“Great staff, great decor, good food”
Review of Luka Lu

Luka Lu
Ranked #161 of 5,702 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Czech, Croatian, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: We are happy to invite you to our lovely, colourful restaurant Luka Lu. Luka means harbour, and this suits our restaurant very well. Luka Lu is a harbour in Mala Strana, with its courtyards, colourful decorations, little birds and its friendly staff, mostly from the ex- Yougoslavia.Lula Lu is...Born in Prague, in a quiet and wild, cute, defiant, hides inside two natures, one from the father, Italian adventurer and bohemians, and another from a mother Bosnance quiet and simple.Lu works in Lesser inn which carries her name Luka Lu. Evil tongues say that people cross the Vltava River and on the Male Strana is because of her untamable beauty and not because of good food and wine.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The restaurant is lovely, though on a semi-major street (lots of cars and tram traffic) so the sidewalk cafe was not so inviting. The decor inside is charming, and the staff were very good - responsive and helpful. The menu is extensive but the food we ordered was mixed. I had a delicious grilled trout and the spinach and potato side dish was outstanding. My daughter's pasta was pretty uninteresting, however, and the caprese salad was prepared with pesto rather than basil leaves (which was implied, by the menu, though not explicit). Nevertheless, I'd recommend the restaurant if you're in the area.

1  Thank NYC_Traveler10025

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wonderful decor, friendly staff. The menu was high priced. I ordered BBQ sausages with extra sides -- everything on the plate was nearly inedible. However, the soup of day was very hearty and delicious ! And the bread was good quality. But the whole lunch experience was big cost for small enjoyment.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We chose Luka Lu because it looked homely. The staff were friendly, spoke good English and the other guests appeared to be enjoying themselves. We were disappointed. This proved to be the most expensive of all the restaurants we visited in the week we stayed in Prague and the most disppointing food wise.

I'm vegetarian, so resorted to gnocchi with spinach and gorgonzola, which was stodgier than I expected (I'm no stranger to the dish). I was put off by the smell of the 'dirty dish cloth' smell of the glass, which to be fair I didn't point out. My coleague had a decent enough salad and an extra dish of sausages which were not great. We were charged for the 'couvert' - bread and dip appetiser. which was not the case in other restaurants. Altogether not a great experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I would recommend this specific restaurant for those who like to enjoy the titbitting from variety of delicacies as roasted peppers, ajvar, gibanica,cevapcici and homemade warm bread. Dessert "kremsnita" reminded me my childhood in Slovakia, where "kremes" was the very simular one to kremsnita, excellent taste!!! The service was very nice and attentive, the decoration of the restaurant is very varied and cosy. Unfortunately I could not try the wine ( next time... when not driving ) but definitely will try Macedonia or Croatia one!

2  Thank Iva O
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is really nice place with calm yard where you can sit. The service is also good, yet still could be a little faster (but I understand "mañana" as typical nature of southern nations).
The food was good, but everything is highly overpriced.
There are many better places nearby, go somewhere else.

1  Thank ascorti