“Rip off !!”

Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Paris, France
“Rip off !!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

During our Prague trip we found the restaurant by accident and had dinner there (as locals recommended it to us). We sat on the terrace, the food was great - we had a good time!

But the surprise came with the bill : There was an extra charge of 10% added the total amount ! The waiter insisted - we were obliged to pay the 10% tips! He didn't listen neither was willing to discuss about, so in the end we paid.

It's really a shame because until that moment we had really enjoyed the restaurant, the atmosphere and the food - we would have paid 10% tips anyway. But to be "forced" to do it, did not leave a good impression.

To me it seems that the waiter was not at all interested in tourists, prefered to serve local people and in the end cashed in on us. I would not go there - I am sure there are a lot of other places where you can have a good meal and not be treated as a "stupid tourist".

• Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Watford, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've recently been in Prague, and, since I had already read the reviews here on TripAdvisor, I chose this restaurant to give czech cuisine a try. My girlfriend and I had a goulash and a pork knee, both deliciuos (and I don't like onions !) and very cheap. Just one inconvenient: at 7.00 pm they weren't serving desserts, because the kitchen was too busy serving other people's main courses. Staff spoke a little English and looked like very busy. However, I'd love to eat again here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank kougikun
Mesa, Arizona
“Great food, great prices!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was my favorite restaurant in Prague. If you want to get a feel of traditional Czech food at a very good price, then this is the place to go. It is located not too far from the city center but far enough to find great food for the price. Great ambiance, mostly frequented by the locals, wait staff will try to do their best to communicate in english and get what you need, overall great experience.

• Visited March 2011