“Great restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Not easy to find. But a great location. A wonderful setting. Everything felt alright. Good service, great food. Good presentation. We did find the prizes on the high side. But we recommend. For us the best place in praguem

maiklgwell, Manager at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Tomeaqui,

Thank you for your precious time for taking such a positive review like yours. We are deeply honored to hear, that you enjoyed our unique location - directly below Prague Castle. I am also very glad to hear, that you had a chance to discover why our restaurant Terasa u Zlaté Studně belongs to one the best restaurant in Prague, and may I hope, not just because of our view, but also because of our chef Mr. Pavel Sapík culinary art as well. We are looking forward to welcome you in our restaurant soon!

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant :

Teresa U Slate Studne (the restaurant at top of the luxe Golden Well Hotel)

Ambience :

Quite a climb to reach this restaurant perched high on a secluded cul de sac street.

Quiet, five star, white napkins, sparkling crystal etc. Stupendous view of the mala strana and beyond.

The waiting staff were responsive but the food delivery was a bit uneven. Though restaurant was relatively empty, we waited close to 20 mins...so spoilt our appetite for the mains whilst waiting.

Food :

Flame grilled sea scallops nice balance but not well seared on the outside. A bit soggy.

Foie Gras rich and nice with the sweetbread.

Velvety Pea Soup superbly done

Sea Bass inside was beautifully done but the outside skin was not crispy.

Duck breast w potato bacon puree and balsamic honey glaze. The bacon was hard and overfried. The duck itself was just bland and average at best.

Conclusion :

We spent a total of more than krw3k without wines and deserts. Whilst the starters were good, the main courses were average. So value wise, the restaurant is punching above its weight. Overrated but come only for view and starters.

1  Thank vincentlau

Dear Vincentlau,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that we did not meet your expectation and value your feedback. I apologise for the long waits which you endured on your recent visit, our service is normally extremely well run, as our guests expect and indeed deserve. Although I am pleased to release your high consideration for the venue, the views and the starters, I am extremely unsatisfied to acknowledge that the main course has failed to meet your expectations. I do apologise if we have unconsciously caused any inconvenience and I would like to ask for an opportunity to prove you that your experience was unusual in our establishment.

Your review is important to us and I can assure you that we are already working upon the necessary improvements.

I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the restaurant in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went to Terasa u Zlate Studne on the recommendation of our concierge. the walk to it was interesting and quaint; the ride up the elevator in the hotel added a bit of intrigue, then two more flights up stairs brought us to the terrace overlooking all of prague. Food was fabulous; service was impeccable; view was breathtaking. You cannot do better than this restaurant if you are in Prague.

Dear Cherryrd,

I am delighted to hear that your visit meet all your expectations you had. We are really pleased, that you appreciate so highly whole our team. Finally, allow me to thank you on behalf of all our staff for your review that you shared with tripadvisor community. I look forward to welcoming you soon in Terasa u Zlate Studne.

With best wishes,

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

After reading so many wonderful comments and reviews about this restaurant, we emailed for reservations for our one year anniversary. Within three minutes, we already had a pleasant response confirming our date and time...nice start.
The walk to terasa u zlate was a pleasant picturesque walk from where we were staying in Prague. Upon arrival we found it easy to locate directions leading up to terrace where we were warmly greeted and allowed to choose from a few impressive front row seats to a mind blowing view. We chose a warm middle center table and our bulky coats were immediately taken for storing. We were left to make the agonizing decision of what to order for drinks and dinner since everything looked outstanding. I had already planned to have the seven course degustation tasting menu with wine. I didn't even know where to begin choosing from the a la carte menu plus I trusted the expertise of the chef. My husband ordered a Pilsner Urquell to start and decided on the Argentinian steak for dinner. No sooner had we ordered when beautiful perfectly portioned plates paired with wines and champagnes began to seemingly endlessly come out in a perfectly orchestrated pace that allowed for enough time to thoroughly savor each mouth watering bite. Although we thoroughly enjoyed and ate every last morsel, I have to comment on my favorites which were the scallop dish, the pea soup was heaven, the langostino dish, my husbands steak was to die for and of course dessert...pink pepper with chocolate and mandarin...that's all I have to say about that!
Our dinner lasted roughly 3 and a half hours and we didn't even know where the time went and never felt rushed. We have nothing but the nicest things to say about the waiters and their elevated level of service and hospitality, it was second to none. The view, what can you say, the best in Prague, overlooking the magnificent river and Charles bridge. We hope to return again sometime in the future and look forward to the same level of attention to detail and service oriented care. Thankyou terasa for making my first anniversary unforgettable!
The Urias'

Dear treasured guests Urias,

let me thank you for writing this amazing review and of course thank you for choosing our restaurant as a place to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary. We are more than happy to hear how much you have enjoyed your important day of your life and we hope that it will stay in your memories. It will be great touch, if next anniversary could be placed in our restaurant again. Meantime I wish you only the best in your partnership and to have lot of joy and happiness.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

After our visit to Prague Castle, we decided to try our luck and see if we can have lunch in Terasa as we read in the reviews that the views from the restaurant were unmissable.
Luckily there was a table available at the terrace with a perfect view over Prague.
I ordered the Risotto which was perfect, washed down with a cold crisp glass of Prosecco.
The waiters were very professional as you would expect from a restaurant of that level.

Next time I will definitely book a table for dinner to see the view at night.

1  Thank Reems2012

Dear Reems 2012,

first of all let me thank you your visit in our restaurant. We are more than happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time in our restaurant. It is always best reward to see that we are tracking on right direction especially in our field of bussiness. Where the guest wishes are always changing and competition is toughter. Last but not least we hope to see you also during the dinner service and feel free to make your reservation directly through my email: michal.motycka@goldenwell.cz.