but thought we'd just go and see. We were met by a waiter at the entrance way who basically just laughed at us when we asked if they were open.

Eager to try a beer I heard was very good there; we were passing through on the final night and got seated again. Once again it was like we didn't exist and this time we left without service vowing never to go there again. Looks like an amazing place but a shame it is let down by primitive service.

GO AT YOUR PERIL!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank BarnesBrewing
Moscow, Russia
“Typically tourist place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Enough space, you'll always find a seat there, but nothing special. Just tourist place with traditional food, tasty beer etc. There are many places better than that. :)

• Visited November 2013