“Would return in a heartbeat.”
Review of Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa - CLOSED

Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 5
Reviewed May 19, 2011

An evening meal here was suggested to us by our son who is in Prague studying at Charles University.He'd eaten here before,and what an splendid decision to return.
Service was excellent from a lovely young lady who was bright,cheerful and efficient.Nothing was too much trouble.
Our food was excellently prepared,piping hot and fresh as a daisy.Enjoyed with good wine from an extensive wine list.
Yes,we had to wait a little while for our meal to be prepared,that was expected as we enjoyed one anothers company over a drink or two .We like "slow food" prepared and served with care,eaten leisurely and remembered to this day with affection.This is not a meal to rush,but comprises a whole evenings enjoyment.
Portions were generous,flavours abounded and the atmosphere was conducive to having a very good time.
The cutlery,tablecloth,wine glasses etc were spotlessly clean and we'd eat there tonight if there was a flight we could hop on.
Intend to return one day.Many thanks for a great experience.

PHalm, Owner at Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thanks for coming to Tapas Chorizo, glad you enjoyed it. I've passed on your comment to the staff- they work hard and it's nice when they can take the plaudits. And appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Rgds, Peter

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I cannot recommend this restaurant too highly - absolutely fantastic food, service and atmosphere.

I've been twice - once with a friend, once with my girlfriend and my parents. I can highly recommend the mixed platter dishes - perhaps a little on the small side, but delicious and not too expensive. The paella I had second time was incredible, and definitely for two people! Don't try and eat it alone. Beautifully prepared, and didn't have a massive wait - enough to ensure it was cooked fresh. Wine selection perhaps not the best.

The service at the restaurant is fantastic - the waitresses were helpful and attentive, and really made us feel welcome. Peter is a delight, and very welcoming. I can only offer compliments to the chef.

The atmosphere is great - quite intimate, I feel it was good for formal and informal events. I took my friend, my partner, my parents, and would feel comfortable taking business partners in the future. The music was good and not intrusive, and the lights were low enough to create a good atmosphere, but bright enough to see my food.

Looking forward to going back sometime for their music evenings, and to sample some more delicious tapas.

Thanks! Appreciate the review! Peter

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Me and my friend stoped there incidentally during my Prague visit. Went wrong way from Andel center and starving... Never had a spanish food, but the ribs I chose were just great! Pleasant atmosphere, friendly waitress and cold beer... recommend it!

1  Thank Robie91

I think I remember your visit - Spanish isn't so known in Czech so we're trying to make as many converts as we can :) - appreciate the review, see you next time, Peter

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stopped at Tapas Chorizo for a few drinks when walking back to our hotel in the Andel District. We got talking to ‘Peter’ the owner, who was very friendly and gave us lots of information on the area and using the city transport. The restaurant is really pretty inside with a lovely atmosphere. It was fairly quiet that night, but apparently it is very popular with Czech locals who tend to stay away from the city at Easter.

We decided to book a table for the 8 of us the following night. The table was set at the back of the restaurant and it looked lovely. Our waitress Micha was very helpful and pleasant and quick to serve us drinks.
Between the 8 of us we ordered a large assortment of Tapas & Steaks. It did not take long and our food was amazing, everything cooked perfectly. It was definitely our best meal in Prague and the best Tapas we have tried anywhere. ‘Steven’ the chef is a very talented guy and he was very helpful with one of our group who suffers from a food allergy.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Billypopps
PHalm, Owner at Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2011

I remember our meeting and I'm sorry I couldn't be with you the second time. Glad that Misa and Stepan were able to help and thanks so much for the review - from your party "best tapas anywhere" is high praise indeed. Glad you enjoyed Prague, feel free to keep in touch, we're on facebook, just search "Tapas Chorizo" and that'll be us. Bye for now, Peter

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Our party of 8 stumbled upon this restaurant on our first night in Prague, we had already eaten but went in for a drink. We had a few bottles of wine and chatted to Peter, who made us very welcome and gave us lots of info and advice on the metro/tram system as we were heading into Prague the following day. One of our party has a wheat allergy and he advised us that the chef could cater for her needs, so the next day we telephoned and booked a table for the following evening. We had a fabulous meal and the chef came to our table when we were ordering and advised on the ingredients of the dishes . All in all we had a great evening, the food was superb, the wine flowed and I can only say 'Por Favour' to Peter and his staff, especially Steve the Chef.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed Prague and Tapas Chorizo. When we are not so busy, Stepan (Steven) is always happy to talk through how we prepare our food, he's a big guy, you can tell food is his passion :) It was great to meet you and if you are back in town, please stop by again. Best wishes, Peter