“Lovely views of Prague but beware!!!”
Review of Hanavsky Pavilon

Hanavsky Pavilon
Ranked #2,018 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our group of four adults and two teenagers ate dinner here in June 2013. We all enjoyed the food, which was very good and tasty. The service was slow but we had several hours to spend there , so initially this was not a problem. However, when we were ready to leave it did take a long time for our bill to arrive and as it was quite large we got our credit card out. To our surprise the waiter did not want to accept a card. It was not a case of him being unable to accept card but apparently he wanted cash as he had to pay his staff. We eventually paid half by credit card and the rest by Euros, British pounds and Czech currency. A strange way to do business but maybe the norm in the Czech Republic. Overall the view was lovely but beware when it comes to paying!

1  Thank Joanne G
There are newer reviews for Hanavsky Pavilon

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

One of best views in Prague from the park.
Wonder if pavilion has changed hands as don't recognize descriptions from other reviewers .more expensive than most places in prague but you are paying for the great view .Had a starter and dessert and portions are generous .staff are friendly . Worth the climb .

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Situated near the Metronom, Hanavsky pavilion enables tourist to enjoy a coffee with a stunning view over Prague Old Town, river & bridges.

1  Thank AlexandraLuminitza
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Perfect for enjoying a glass of wine and a plate of cheese. After touring the castle and walking through the garden, we came upon a lovely pavilion on top of a hill which was decorated with beautiful wrought iron. We sat outside on the patio and took in the surroundings. It felt like a luxuriant escape and is one of my favorite memories of our trip.

1  Thank Susan4556
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I ordered a simple ham sandwich and plate of fries. For a drink, I told the waitress I wanted tap water. She comes out with bottled water with the top already popped off. I told her that's not what I ordered. She said they had no tap water because they do not receive water from this location. Instead of arguing, I decided just to take it. I suspect the water in this glass bottle was reused and was simply tap water after all. I waited and waited on the food. There were only about 6 other customers at the restaurant. After about 40 minutes, I asked her why it was taking so long for something so simple. Minutes later, she came out with the food. After I finished, I asked for the bill. It took an additional ten minutes. She comes out with a calculator, does some sort of voodoo on it, and tells me the bill is 11 Euros! The sandwich was 4 and the fries were 2. So what accounted for the other 5? She tells me the water was 66 CK and there was a 10 percent service charge. I said her service was slow and wasn't going to pay the service charge. I eventually paid 9 euros. Was still ripped off.

3  Thank John L