“Delicious fresh food”

Ranked #163 of 5,850 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in without a reservation and thankfully we were shown to the last remaining table. Our food was fantastic. The seafood rissoto was packed with fish and the portion sizes were good. The wine list was one of the largest I have seen and prices were fair. The only negative was due to its popularity the restaurant was very noisy so perhaps not the place for a romantic dinner but definitely worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,915)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dropped in on Valentine's evening with my wife and they managed to squeeze us in. I ordered the fillet steak and my wife ordered the pork and when I mentioned we wanted a bottle of wine with our meal they called over the Sommelier (wine waiter) who was very knowledgable and found us the perfect Czech wine to accompany our choices and at a reasonable price. The food was excellent, as was the overall service; I would certainly recommend eating here.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice italian restaurant, look for the pan on the wall to find it, we passed right by it and did not see it.

We were welcomed, however we had to wait for 20 minutes because we did not have a reservation.

For starters we ordered calamari which was really tasty and unparalleled with any calamari I ate before.

We waited a bit for the main courses. I had lasagne, my girlfriend had ravioli. Both were really nice and fresh. We ordered a czech wine, which we regretted, not because it was bad, but rather because we could have had any Italian wine of a vast selection.

The dessert was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. We had tiramusu which was very light and delicious and the dessert with rasberry was fantastic. We payed 20? per person for 4 main courses, one starter, 3 desserts and 1 bottle of wine.

1  Thank Canberk H
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having scoured almost all of Prague for a vegetarian ravioli, I had nearly given up. My husband, a patient man, wanted to try one last time and check out Ambiente Pasta. I wasn't very hopeful but when we read the menu :-) Lo and behold! There it was...My love..my favourite! I jumped with joy, only to find later, that there was no ravioli :-))

Entrance is a long alley. We were greeted really well, our coats politely taken away. The upper section is a cafe. Basement has the main dining area which was wonderfully maintained and lit-up with pretty chandeliers. I loved the detail in decoration. Nice, interesting souvenirs. A little section stank of raw meat though. There were some machines probably used to cut meat portions. Thankfully, we didn't sit there.

Our table manager was a really sweet fellow. Ironically, like I mentioned earlier, they didn't have ravioli :-P So he suggested, I could have a vegetarian tortellini instead. He patiently heard how I wanted it and got me exactly what I had asked. A little doughy for my liking but overall it tasted great. The pasta was fresh, made then and there (every variety is made fresh, there's a counter for it in the basement) and the sauce was light. I was extremely happy I could satiate my desire for stuffed pasta, finally! My husband loved his dish too. The bread we were served in the beginning was also fantastic.

On my way out, I forgot my sling bag. They came running after us and handed it back. Such a great gesture. Couldn't thank enough!

Though there are not a lot of options, for vegetarians, I would still rate this place excellent for its ambience and great service. Slightly expensive, it's worth checking out once, for sure!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

tucked away in side street just off the old town square (on Celetna) this could be easily missed. Dont! the long corridor gives way onto stairs into a well lit cellar room. Tasty food, with interesting combinations - farfalle with chicken, lime and black pepper was delicious - well priced, attentive but discreet waiters.