“Not on a rainy night”

Terasa u Zlate Studne
Ranked #19 of 5,367 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Houston
“Not on a rainy night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The view is breath-taking, service is friendly (prague standards), and the food is very tasty. However, I do not recommend this restaurant on a rainy evening. You will not enjoy the view, which is the best asset of the place. The restaurant is outside covered by a patio and as my husband and I were eating $100 caviar, rain was dropping on our heads through the seams of the tarp. The waiters immediately moved us to another table, but we still felt light drips throughout dinner (not the only table with this issue). Due to the location of the restaurant a cab can only get within 60-80 meters of the entrance. Make sure to bring an umbrella if it is raining. I asked our waiter if someone was able to walk us back to the cab with an umbrella and he assured me this would not be a problem, however, once we walked down to the reception area no one was willing to walk us with an umbrella to the cab.

Visited October 2013
maiklgwell, Manager at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time to write your review and especially for visiting our restaurant. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your visit during the rainy day. According to me and also many other guests rainy days also bring nice scenary and romantic moments. In this case we are offering also the possibility to be seated in the restaurant, which is situated below the terracce and offers almost same spectacular view (but no rain drops :))
Last but not least I would like to apologize for the inconvinience that we were not able to lead you to the taxi with an umbrealla. I can ensure you that we are going to investigate this situation and we will take serious steps to avoid this in future. But I hope that you will visit us again and we will do our best to arrange sunny day for you ....

With warmest regards

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Amazing overview over city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Very very pleasant restaurant to visit for romantic dinner. Lunch would give you possibility to make great photos. Degustation menu not that nice but make you drunk with not enough to eat

1 Thank EvgeniLedenev
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful food with beautiful view of Prague. We ate here our last night in Prague and will be a lasting memory.

Visited September 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“One of Prague's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The view is one of the best, and the food and service match the view. Because the prices are at the higher end of Prague restaurants, it is mostly a special occasion restaurant, or for expense account people. Having said that, it is top class and worth the trip. Book ahead or you will be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Katerina S
Ashiya, Japan
“Brilliant!! I was totally impressed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a lunch.

The wine, the food, the service, and the view were so excellent that I can safely say this is one of the best restaurants in the world I have been to.

I recommend this restaurant to everybody oriented toward beauty.

• Visited September 2013